Tickets for TEB 2014 | Golden Skate

Tickets for TEB 2014

Alba

Record Breaker
Me too, but I think tickets are not out for sale yet.
According to wikipedia FR the arena will be Patinoire de Mériadeck situated at Mériadeck area.
It's an administrative & commercial area, and is connected with the city centre with tram A: station Hôtel de Police.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Me too, but I think tickets are not out for sale yet.
According to wikipedia FR the arena will be Patinoire de Mériadeck situated at Mériadeck area.
It's an administrative & commercial area, and is connected with the city centre with tram A: station Hôtel de Police.
I am slightly concerned that Flatley's "Lord of the Dance" is there on Wednesday 19th Nov. If TEB is going to be there, wouldn't there be practice sessions the next day, Thursday 20th?

Then again, Meriadeck is a permanent rink - they just put super-insulated flooring over it for concerts etc. So I guess they are pretty quick/efficient at add/removing the flooring... but still, I wonder if it's really going to be at Meriadeck despite the French wiki.

Then again again... I can't figure out any other place they could hold it, in Bordeaux...! o_O

Alba

Record Breaker
I am slightly concerned that Flatley's "Lord of the Dance" is there on Wednesday 19th Nov. If TEB is going to be there, wouldn't there be practice sessions the next day, Thursday 20th?

Then again, Meriadeck is a permanent rink - they just put super-insulated flooring over it for concerts etc. So I guess they are pretty quick/efficient at add/removing the flooring... but still, I wonder if it's really going to be at Meriadeck despite the French wiki.

Then again again... I can't figure out any other place they could hold it, in Bordeaux...! o_O

Never been there so I don't know the place but I don't see a problem to remove the flooring in time for the practice sessions the day after.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Tickets are on sale now, from the French Ticketmaster site

So the venue is definitely Patinoire Meriadeck...! haha :-D
There are 4 sessions/tickets available:
Friday - all the short programs
Saturday afternoon - Pairs and Ladies Free skates
Saturday evening - Dance and Mens Free skates
Sunday afternoon - Gala

It looks like the same deal as TEB last year: There are no seat allocations for the Friday, and one side of the arena has no tickets on sale (I'm assuming that side is reserved for VIP's and French skating clubs... and will be the judges' side. Again.)

By the way, there is now a detailed practice and competition schedule posted on the FFSG site

I wonder if ticket-holders will be allowed into the practices this year. Somehow I doubt it :-/

I'm looking forward to this, it's chock-full of competitors that I find interesting and/or entertaining, in all disciplines. I just hope they all stay fit and healthy! (I recall Yuna Kim and Kiira Korpi were assigned to last year's TEB... but sadly, neither of them made it :-/ )

Richie

Rinkside
thankx for the link info. very easy bookingprocess. got my tix for all events. after twice visiting Bercy in Paris now for the first time off to GP in Bordeaux from the Netherlands.

Daniskates93

Rinkside
Got my mum and I tickets in the front row - we are treating ourselves this year for sure! Does anyone know the camera policy for this event? (asking for a friend :p)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Got my mum and I tickets in the front row - we are treating ourselves this year for sure! Does anyone know the camera policy for this event? (asking for a friend :p)
If it's the same as TEB in Paris last year, no problem with cameras - assuming you're not planning to clobber your neighbours in the face or obscure their view with a giant lens, and photos are for "personal" use :-D

And do make sure your friend knows how to turn off the flash :-D

Alba

Record Breaker
Tickets are on sale now, from the French Ticketmaster site

So the venue is definitely Patinoire Meriadeck...! haha :-D
There are 4 sessions/tickets available:
Friday - all the short programs
Saturday afternoon - Pairs and Ladies Free skates
Saturday evening - Dance and Mens Free skates
Sunday afternoon - Gala

It looks like the same deal as TEB last year: There are no seat allocations for the Friday, and one side of the arena has no tickets on sale (I'm assuming that side is reserved for VIP's and French skating clubs... and will be the judges' side. Again.)

By the way, there is now a detailed practice and competition schedule posted on the FFSG site

I wonder if ticket-holders will be allowed into the practices this year. Somehow I doubt it :-/

I'm looking forward to this, it's chock-full of competitors that I find interesting and/or entertaining, in all disciplines. I just hope they all stay fit and healthy! (I recall Yuna Kim and Kiira Korpi were assigned to last year's TEB... but sadly, neither of them made it :-/ )

Thank you so much. So, I can't choose my seats for Friday?
Do we know at what time starts the SP on Friday? I have the plane on that day.

