Skate Canada Announces 2014-2015 National Team | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada Announces 2014-2015 National Team

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Coltrocks12

On the Ice
Scott is easily recognizable but Tessa looks really different in that picture. Tanned and healthy but different.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Do you know if Dylan Moskovici is still skating with somebody? I still can't believe what happened with their separation. Poor Dylan!

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Do you know if Dylan Moskovici is still skating with somebody? I still can't believe what happened with their separation. Poor Dylan!
Him and Lubov Iliushechkina are skating together and have chosen Toronto Cricket and Curling Club as their home, they will be coached by Lee Barkell. I don't know about their current status because apparently Lubov has not been released from the Russian Fed so I don't think they can compete yet which is a damn shame

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Do you know what happened with Andrei Rogozine? I am not sure , but a few weeks ago at a rink (Ice Academy)in Mississauga, On, there was a very blond guy, doing level 4 spins, very good steps and wonderful jumps...He looked like Rogozine, but I am not sure...I noticed he is not among the Canadian team.

LRK

Record Breaker
Him and Lubov Iliushechkina are skating together and have chosen Toronto Cricket and Curling Club as their home, they will be coached by Lee Barkell. I don't know about their current status because apparently Lubov has not been released from the Russian Fed so I don't think they can compete yet which is a damn shame

I'm curious, how long can a fed continue to refuse to release someone? I understand it's been a long while since she competed for Russia? Also, because of France refusing to release Bruno Massot, I've come to wonder how it has been in the past - with previous such cases. What are the precedents? Have skaters been let go easily, or have some been held up for a very long time? Does it depend on what fed - and are there feds notorious for refusing to release skaters? I know this may not be the "proper" place to ask this, but... I just felt curious.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Do you know what happened with Andrei Rogozine? I am not sure , but a few weeks ago at a rink (Ice Academy)in Mississauga, On, there was a very blond guy, doing level 4 spins, very good steps and wonderful jumps...He looked like Rogozine, but I am not sure...I noticed he is not among the Canadian team.

My understanding is that Rogozine is now training in Colorado with Christy Krall. That's not to say that he couldn't have been in Mississauga, of course. Rogozine isn't on the team because he finished out of the top 5 at the national championships.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
My understanding is that Rogozine is now training in Colorado with Christy Krall. That's not to say that he couldn't have been in Mississauga, of course. Rogozine isn't on the team because he finished out of the top 5 at the national championships.

Could Rogozine also be training with Tom Z as well?
Rogozine was part of an autograph session at TZ's recent Air Force Academy skating camp in Colorado Springs. None of Krall's skaters were at the camp, AFAIK. But Max, Rachael, Mirai, and Brandon were some of TZ's skaters who were camp coaches.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I'm curious, how long can a fed continue to refuse to release someone? I understand it's been a long while since she competed for Russia? Also, because of France refusing to release Bruno Massot, I've come to wonder how it has been in the past - with previous such cases. What are the precedents? Have skaters been let go easily, or have some been held up for a very long time? Does it depend on what fed - and are there feds notorious for refusing to release skaters? I know this may not be the "proper" place to ask this, but... I just felt curious.

No idea, I know Russia refused to release Daniil Barantsev for like 5 years or something, Lubov hasn't competed internationally since 2011. I think Russia is more notorious for not releasing skaters. Lot of federations don't want to give up good skaters to other countries, I know Tatiana Volosozhar was released pretty easily because her federation knew there weren't any skaters at her level in Ukraine even though she's a great pairs skater. I wonder if Russia will be willing to release Lubov now though, Dylan is one of the strongest male pairs skaters right now and Canada is probably Russia's biggest competition right now. I think her case is different because at the time of the split apparently Lubov was treated very poorly by her coach and her partner at the time and the training environment had an adverse effect on her skating. She tried to skate for France but the federation held onto her for speaking out about it.

LRK

Record Breaker
No idea, I know Russia refused to release Daniil Barantsev for like 5 years or something, Lubov hasn't competed internationally since 2011. I think Russia is more notorious for not releasing skaters. Lot of federations don't want to give up good skaters to other countries, I know Tatiana Volosozhar was released pretty easily because her federation knew there weren't any skaters at her level in Ukraine even though she's a great pairs skater. I wonder if Russia will be willing to release Lubov now though, Dylan is one of the strongest male pairs skaters right now and Canada is probably Russia's biggest competition right now. I think her case is different because at the time of the split apparently Lubov was treated very poorly by her coach and her partner at the time and the training environment had an adverse effect on her skating. She tried to skate for France but the federation held onto her for speaking out about it.

Thanks for your reply! I do hope they release her - she is totally unknown to me, as I've never seen her skate, but I think it is heartbreaking for them to stand in her - and in this case Dylan's - way. Even if they may very well turn out a threat - I hope so for no other reason than that we sorely need as many good pair couples as possible - still, Russia has enough pairs to go around, and the Rus fed shouldn't behave in such a... "dog in the manger" fashion. Sigh. Well, we'll see, I suppose...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Scott is easily recognizable but Tessa looks really different in that picture. Tanned and healthy but different.

No biggie, but could it be that the uneven lighting of the photo made a difference to your eyes?
They both were easily recognizable to me, but it is true that Tessa and the papers in front of her are in shadow, whereas Scott and his paperwork are directly under the light source.

anyanka

Record Breaker

Good information. What's the latest update? Is she in Canada training now?

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Good information. What's the latest update? Is she in Canada training now?

She's currently training with Dylan at the Toronto Cricket Club with coach Lee Barkell, it's been that way for the past couple months I believe? Dylan Moscovitch did a promo for Sportsnet The Beauty of Sport and you get some snippets of them skating together which you can watch here, they also performed at a local ice show at the beginning of August, I was going to go but I had a conflict on that day, here's some pics on twitter