Serafima Sakhanovich | Page 28 | Golden Skate

Serafima Sakhanovich

tulosai

Record Breaker
Honestly I know some people have the philosophy that only positive thoughts should be posted in fan fests, so if you're one of those people just skip this post I'm not offended.

I think that Sima's jumps are a disaster and many if not all of them need to be entirely reworked. I would not say she has great technique on any of them, and her double axel in particular is in need of serious, emergency level help. The 'new entrance' to it has helped nothing if it even exists, which I'm not certain of. It's my opinion that she also has to learn how to jump all the jumps normally and forget about this rippon/tano business. I realize she may be used to jumping that way and it may in fact be harder, for a time, for her to jump normally. This doesn't change the fact that the odds are OVERWHELMING that, after a period of jumping without her arms in the air, the jumps would in fact become more stable and easier for her to do, because quite simply, it is easier to maintain your balance and center of gravity in the air when your arms are tight against your body. That's why almost everyone jumps that way and literally everyone first learns to jump that way. It's easier. It's safer. It's more stable.

I'm sorry, but as a Russian ladies skater, I do not think there is any real hope for her future unless she manages to stabilize her jumps, and I don't think she can stabilize her jumps without completely reworking her technique. It is obvious this is not enough of a priority for her and her team at this time. Her long program is in my opinion also a disaster but that pales in comparison to this jump issue.

I don't think there's any point in pretending this isn't the case, even in a fan thread, and I think fans should be able to come here and talk about it because, as a fan, it's upsetting to me and I'd like to think there's hope for its resolution. But I really can't bring myself to come here and act happy about everything because I'm really not.

piona

On the Ice
I don't think there's any point in pretending this isn't the case, even in a fan thread, and I think fans should be able to come here and talk about it because, as a fan, it's upsetting to me and I'd like to think there's hope for its resolution. But I really can't bring myself to come here and act happy about everything because I'm really not.

Unless she wont turn to Israel, Usbekistan, Kazhastan or some other ex-Soviet country, her skating-career is over.
You just have to watch the JGP and you realize pretty soon that she has nearly no chance at her age.
The feds gave her a place in the Grand Prix series and if she wont do some magic she can say goodbye to the Russian rink.

hanca

Record Breaker
I think she needs either Mishin or Urmanov. And she definitely need a coaching situation where her coach would have a lot of time for her. So maybe rather Urmanov than Mishin. Urmanov now has only Lipnitskaya from top skaters. Mishin now puts a lot of energy to Kostner, Tuktamysheva, Petrov, Dmitriev and will possibly also spend time with Pluschenko, if he returns next season.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sorry, but as a Russian ladies skater, I do not think there is any real hope for her future unless she manages to stabilize her jumps, and I don't think she can stabilize her jumps without completely reworking her technique. It is obvious this is not enough of a priority for her and her team at this time. Her long program is in my opinion also a disaster but that pales in comparison to this jump issue.

It needs to be a priority. I thought last season she was working to correct some of her technique but this season, her 2a is worse, she doesn't even try to pretend that her lutz is on an outside edge, falling/stepping out of rippons/tanos looks stupid, and her 1loop and jumps landings are not good either. Her rippon/tano jumps are not hiding her jump flaws since she gets negative GOEs across the board even when she lands them (or very minimum +GOE). She really needs to work on her technique now while she is young. Its frustrating when skaters are so hell bent on sticking to something that's clearly not working (rippons). Sigh.

And was I the only one thinking maybe there is a chance Russia will take away Skate America from her like they did with Artemieva and SC, Gorshkov and RC? Rukavitsin is sure having a bad week.

P.S. I never like her long program, preferred her Leningrad program from early last season (including the costume). I'm still bitter about the change. I generally do not like Molotov's choreography.

piona

On the Ice
No, I heard rumours that he wants the team event...

What an egocentric a$$h0le. Seriously, last time he took the chance at olympics from younger talents. And now he still wants the team event? I really hope the Russian feds wont play this madness.

crazy3d

Rinkside
Serafima is beautiful. Somebody messed up her life and career. :sad21:

Last edited:

ewdokia

On the Ice
I thought last season she was working to correct some of her technique but this season, her 2a is worse, she doesn't even try to pretend that her lutz is on an outside edge, falling/stepping out of rippons/tanos looks stupid, and her 1loop and jumps landings are not good either.
I saw Sima in competition at Ice Challenge last year and more than two weeks ago in Oberstdorf. I also went to the practice sessions at both events. I can tell you her 2a indeed improved. Of course she does not have the best 2a technique in the world, but in Oberstdorf she landed her 2a cleanly at a very high percentage rate. For some reason she can’t do that jump in competition, it rather seems psychologically to me. Unfortunately in Germany she had quite some problems on the other jumps, in particular on her 3-3 combos, but then here again to me it seemed like the mistakes were subject to her not going with enough confidence into them. The coach who accompanied her certainly also was not helpful (some Coach of Rukavitsin’s team I’ve not heard so far). :(

And was I the only one thinking maybe there is a chance Russia will take away Skate America from her like they did with Artemieva and SC, Gorshkov and RC? Rukavitsin is sure having a bad week.
I don’t know about Gorshkov, but Russian Fed didn’t take away SC from Artemieva, it was her initiative not to go there. Russian Fed might be evil, but not in this case. ;)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just to stick to us fans, she still messed up her jumps without Rippons or Tanos :taunt: Now its going to be business as usual in the LP! Tanos/Rippons for every jump :devil:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Hey, she managed to come in 5th in the FS and got positive GOE on 4 jumps. Glass half full. :)