Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
According to a press release from the FFSG, Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron have withdrawn from the Grand Prix Series.:sad21:

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
If they turn up!

Unfortunately, they won't.
They are going to skip the Grand Prix and they plan to come back for French Championships.
I hope that they'll recuperate well for the second half of the season.
I'm going to miss them, but - health first!

Mattieu

Medalist
They are going to skip the Grand Prix and they plan to come back for French Championships.

Jeez, I hate being right on this occassion :(
I heard from Skate America and from a couple of French skaters that they were not ready, that Gabriella had only been training a couple of hours per day.
Me and Mr Mattieu will definitely be going to the French Elites now, can't miss the first competition with the new programs.

Plumededragon

Medalist
Totally agree. Considering the news lately (how she continues to get better, but still not perfect with limited training), it is a wise choice. Hopefully, that will give them enough time to fully recover and be back stronger than ever for the second half of the season. :biggrin:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Truthfully, I am sorry both that they have withdrawn and we won't see them and that they have almost certainly withdrawn too late to be replaced. I honestly wish this would have come a week ago so that another team would have had a chance to get the spot.

I continue to wish her all the best in her recovery and am glad they and the federation do seem to be prioritizing her long term health over potential short term success.

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
Their pulling out of the Grand Prix Series should not be doom & gloom. They will be fine.
Her health is the most important thing. To come back to early would not help at all.
I still think they can come back & do well, even win the Euros & Worlds as they are quality skaters. And when you are that good it does not matter what happens early in the season.
I adore these two & think Ice Dance is so much better with them competing.
Other couples have not competed in the Grand Prix Series & still come back for the Worlds looking amazing, look at Virtue/Moir in 2011.

oat

On the Ice
I read in french forum someone read a newspaper where we learn that their bags were in making, but DG with the doctor, prefer withdrawn because of the travel during 3 weeks (TEB, NHK and maybe Barcelona). It's maybe too much for Gaby and poor Gaby cried. :(

alain06fr

On the Ice
I read in french forum someone read a newspaper where we learn that their bags were in making, but DG with the doctor, prefer withdrawn because of the travel during 3 weeks (TEB, NHK and maybe Barcelona). It's maybe too much for Gaby and poor Gaby cried. :(

Honestly, this story looks quite wierd and I have huge concerns about the health of Gabriella.

AliAle

On the Ice
Interview with Marie-France at TEB, discussing Gaby and Guillaume:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rMoRDEvdio

Super interesting details, such as pushing them in a different direction from last year, discussing Gaby's condition and why they decided to skip the GP series. I really liked the motivation behind choosing the FP, finding and building a home in their relationship away from France, it ties in nicely to what Gaby posted on her instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/9P2U4gy0dj/?taken-by=gabriellapks

A bit more than two weeks to go until we see them at the French Nationals... so excited!

musicfan80

Medalist
Interview with Marie-France at TEB, discussing Gaby and Guillaume:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rMoRDEvdio

Super interesting details, such as pushing them in a different direction from last year, discussing Gaby's condition and why they decided to skip the GP series. I really liked the motivation behind choosing the FP, finding and building a home in their relationship away from France, it ties in nicely to what Gaby posted on her instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/9P2U4gy0dj/?taken-by=gabriellapks

A bit more than two weeks to go until we see them at the French Nationals... so excited!

That was a very nice interview. I'm beginning to really like the Blade Boys. That concussion sounds horrifying but I am so glad that Gabby has coaches who were so supportive and patient with her recovery.