Status
Not open for further replies.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
IMO she is doomed, no matter what.

Unfortunately, I agree. I think Adelina could win every competition this season and skate out of her skin and it wouldn't be enough for the Yunafans.

She's in a lose/lose situation: there'll always be a portion of people who will refuse to accept that she's a good skater even if she wins everything, but that same portion will be ready and waiting to attack if she stumbles.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Re: Yuna fans that won't warm up to Sotnikova no matter what-

I consider myself a Yuna uber, but not a 'bot' because I am not blind to her errors or against praising and appreciating other skaters' performances. If other Yuna 'fans' insist on bashing Adelina's future achievements/mistakes who cares? They're not subjective fans of the sport anyway. Yuna herself isn't dwelling on how Sochi turned out, so why should her fans? Even if they're still upset with the result their criticisms are misdirected, they should be towards the judges not the skater. There's no excuse for the extensive lengths some fans have gone to, other than petty blind hatred. Unless they plan to attack Adelina or something crazy like that just ignore them. There's nothing anyone can do (even Yuna herself) that will appease them :rolleye:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
It is quite adoreable you are so delusional you think the dislike towards Sotnikova is only from "Yunafans". Almost as much as your insistence Joshua Farris is some world beater based on his pewter medals from U.S Nationals.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
It is quite adoreable you are so delusional you think the dislike towards Sotnikova is only from "Yunafans".

I'm not sure if this was solely directed at me or if I was just one of several. I'll reply anyway though. :)

I think people who disagreed with the result included much more than just Yuna fans. But the reactions I've seen (on the internet) that involved personally attacking Adelina herself were from hardcore Yuna fans.

There's a difference between respectfully disagreeing with the Olympic outcome and just being bitterly petty about it.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I'm not sure if this was solely directed at me or if I was just one of several. I'll reply anyway though. :)

I think people who disagreed with the result included much more than just Yuna fans. But the reactions I've seen (on the internet) that involved personally attacking Adelina herself were from hardcore Yuna fans.

There's a difference between respectfully disagreeing with the Olympic outcome and just being bitterly petty about it.

No it was directed at the poster above you. Your post came in the interim and was never directed towards you. And I think there is much disgust towards Sotnikova and the Olympic result from non Yu Na fans. Yu Na isn't even that popular a skater anywhere but Korea. People dislike corruption in any form, especialy for a sport known for it, and coming from a country with a rich history of it far beyond any other. Some like to delude themselves by inventing a self created myth only "Yu Na fans" could think otherwise though. As if a non Yu Na fan would probably think Sotnikova was the rightful winner in Sochi. :popcorn::laugh: :rofl: The consensus of 95% of skating fans atleast is the same. Kostner and Kim easily beat her in both programs (in reality) and Asada, Kim, and Kostner all easily beat her in the long program (in reality) so obviously the "controversy" goes far beyond Yu Na Kim despite the fantasy bubble created by desperate backers of Sotnikova. Drivingmissdaisy even went so far as to call myself and Blades of Passion of all people "Yu Na fanatics". Yes I am actually serious. :laugh:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I consider myself a Yuna uber, but not a 'bot' because I am not blind to her errors or against praising and appreciating other skaters' performances. If other Yuna 'fans' insist on bashing Adelina's future achievements/mistakes who cares? They're not subjective fans of the sport anyway. Yuna herself isn't dwelling on how Sochi turned out, so why should her fans? Even if they're still upset with the result their criticisms are misdirected, they should be towards the judges not the skater. There's no excuse for the extensive lengths some fans have gone to, other than petty blind hatred. Unless they plan to attack Adelina or something crazy like that just ignore them. There's nothing anyone can do (even Yuna herself) that will appease them :rolleye:

I am worried about Adelina getting all these terrible comments, her instagram was filled with people calling her ugly and untalented and much more colourful things, sure we can suck it up and not dwell on those but it's harder for an 18 year old girl like her who's at the centre of it all.

I consider myself a Yuna uber, but not a 'bot' because I am not blind to her errors or against praising and appreciating other skaters' performances. If other Yuna 'fans' insist on bashing Adelina's future achievements/mistakes who cares?

I agree. I don't even think the Yuna fans themselves will care much longer. Maybe years from now some old-time fans will still be saying, boy, it sure made me mad what happened at the Olympics that year, but … meh.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I agree. I don't even think the Yuna fans themselves will care much longer. Maybe years from now some old-time fans will still be saying, boy, it sure made me mad what happened at the Olympics that year, but … meh.

