Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
...has to be the most handsome, sexiest skater I've ever seen. Just saying. I can't stop watching him. Enjoy you weekend and the GPF.

Why are you singling out Guillaume?! What about Gabriella?! She's pretty hot!!! ;) :love:

For me, the sexiest skater I have ever seen HAS to be...

:love: Nathalie Pechelat!!! :love:

Us Frenchies are a good looking bunch ;)

Actually, I do agree with you on that. I have always tended to find French women attractive.

Mind you, that might be because, if you go back far enough, my family's origins lie in France...

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

shine

Record Breaker
I'm like, so in love with this pair. Early 90s flashbacks, where ice dance was at its best. Plus, they are so versatile. The FD and SD Are totally different programs and require very different way of moving, and they are able to interpret both authentically - such maturity and artistry for such young dancers. People gush about Cizeron a lot, but I'm also very taken with Papadakis - so gorgeous through and through.

Last edited:

TarAncalime

On the Ice
I found some background to the FD by Papadakis/Cizeron! There are some reasons why this FD is so fascinating to people around the world and many say it is like something very private and intimate you watch as an intruder.

http://www.culturekiosque.com/dance/reviews/leparc.html

Seduction in a French Garden :
Angelin Preljocaj's Le Parc at the Paris Opéra Ballet

By Patricia Boccadoro

PARIS, 13 March 2002 - When Le Parc, a highly sensual, intelligently thought out ballet inspired by the Countess de La Fayette's La Princesse de Clèves (1678), and Choderlos de Laclos' Les Liasons dangereuses (1782), was created at the Palais Garnier in 1994, it was one of the most interesting programmes that season despite its unequal choreography.

http://www.insideskating.net/2014/0...n-to-really-give-something-true-to-the-public

Inside Skating net interviewed the 2 dancers some time ago as well. ;-)

Alba

Record Breaker
Romain Haguenauer: "Gabriella and Guillaume want to be different" By Hiro Yoshida

http://blog.europeonice.com/

About their FD

"I discovered the ballet "Le Parc" maybe two or three years ago. My sister told me, 'Watch this, it's fantastic.' So I did and I fell in love completely with it. For me Mozart is nice, but it's not my style. I don't like really classical music, but when I watched the ballet I loved it. However, I never thought to use it for Gabriella and Guillaume. Last year at the World Championships in Tokyo, Gabriella had a problem with her eyes. She was in hospital and she couldn't practice for three days. She had a bad infection. We spent three days at the hospital together and we talked about this season. I told her there is a fantastic piece of dance I love. I didn't tell her it was Mozart because I knew they would say no! So I said, 'Go watch on YouTube and tell me what you think.' Luckily they loved it too."

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Congratulations P/C!

I had no chance of seeing the FD yet, but I'm sure that would be an Euro title winning performance just like yesterday. :)

tinlizzie

Final Flight
Just watched the EuroSport video and the announcer must have said "beautiful!" A dozen times :biggrin:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
In case this fluff was not posted elsewhere on GS:

WAIT...WHAT!!! with Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron (FRA)
ISU Skating
Published on Jan 30, 2015
WAIT...What!!! is a playful series where we ask skaters funny questions to try and get their best reactions and a glimpse of their personality. Enjoy!
0:10 - Who is you favorite actor to play YOU in a movie?
0:15 - If you could be an animal, what animal would you be?
0:28 - How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
0:38 - √225 (Square root of 225)?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdZgpVd1Kbw (0:49)​

AliAle

On the Ice
First of all big congratulations to the lovely Gabi and Guillaume, I was so happy for them last week I could burst :cheer:!

Second, it figures it took another pair of French dancers to get me really excited in figure skating in more than 10 years (former Anissina/Peizerat fan here), so here I am with the first post. I hope we have many more happy celebrations on this thread from now on.

andromache

Record Breaker
This thread hasn't seen some action in awhile, shockingly! I love this team. They skated nervous last night, but I absolutely love their chemistry and presentation on the ice. I can't wait to see their Free Dance again tomorrow night! Go P/C!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Yeah. I understand many people say they should be first but they didnt skate with the same degree of abandon, firing passion and conviction (in how they look and their intellectual engagement to the programme) that lets say the Americans, Italians or even the Canadians skated did. And when you are not fully into your program, it tends to affect the quality of the elements.

Even in TSL's interview with Nathalie Pechalat, she says that Papadakis and Cizeron's SD is not the strongest of the Short dances this season because there is that intangible quality which is required in a spanish dance that was not there. I suppose you need the maturity to understand the flavour of the dance- to meet the brief/premise of the short dance theme.

Their Free dance, however, is a completely different story. Their free dance is masterful and they are fully and entirely engaged in that program. The criticism i have with Papadakis and Cizeron in the SD is what i have with Kaitlyn and Andrew in the free dance- a lack of abandon makes a program lose it's aesthetic appeal.

Last edited: