Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

musicfan80

Medalist
I understand that they want to compete in the GP, but I'm not sure if trying for TEB next month is a good idea. I'm surprised there wasn't anything in the article about them petitioning the French federation for a spot at Europeans. Is that a viable option?

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Interesting approach to healing the brain...it is essentially brain washing you to health.. leave it to the American army to develop that technique...lol...anyway, all very scary and I sincerely hope she recovers quickly and I hope they are not pushing things...

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
From Ruslena FanFest:

Gabriella Papadakis/Guillaume Cizeron
SD: "Charms" from film "W.E."
FD: "Rain in your black eyes" Ezio Bosso, "To build a home"
Source: Pirouette 8-15, but I've found this information on Russian forum

Finally the music choices! And interesting ones too :cheer:

MIM

Medalist
:cheer::cheer::dance::dance:
They never stop to amaze me. Love to see them skate to those music, especially the FD. :love:

and thank you for the update, cathlen!

Last edited:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Finally the music choices! And interesting ones too :cheer:
Yes, the music is beautiful, but similar in tone to what at least several other ice dance teams are using, including (and especially) Weaver/Poje. Also, when we found out about W/P's music choices, many people thought them great, but now almost no one loves their FD.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Yes, the music is beautiful, but similar in tone to what at least several other ice dance teams are using, including (and especially) Weaver/Poje. Also, when we found out about W/P's music choices, many people thought them great, but now almost no one loves their FD.

a huge success of Gabriella and Guillaume's FD last year caused "a massive panic" in ice dance - everybody seems to take risks, do FDs to classic pieces/contemporary songs etc., but not everyone can own this style or music, hence my respect to e.g. Anna Cappellini and Luca Lanotte for turning back to their style/music choices as last year's experiment with Danse Macabre was quite a disaster IMO. For me, problem with this year's Weaver/Poje FD is similar to Shibutanis (quite a coincidence since Peter Tschernyshev choreographed both FDs...) - too open and looking too simple, too cautious or basic from technical side.

Yes - I suppose that many of FS fans will be complaining for them taking a similar material as FD again or claiming that they stuck themselves within comfort zone consisting of romancey stuff, but I believe they know what they're doing. Remember for example Tessa and Scott's 2 first FDs as seniors - also classic music/romantic stuff and they made quite a signature about it for themselves while not making 2 same programs skating in the same style. For me there is a difference to have a certain skating aesthetic, style and using it differently each time/season and to have similar/same programs each year because you cannot do other style at all. And Gabriella and Guillaume proved already that they CAN do other stuff - I can imagine them doing a tango, a flamenco-inspired FD, a gypsy-themed dance, latin medley, rock song (for example FD to "To be alone" by Hozier) and so on.

Now my only wish is that they'll take their time for Gabriella's recovery, not rushing it and make at least one apperance this season or if not possible - to get ready for next, pre-olympic season (where this time has passed?!)

uhh

Medalist
There must be another piece for the SD, surely? Charms could work for a slow foxtrot, but it's in no way suitable for a waltz. Maybe they are also using Evgeni's Waltz? Although I'm not sure that that's really right for the RW either, it's 3/8, not 3/4 so it's kind of waltzy but suffers from the same problem that H/D's SD does.

I'm a little bit sad that they've lost some of the uniqueness that they had with Zazoui. Their programs with her didn't always work 100%, but they were doing things that other people weren't. Now they are part of a school where all the teams do something similar, plus there's the added issue of lots of teams copying that style because it's what the world champions did. This season was the season to say OK, we've won the title, now let's push the boundary artistically.

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
There must be another piece for the SD, surely? Charms could work for a slow foxtrot, but it's in no way suitable for a waltz. Maybe they are also using Evgeni's Waltz? Although I'm not sure that that's really right for the RW either, it's 3/8, not 3/4 so it's kind of waltzy but suffers from the same problem that H/D's SD does.

I agree. It is a very weird choice for a waltz. Maybe it's just a rumour? Was there any official confirmation? :scratch:

tvuckic16

Final Flight
I would also like to hear a confirmation.

Charms is beautiful music! but, I also fail to see how it is a waltz. I guess, if the information is real, we will see how they adapted it.

The FD music I also like a lot. It might be similar to other couples, but it suits them. I think PC would be able to pull this style off much better than a team like WP, so I am not concerned about this music choice for them.

glam

On the Ice
Gabriella retweeted yesterday the tweet about their programs, so I take that as a confirmation. I can't wait to see the programs and hope that she will recover completely from the concussion.

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Gabriella retweeted yesterday the tweet about their programs, so I take that as a confirmation. I can't wait to see the programs and hope that she will recover completely from the concussion.

Indeed. Concussions are always scary and hers in particular with all the residual symptoms. Glad she is on the mend.

chameleon

On the Ice
They were supposed to show their SD today at a non-ISU competition, but they didn't show up. Maybe they'll be there for the FD tomorrow, but above all I hope that she's recovering well and that they take as much time as they need.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I love the SD music so much :)
For the free dance, I am a bit disappointed they chose this cinematic orchestra song. It's ok I guess but I think a bit cheesy :(

tinlizzie

Final Flight
After listening to the SD and FD choices I am so excited for their debut of these programs. The music is beautiful and perfect for them IMO! This could be epic if they are good health, training and spirits.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
beautiful piece indeed but i agree.. this is not in 3/4… the beginning sounds like it is in 6/8.. which is a binary meter… waltz is ternary… doesn't work… even if you subdivide, the downbeat, upbeat clearly do 1 ++ 2 ++ not 1 2 3

Weird… maybe there is a version that will work or a section that is more suited for the waltz pattern… but yeah… strange

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
wow a bit ot but they have such an eclectic portfolio!
ok i am waiting for perfume commercials with half naked Guillaume now