Wishful thinking on your part. That result will have an ugly mark attached to it forever. People even still talk frequently about Baiul's win in 94 which isn't one tenth the controversy this was. The only result in Olympic history that can be compared to this is Salt Lake City pairs, and that only based upon disgraceful biased North American media propaganda (although as it was against Russians, it was fitting payback for centuries of cheating in the sport by Russia I guess) as opposed to actual skating, and we know how huge a stain that event still holds all this time later.

MiRé

Match Penalty
I personally am not mad at Adelina or anything, but her attitude during the interview of the medalists surely did not do good on Yuna fans (perhaps that's why there are so many hate comments?).

Wishful thinking on your part. That result will have an ugly mark attached to it forever. People even still talk frequently about Baiul's win in 94 which isn't one tenth the controversy this was. The only result in Olympic history that can be compared to this is Salt Lake City pairs, and that only based upon disgraceful biased North American media propaganda (although as it was against Russians, it was fitting payback for centuries of cheating in the sport by Russia I guess) as opposed to actual skating, and we know how huge a stain that event still holds all this time later.

If, in a few years, no one cares any more about this result than we care now about Baiul's medal in 1994, we don't have much to worry about. What % of all the people in the world can name the winner of the 1994 Olympic Gold Medal. And even fewer can name either of the two pairs teams from 2002.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Its easy to say "who cares" about what others say when its not directed at you/effects you. If no one cared, we wouldn't have such a high teen suicide rate due to cyber bullying. Have you seen the comments on her videos/instagram? Its not just simply disagreeing with her win; the comments are hate-filled, bitter, and personal. Ranging from death threats to hate comments about her looks and even her family. :disapp: I'm proud of her and how strong shes been to be honest.

Think about what you're saying before you actually say them. Words can hurt, and sometimes it can do unspeakable damage.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
If, in a few years, no one cares any more about this result than we care now about Baiul's medal in 1994, we don't have much to worry about. What % of all the people in the world can name the winner of the 1994 Olympic Gold Medal. And even fewer can name either of the two pairs teams from 2002.

Well 20 years ago is a different story, now we have social media and information is much more readily available so stuff may play out differently, although I think people will stop talking about in a few years, in the next couple it will still be talked about while Adelina is still competing on the internet and such. Who knows.

cooper

Medalist

pyeongchang...

i bet those fans will never forget.. i tell you.. you will see them with their banners and shouting "cheaters"!! at the location of figure skating stadium.. people may find it hilarious or pathetic.. or mabye for the outsiders it will be a non-factor.. but in Korea.. they will likely to show how they will feel.. and the local media known for their uber-craziness will go at it..

the only way i could see this change is if korea has a contender in figure skating..

AliceInWonderland

On the Ice
pyeongchang...

i bet those fans will never forget.. i tell you.. you will see them with their banners and shouting "cheaters"!! at the location of figure skating stadium.. people may find it hilarious or pathetic.. or mabye for the outsiders it will be a non-factor.. but in Korea.. they will likely to show how they will feel.. and the local media known for their uber-craziness will go at it..

the only way i could see this change is if korea has a contender in figure skating..

Soyoun could potentially be a podium contender... but a gold contender? Not likely. But really, who knows. In 2010, Yulia was a nobody.

Alain

Match Penalty
I personally am not mad at Adelina or anything, but her attitude during the interview of the medalists surely did not do good on Yuna fans (perhaps that's why there are so many hate comments?).
:confused: What attitude? Sorry for asking.

Meoima

Match Penalty
If I remember correctly she said something like she thought she deserved the gold and she won because she had more jumps. Well, not that much can be counted as ignorance, she said what she thought and believed, it's simple.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

IIRC, a Russian Fed PR person pulled Adelina out of the press conference while Yuna was speaking. It wasn't Adelina's fault, but she got the hate for "disrespecting THE QUEEN!" anyway.

Alain

Match Penalty
IIRC, a Russian Fed PR person pulled Adelina out of the press conference while Yuna was speaking. It wasn't Adelina's fault, but she got the hate for "disrespecting THE QUEEN!" anyway.
:laugh: Seriously? Thanks for the information. Hardly the royal attitude of Yuna actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.