GPF Barcelona 2014 - Tickets | Page 2 | Golden Skate

GPF Barcelona 2014 - Tickets

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I have a feeling that a number of the VIP boxes were sold to the tour companies before public ticket sales started.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I have a feeling that a number of the VIP boxes were sold to the tour companies before public ticket sales started.

Oooooh, is that what that is. Suddenly a lot of things are starting to make sense. I didn't get this whole "tour companies get the best seats" thing at all.
Although to be honest, I'm not sure why sitting at the non-judges side at nearly ground level would be so much better than, say, some rows up at the judges's side.
But if it's for groups, you would want people to sit together, of course.

This is such a lightbulb moment! ;-)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Where can I see the map of the arena?

Go to the official site and choose to buy the season pack. On the ticketing site, you should get a map of the arena, and by clicking on a specific, you can zoom in on that area to pick specific seats.

If you don't see the map, there is an option to switch to graphic view.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Go to the official site and choose to buy the season pack. On the ticketing site, you should get a map of the arena, and by clicking on a specific, you can zoom in on that area to pick specific seats.

If you don't see the map, there is an option to switch to graphic view.

Thanks.

Do you guys think the places behind the judges are better than across from them? I mean zona 1 and 5.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Thanks.

Do you guys think the places behind the judges are better than across from them? I mean zona 1 and 5.

I'm not an expert, but I get the feeling that sitting on the judges' side is better: it seems like all skating programs start with the figure skaters facing the judges. And sometimes skaters will put something in the program that is 'aimed' at the judges' side, too. So simply put, you see more of the skaters and possibly you get a better view od some important parts of the program?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the impression I've gotten. Maybe there are other reasons? Fact is that the one time I went to a figure skating event, upon entering the hall, there were maybe ten people sitting on the side opposite the judges, and about a hundred on the judges' side, so I figured there had to be a very good reason for that. And also, tickets for the GPF sold very fast on the judges' side on day one, but not the opposite side.

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I agree with Winnie_20 about the up side of sitting on the judges side. Since the advent of the IJS, though, there is one down side that prompts me to choose seats opposite the judges--the Technical Panel. The stand that is built for the Panel generally creates an obstructed view of the ice from most of the seats on the judges side. The degree of obstruction tends to decrease as you get away from center ice. Based on ticket availability at this year's Worlds in Saitama, I had no choice but to sit behind the Panel and certainly appreciated the superior vantage point based on the construction of programs to "play to the judges." However, in Saitama, even though the stands were raised above the Panel, my view of one corner of the ice was still completely obstructed. At the end of the day, my default preference is the unobstructed vantage point and I chose seats across from the judges for the GPF.

Snow63

Record Breaker
I agree with Winnie_20 about the up side of sitting on the judges side. Since the advent of the IJS, though, there is one down side that prompts me to choose seats opposite the judges--the Technical Panel. The stand that is built for the Panel generally creates an obstructed view of the ice from most of the seats on the judges side. The degree of obstruction tends to decrease as you get away from center ice. Based on ticket availability at this year's Worlds in Saitama, I had no choice but to sit behind the Panel and certainly appreciated the superior vantage point based on the construction of programs to "play to the judges." However, in Saitama, even though the stands were raised above the Panel, my view of one corner of the ice was still completely obstructed. At the end of the day, my default preference is the unobstructed vantage point and I chose seats across from the judges for the GPF.

That was my thoughts too. Seems like seats across from the judges are more 'open'.

And what do you think about Zona 3 and Zona 7? Is it possible to watch from there? I've never been in that part of arena before. My travel shapes to be more expensive than I hoped, so 40 Euros makes a good difference for me.

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I've sat in the "end zone" for many competitions and it is just fine. Sometimes I feel like the opposite side of the ice is a bit far away and some Pairs and Dance lifts become somewhat one dimensional, but overall, the end is still a good location. If you want to save money, Zones 3&7 are a bargain. Btw, looks like K&C is in Zone 3. I would go for it ! :)

Snow63

Record Breaker
I've sat in the "end zone" for many competitions and it is just fine. Sometimes I feel like the opposite side of the ice is a bit far away and some Pairs and Dance lifts become somewhat one dimensional, but overall, the end is still a good location. If you want to save money, Zones 3&7 are a bargain. Btw, looks like K&C is in Zone 3. I would go for it ! :)

Hmmm.. I will definetely think about it, thanks :) Booked cheap hotel today, both-end flight is still 350 Euros tho. I wish there was direct flight from my city.
Do you know when individual session tickets will be available? I only want to see juniors ice dance competition, or even nothing at all. But I'm afraid there will be only bad seats left when they'll start to sell individual tickets.

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
Does anyone know where one can buy one-day passes or 2-day passes? :) Thanks for all the info and advice guys!!

I'm not sure they are selling them yet. I hope later. I've already bought flights and made a hotel reservation for the weekend, now I'm only waiting the possibility to buy one-day pass for Saturday. Spanish system ;) I bought also the tickets to Stockholm EC.

Alba

Record Breaker
A friend of mine has two tickets (All events) for GPF in a Barcellona.
FRONT row seats (on the judges side) F1 Zona 56- 67, seats no. 44 & 45.
257.50 Euro each. Tickets can be sold separate as well.

Contact me in private so I can give you her contact info.

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
A friend of mine has two tickets (All events) for GPF in a Barcellona.
FRONT row seats (on the judges side) F1 Zona 56- 67, seats no. 44 & 45.
257.50 Euro each. Tickets can be sold separate as well.

Contact me in private so I can give you her contact info.

The ticket no. 45 is sold. The seat no.44 (200 euros) is still available.

adorkable

Spectator
Hi everyone
I have two all event tickets for the GPF for sale
Zone 5 / 6-67, row 8
Tickets can be sold separately as well
If you're interested please send me a PM for further details :)

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
There are two new tickets ALL EVENTS for GPF Barcelona.

Section: ZONA 3 359 - 392 - Row: F 5 - Seat: 379
Section: ZONA 3 359 - 392 - Row: F 5 - Seat: 380

Tickets can be sold separately.

NaVi

Medalist
Look at the ticket sales, there is likely to be more people at the Junior short programs than their final which is lumped in with the Mens(and another events) SP. The ticket prices for the SP look a little steep.