Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
It will be nice to see the dance from the judges view at the GP .I think it will be even better!
I admit I didn't think they looked like a team to pull off light and airy but it's absolutely gorgeous! They could make a great leap this season.

Mattieu

Medalist
I am so excited by their 2 magnifique programs!!!!!!!
This will be breakout season for them now I am sure!
GP and Euro medal contenders for sure and so young.
Allez, allez...

It will be nice to see the dance from the judges view at the GP .I think it will be even better!
I admit I didn't think they looked like a team to pull off light and airy but it's absolutely gorgeous! They could make a great leap this season.

I agree! I really didn't think they'd be able to pull off a light and airy program, but I think they were just lovely! :) I'm really glad that they can pull it off; and can show this versatility from last season. So impressive!

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Dance is gong to be exciting with all the new teams and juniors rising up like P/C and S/Bukin :popcorn: I'm sorted now with my two new favoutite teams!
I like them all really except Z/G my bathroom break :no:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Thank you so much for posting the links. It's always fun to see programs in the early stages and then watch how they evolve over the course of a season.

I think both programs are going to move them up this year, though I wonder how far. I was a huge fan of the Woodkid FD, but let's face it, the judges are the very definition of staid (and then they wonder why people are not tuning in to watch).

As far as the programs...

For the SD, I want to run out on the ice and recut her skirt--it is SO distracting, and not in a good way. He's got a good feel for the paso--better, I think than she does. Flamenco was a good choice for them. Early days though. She needs to extend more and hold her positions just a fraction longer--it would make everything look more polished.

The FD is beautiful, a very good choice of music for them. That'll show those stuffy judges! There are elements of modern dance incorporated into the dance (the entrance into that first lift--Martha Graham would applaud!). I wish they would push the modern dance vocabulary more--it would make Mozart come alive in a new way. The problem I always had with Voir's Carmen was that the modern dance vocabulary was never fully integrated into the point-gathering step sequences (it was very odd to see Carmen being all moderne one minute, then ballrooming the next!), so it made the program sag. Here, they really could ramp up more of the modern, because they are not playing specific character. It will integrate much more naturally. Again, line and extension and take the time to finish the moves. I think the ending should be rethought--it sort of just winds down rather than ends, which gives the impression of petering out. Mes petites bêtes sauvages are being tamed a bit, but I think it is a good step for them. I just hope it is a step and not a destination--they have such potential to bring something new and exciting (and pfft on those stuffy judges!).

VeredRoyz

Rinkside
BS'D

I also like Gabriella and Guillaume and I hope that they'll move up in the ranks this season! They're a sweet and unique couple with fresh ideas. Allez la France ! <¸

Kind regards,
Leye-Shprintse <3

alebi

Medalist
Shocking wonderful win today!! Well deserved. Their FP is the richest in many aspects and they seem to be more stable in tech now. Great day! Thank you babies :bow:

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Shocking wonderful win today!! Well deserved. Their FP is the richest in many aspects and they seem to be more stable in tech now. Great day! Thank you babies :bow:

Well done Gabriella and Guillame I knew you had star quality :clap:European Champions next !

GF2445

Record Breaker
Congratulations. Very well deserved result. They will be world champions- that's for sure.
Time for afrance's skating program to really rebuild strongly.

viennaskater

Medalist
Not only do I adore their FP, their costumes are superb, particularly Gabriella's beautiful dress!

I am so very-very excited for them!!!! What a wonderful start to their GP season! They looked fabulous; and I just love both of their dances this season (& I don't feel that way about very many teams this season). :clap: :love:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Don't know anything about technical side of ice dance but I found this couple very talented and entertaining. Good job :clap:

anyanka

Record Breaker
I'm late to the game here but wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!! to Gabriella and Guillaume on a job well done, it was a glorious free dance, they are the future of ice dancing!

Also: Guillaume is totally, totally hot. (Call me maybe)

MIM

Medalist
I am kind of late to catch up all the news and drama that happened in COC and the ice dance discipline was the last one I checked. However, Gabriella & Guillaume was just a breath of fresh air. I loved their skating, costumes, music, chemistry, hair, beard, makeup, etc...... They were so different, so artistic, telling a story, just magical.... not mathematical, calculated at all!!!!! Can't wait to see them at TEB. I am eager to see them more and more!:love::love::love:

koheikun90

On the Ice
Guillaume Cizeron

...has to be the most handsome, sexiest skater I've ever seen. Just saying. I can't stop watching him. Enjoy you weekend and the GPF.