Sotnikova to headline field at NHK Trophy | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Sotnikova to headline field at NHK Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alba

Record Breaker
I don't think so. Yuna is the only OGM winner in a very long time to do much of anything after her win. Any fan who has followed Adelina understands she is never going to be as consistent as Michelle Kwan, but we hope that she is able to peak when it counts, as she did in Sochi.

Look, I've heard bitter and biased comments from some media: journalist and commentators, fans as well, about Grishuk&Platov during all the years they competed, and they were the best from 1994-1998 - NO DOUBT ABOUT IT - just because they won in Lillehammer.
Reputation and history do count in FS and some of the worse fanatics I've seen are in this sport.

I think people who disagreed with the result included much more than just Yuna fans. But the reactions I've seen (on the internet) that involved personally attacking Adelina herself were from hardcore Yuna fans.

There's a difference between respectfully disagreeing with the Olympic outcome and just being bitterly petty about it.

This. :thumbsup:

zamboni step

Final Flight
Wishful thinking on your part. That result will have an ugly mark attached to it forever. People even still talk frequently about Baiul's win in 94 which isn't one tenth the controversy this was. The only result in Olympic history that can be compared to this is Salt Lake City pairs, and that only based upon disgraceful biased North American media propaganda (although as it was against Russians, it was fitting payback for centuries of cheating in the sport by Russia I guess) as opposed to actual skating, and we know how huge a stain that event still holds all this time later.

I don't enjoy being rude but you calling Adelina a brat really makes it difficult not to be. But you sound like a 14 year old girl who thinks life as we know it is forever changed because she had a fight with her boyfriend..... :rolleye:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't enjoy being rude but you calling Adelina a brat really makes it difficult not to be. But you sound like a 14 year old girl who thinks life as we know it is forever changed because she had a fight with her boyfriend..... :rolleye:
:laugh::laugh::thumbsup:

cooper

Medalist
:laugh: Seriously? Thanks for the information. Hardly the royal attitude of Yuna actually.

what royal attitude? :rolleye:

If I remember correctly she said something like she thought she deserved the gold and she won because she had more jumps. Well, not that much can be counted as ignorance, she said what she thought and believed, it's simple.

and she criticized yuna's programs.. as if her own programs are any better..

Meoima

Match Penalty
she criticized yuna's programs.. as if her own programs are any better..
To be fair she can speak whatever she believes. And she did have the skate of her life, the judges gave her the highest score so she believes it. It's pretty much simple.

cooper

Medalist
To be fair she can speak whatever she believes. And she did have the skate of her life, the judges gave her the highest score so she believes it. It's pretty much simple.

whatever.. she doesn't have to criticize her fellow competitor's programs.. she should have just defended by saying that she skated better.. she doesn't have to bring yuna down.. that's tarasova's job (which she did..) :rolleye:

heck you never hear lipinski criticizing kwan and her programs when she won her ogm.. heck even sarah hughes..

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Adelina Sotnitkova has a long way to go to match YuNa Kim's international record:

7 GP gold medals (Sotnikova has yet to win even one)
3 GPF gold medals, 1 GPF silver medal (Sotnikova has yet to win even one)
6 World medals (2 gold, 2 silver, 2 bronze (Sotnikova has yet to win even one)

2 Olympic medals (1 gold, 1 silver)

YuNa Kim has had a remarkable career in that she has never been off the podium in any event at which she has skated. Let's see if Sotnikova can build a career anywhere near as exceptional as YuNa's.

^ True, but Yuna Kim accrued a better record than lots of skaters. Better than Valentina Marchei, for instance. Better than Christina Gao.

There is no reason to use Kim's admirable career as a cudgel to beat up other skaters.

Meoima

Match Penalty
whatever.. she doesn't have to criticize her fellow competitor's programs.. she should have just defended by saying that she skated better.. she doesn't have to bring yuna down.. that's tarasova's job (which she did..) :rolleye:
heck you never hear lipinski criticizing kwan and her programs when she won her ogm.. heck even sarah hughes..
She didn't said Yuna was ugly or Yuna had a terrible skate or something like that. She said what she thought to be true, that she had more triple and her program had more difficult elements.

And To be fair I don't care. I only follow my favorites off-ice activities and I am not so fond of the ladies discipline. I care about how they performed on ice. And Adeline simply said whatever she believed. I am not even her fan but she does have the rights to give out any statement as long as it's not racist or immoral.

cooper

Medalist
She didn't said Yuna was ugly or Yuna had a terrible skate or something like that. She said what she thought to be true, that she had more triple and her program had more difficult elements.

