Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 339 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Guillaume just shared insta stories of him watching Spinning Out and fangirling over Johnny Weir ��

That's so cute! I missed seeing the stories, but I'm glad he enjoyed the series, it seems to be flavour of the month from what I can tell (I don't have Netflix, so no Dance Academy On Ice for me...).

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I can't believe that in just a couple of days' time I'm going to be watch Gabi and Guillaume skate in person...

Spot

On the Ice
A glorious RD! And yes, some changes and those modified costumes...I really like them!!

Bcash

Final Flight
Still prefer the older ending. Felt the punctuation marks were more effective. This version feels a little hectic, and that lift isn’t very eye-catching.

peepsquick

Final Flight
I think that a lift needs momentum in the music to be effective and the music doesn't offer one at this specific moment ...

Eleanor

On the Ice
They don't know what to do with that last part of the program and it shows in the choreography.
I don't like the change before the twizzles. It loses the dynamics and doesn't match the music anymore. The last part is also kind of meh.
The first section and second sections of the program are just awesome. I don't know if they can change something to make it better. It's just too good as it is.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I found it quite cohesive and effective in the rink, but maybe a little tight from not having been skated competitively before. Maybe if they'd been able to run these changes in at Nationals it might have helped, but I think they're responding to feedback from there and previous competitions with these changes and so they didn't get the chance.

Bcash

Final Flight
Can anyone explain it to me what the hell just happened? :shocked::palmf::slink:

I’ve only seen P/C’s performance. Saw two minor bobbles. Don’t know if S/K skated lights out or what. But looks like some people were not happy about the result at GPF and have been doing a lot of campaigning.

I hope/believe they’ll use this result as extra motivation to fine tune their programs, including not changing too much things that worked before. And I hope they’ll come out stronger than ever at Worlds.