Alba

Record Breaker
I can't figure out from the Map the difference between Carre Or, Cat 1 and Cat 2. :confused:
HELP!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I was doing a test and 2 tickets from Friday events cost 16 euros alone? Am I right or I'm doing something wrong here?
Friday tickets are indeed, DIRT CHEAP!

Judging from my own experience and what I see on TV, attendance is on Fridays is usually very poor - I guess because it's a work day, or people are just not so keen to pay a lot for short programs? So maybe the cheap price, and the unallocated seating, is supposed to encourage more people to come?

I can't figure out from the Map the difference between Carre Or, Cat 1 and Cat 2. :confused:
HELP!
Click on an an empty seat, look at how much it costs ;-D Now you know which type of seat it is ;-D

If you zoom out in the map, it should show rectangular icons for Carre Or, Cat1, Cat2. When you hover your mouse over those, it will highlight the blocks that they apply to. Then you can zoom in, to select individual seats for the category you want.

Basically, North ("Nord") side front 6 rows are Carre Or... the seats behind those are Cat1... and the East ("Est") end seats are Cat2.

Alba

Record Breaker
Friday tickets are indeed, DIRT CHEAP!

Judging from what I see on TV, attendance is on Friday's is usually very poor - I guess because its a work day or people not so keen to pay a lot for short programs? So I guess the cheap price, and the unallocated seating, is supposed to encourage more people to come?

Click on an an empty seat, look at how much it costs ;-D Now you know which type of seat it is ;-D

If you zoom out in the map, it should show rectangular icons for Carre Or, Cat1, Cat2. When you hover your mouse over those, it will highlight the blocks that they apply to. Then you can zoom in, to select individual seats for the category you want.

Basically, north side front 6 rows are Carre Or, the seats behind those are Cat1... and the East end seats are Cat2.

Yep. I got it now. Thank you so much. :)

So Friday tickets are cheap therefore unallocated seating. I just hope I'll have good seats, then.

The Map does work indeed for the free programs. :agree:
It's only one side, north. Strange really. I don't think they can fill all that area with invitations and other skaters only.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Do we know at what time starts the SP on Friday? I have the plane on that day.
According to the preliminary schedule posted on the FFSG site, the competition starts at 15:30 with the Pairs. But maybe there will be an opening ceremony before that?

It's only one side, north. Strange really.
Yes, it was like that last year - one side (the judges side) was reserved for French skating clubs and VIP's.

Alba

Record Breaker
Yes, it was like that last year - one side (the judges side) was reserved for French skating clubs and VIP's.

Can they fill all that area with invitations only?
I think the best way is to wait and see how many tickets you can sell and than keep the seats for the those invited.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Can they fill all that area with invitations only?
I think the best way is to wait and see how many tickets you can sell and than keep the seats for the those invited.
No, they don't fill that side LOL. At least, not last year. Which is annoying, because I'd pick the judges' side if I could - choreography is aimed at the judges, and looks best from where they're sitting. Even the medal ceremonies were angled towards at that side of the rink - so all we saw was the skaters' backs. (They could have done it square against one end of the rink, so that both sides got a decent view :p)

But I don't expect the club members and VIP's sit on that side for free - I'm guessing they still have to pay.

Alba

Record Breaker
No, they don't fill that side LOL. At least, not last year. Which is annoying, because I'd pick the judges' side if I could - choreography is aimed at the judges, and looks best from where they're sitting. Even the medal ceremonies were angled towards at that side of the rink - so all we saw was the skaters' backs. (They could have done it square against one end of the rink, so that both sides got a decent view :p)

But I don't expect the club members and VIP's sit on that side for free - I'm guessing they still have to pay.

So annoying. :disapp:

I got the tickets though. Carre Or. :yay:
Unfortunately I didn't take tickets for the short program. I arrive in Bordeaux at lunch time and it will take time to go to the city from the airport, hotel etc.
Is there any chance to find tickets there at the moment? I mean, if we have time I can go and try right?

Come to think of that, it's just 8 euros. I can do the tickets and see if I have time, if not 8 euros is not a big deal.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Come to think of that, it's just 8 euros. I can do the tickets and see if I have time, if not 8 euros is not a big deal.
Yeah - no big loss if you don't make it in time.

But I think you probably have time, if your hotel is close by (eg. Novotel or Ibis). In any case, you might miss a bit of Pairs SP (starts at 15:30), but surely you'd see all the rest? Ladies SP starts at 17:00, Mens SP starts at 18:55, Dance SD starts at 20:50. They're not going to turn you away at the door, because you arrived late! ;-D