And To be fair I don't care. I only follow my favorites off-ice activities and I am not so fond of the ladies discipline. I care about how they performed on ice. And Adeline simply said whatever she believed. I am not even her fan but she does have the rights to give out any statement as long as it's not racist or immoral.

she criticized yuna's programs just to make herself good.. you don't need to bring your fellow competitor down just to make yourself good.. for me that's the lowest it can get.. you can say whatever you want about how you skated or your program but she criticized the other skater just to make herself good..tarasova already talked a lot of trash in the media about yuna.. you don't need to continue to put more fire into it.. like what i said lipinski never said anything about kwan's programs when she won her ogm.. just to justify her win.. even sarah hughes..

Meoima

Match Penalty
she criticized yuna's programs just to make herself good.. you don't need to bring your fellow competitor down just to make yourself good.. for me that's the lowest it can get.. you can say whatever you want about how you skated or your program but she criticized the other skater just to make herself good..tarasova already talked a lot of trash in the media about yuna.. you don't need to continue to put more fire into it.. like what i said lipinski never said anything about kwan's programs when she won her ogm.. just to justify her win.. even sarah hughes..
I don't think what she said as bringing down her competitor. She had more triple, that's a fact. Her BV is higher and that's a fact. She had difficult combo and that's a fact. She thought more difficult program got higher scores, simple as that. Her team designed that program for her to win, and she simply believed so. The judges gave her the highest score of the night, and she didn't have any doubt.
What Adelina said was not so much different than what a football player replied reporters when they asked him why did his team win, he said: "Because we scored one more goal."

cooper

Medalist
I don't think what she said as bringing down her competitor. She had more triple, that's a fact. Her BV is higher and that's a fact. She had difficult combo and that's a fact. She thought more difficult program got higher scores, simple as that. What she said was not so much different than what a football player replied reporters when they asked him why did his team win, he said: "Because we scored one more goal."

she didn't only say about the triples..(which was pure BS and that's NOT a FACT.. because she doesn't have a true lutz) or the BV.. she had to describe yuna's programs.. she had to put her down just to justify her win..

Meoima

Match Penalty
she didn't only say about the triples..(which was pure BS and that's NOT a FACT.. because she doesn't have a true lutz) or the BV.. she had to describe yuna's programs.. she had to put her down just to justify her win..
Really? Would you mind sharing me the link to the article?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
she criticized yuna's programs just to make herself good.. you don't need to bring your fellow competitor down just to make yourself good.. for me that's the lowest it can get..

I'm curious if you have an actual quote from Adelina that is unfair to Yuna or are you just discussing without an actual case in point as I suspect. :popcorn:

The only time I remember her discussing Yuna at all was when a reporter asked about how she beat her. She offered up her strategy and how they took advantage of Yuna's weaker TES layout. That is not anymore unfair if Yuna had won and said. Adelina had a better TES attack but I took full advantage of her lack of ability to score high PCS scores.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

You're putting someone down to make another look better. That's called do as I say not as I do.

flyushka

Rinkside

LOL, as if no one's ever won the OGM with a flutz before. What did she say about Yuna's programs?

MK's Winter

Record Breaker

I don't think she offered that up on her own. I believe she was asked by a reporter and she is a 17 year old that gave an honest answer.

Would you be saying this about Yuna if Yuna gave the same answers regarding her own performance past or present?

Peter T. Played the Cop mathematical game to make this a winning program. That was the goal and her team is proud of that. She put it together when no one thought she could. Yes she has a tiny stumble on the double loop but that doesn't discount everything she did.

cooper

Medalist
I don't think she offered that up on her own. I believe she was asked by a reporter and she is a 17 year old that gave an honest answer.

Would you be saying this about Yuna if Yuna gave the same answers regarding her own performance past or present?

Peter T. Played the Cop mathematical game to make this a winning program. That was the goal and her team is proud of that. She put it together when no one thought she could. Yes she has a tiny stumble on the double loop but that doesn't discount everything she did.

how would i know?? yuna is too PR.. if she does.. i would have said that's bad sportsmanship and adding insult to injury..

well.. lipinski was 15 when she won OGM.. but she never said anything against kwan's programs just to justify her win..

Status
Not open for further replies.