Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 170 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

liapacco

Rinkside

Throughout this season, it feels like we've barely had any gala videos up for a long time, possibly because the track is copyrighted and Youtube has their issues, and whatever video that we did have always had some commentator talking through half of it, so thank you for this!

I find it so adorable how they're smiling at each other at the start of the video. They seem to be in a good mood through Europeans - I guess the short break they got did them good. At the SD press conference too, Guillaume was cracking a joke while Gaby was talking about her twizzle mistake. I also noticed that they seemed to be coughing a little. I hope they rest up, especially if they're flying to Korea in a week, but we'll have to see!

floatingworld

On the Ice
So I heard the French commentators said that the French team is going to Korea on the 30th of January at 300km of Pyeongchang to train behind close doors. It's common to all skaters to do that during the Olympics, I was just wondering if PapaCiz will go that early to. We will have to follow instagram closely ;)

I hope they are able to do so. Physically acclimating to an environment matters so much (time change, food, even allergens, etc.) and they have to be in best shape. I was a tad worried that Guillaume was coughing a bit during the interview held right after their performance. So glad they set world records again though as those gradually cement their frontrunner status. I noticed that there seem to be fewer negative comments and criticisms in the recently uploaded YouTube videos of their EC performance.

MelDee

Final Flight
Throughout this season, it feels like we've barely had any gala videos up for a long time, possibly because the track is copyrighted and Youtube has their issues, and whatever video that we did have always had some commentator talking through half of it, so thank you for this!

I find it so adorable how they're smiling at each other at the start of the video. They seem to be in a good mood through Europeans - I guess the short break they got did them good. At the SD press conference too, Guillaume was cracking a joke while Gaby was talking about her twizzle mistake. I also noticed that they seemed to be coughing a little. I hope they rest up, especially if they're flying to Korea in a week, but we'll have to see!

Yes, there certainly is an issue with Beyoncé's music being copyrighted on YT. Luckily, there are people who upload it elsewhere :)

I read over on FSU that Guillaume struggled with a cold this week, which not only explains the coughing, but also the subdued performances this week.

maya1985

On the Ice
Congratulations to Gabi and Guillaume:cheer2: . It was once again sublime. This sonata is a masterpiece, the difficulties and the elements disappear. Fourth consecutive title of European champions. Two new records...(7 world records in 4 competitions:yes2:) They make a great season in gold, I hope it will continue...

Video of the small medals ceremony https://vk.com/publicpapadakiscizeron?z=video-82098134_456239167%2Fac39905e1072155abd%2Fpl_wall_-82098134

Report in french (tout le sport):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i2Nal3vr_Y

floatingworld

On the Ice
I read over on FSU that Guillaume struggled with a cold this week, which not only explains the coughing, but also the subdued performances this week.

That explains it then. When he was being interviewed all sweaty and bare-breasted (still in his costume) in the ice rink, I was worried he'd make himself vulnerable to a cold. Poor thing! Then they had to do a gala performance still. I hope they get to rest right away and avoid more of those interview requests.

Anna189

Rinkside
I found a free dance press conference filmed by a fan. I was wondering, has anyone seen a Eurosport version of the free dance, please? I can only find the short dance, not the free dance. And I would like hear more praises for Gabby and Guillaume. :biggrin:

https://youtu.be/kepnmzBjyWg

Anna189

Rinkside
Thanks for posting this press conference. Looks like Guillaume confirmed they will be in Milan! The audience expressed their pleasure upon hearing this confirmation!

Yes. They also said they don't intend to retire after this season. :yahoo: I know it was kind of obvious, but it is always great to hear that directly from the person itself. :)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

That's no good! But amazing that they both managed to skate so well with one partner sick. And at least colds tend to clear up quickly, so Guillaume will be better for the Olympics.

ETA: I suspect this is the same Tout le Sport report that you posted earlier, maya1985, but that link came up 'no longer available' so I thought a second might come in handy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6JNtIwJdVY

Camille1409

On the Ice
Hi everyone, about this early arrival in South Korea, MJ Lauriault et R Legac announced they will go there only in two weeks, so just in time for the opening ceremony. As they are in the same training team, I don't think Gaby and Guillaume will leave early. So it's a big mystery, let's see ^^

Have a good day

cocotaffy

Final Flight
I found a free dance press conference filmed by a fan. I was wondering, has anyone seen a Eurosport version of the free dance, please? I can only find the short dance, not the free dance. And I would like hear more praises for Gabby and Guillaume. :biggrin:

https://youtu.be/kepnmzBjyWg

Finally the British Eurosport coverage of FD is available. Starts with the Olympic Channel but then do switch to B ESP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts2o3LxgXwA

ETA: after watching I noticed when S/B leave the ice and the French starts warming up, the crowd starts chanting. Can anyone make up what they say ?