Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 334 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Spot

On the Ice
Blocked ...:sad46:

I'm happy they had a good result ... thank you for giving some feed-back!

Their performance itself is blocked for you? If so, we can find a solution! I will check back this evening and figure something out if you haven't managed to watch it.

peepsquick

Final Flight
Thank you very much @Spot!
I get the feeling that I am the only one whining about not being able to catch performances this season. How do I manage to miss much of it?:confused2:

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
Blocked ...:sad46:

I'm happy they had a good result ... thank you for giving some feed-back!
I really can't follow. The "Skating ISU" YT channel is streaming everything live and keeping all the whole event video's online. Are you seriously not allowed to view that or am I totally misunderstanding you?

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
I really like that paragraph about being worried that the rhythm dance felt "flat" in practice and that they were relieved that they could bring in the energy of the audience. Tbh I think they were a little bit burned by the swing SD since they could never really get the crowd on their side with that program after the first performance at IdF and it kinda ruined the effect (imo of course! Ik we have Swing SD lovers ITT ;)) I think they're so used to skating more internally, like in their FDs, and to connect with the audience through the sharing of something tender and intimate rather than ostentatious, that it must have been a challenge to train. Just the uncertainty of designing a program to feed off the energy of the crowd... expect there isn't a crowd in practice. You can tell they're really starting to stretch their RD muscles! Now fill up that midline step :ddevil:

Overall a much better interview than the NBCsports one, which felt a little generic.
It's funny that they don't want to be ridiculous. I fully agree with the Flutzels that it's by far not ridiculous enough yet. Guillaume ABSOLUTELY needs tights, shorts and leg-warmers.

How on earth can such a program not be ridiculous? It's meant to be ridiculous, and that's exactly why everyone loves it.
Are they seriously living in the illusion that someone takes this seriously and is somehow into it because of its deeper content or so?? The more idiotic they make it, the better it will be!

In any case, there's no going safe with this theme. It's all or nothing, and GG, for me, still need to give it their all. Something is missing for me, it's hard to say what. Their soul I guess. They both have such a great sense of humour, and it's as if they feel they somehow have to make sure they don't make a fool of themselves or the program. Which is the one thing they simply have to do. Make it as ridiculously idiotic as they possibly can. Skate it as the utter parody, blow everything out of proportion. Combined with their technical abilities, it's bound to be unforgettable.

lupina015

Rinkside
I don't know -but it really bothered me that her legwarmers didn't cover the entire back of her skates this time. It looked "toned down" and less ridiculus. I hope she didn't do that on purpose. :(
They have the only fun and interesting RD this season (all others are "half serious"), and I really wish they'd go all out with it. Not neccesarily with costumes (Guillaume wearing leg warmers, etc.), but with movements. Normally I hate overacted programms - but I think this one would really benefit from it.

Spot

On the Ice
Thank you very much @Spot!
I get the feeling that I am the only one whining about not being able to catch performances this season. How do I manage to miss much of it?:confused2:

Awww, I'm sorry you can't seem to catch them :(.
Would you like me to upload it and give you a wetransfer link or so?

Endriu Ash

Spectator
I am still disappointed. The camera angles was very bad. Till now we do not have a good video of RD. For me still the best is choreography and video from Masters. I would like to see that choreography once again.

floatingworld

On the Ice
I really can't follow. The "Skating ISU" YT channel is streaming everything live and keeping all the whole event video's online. Are you seriously not allowed to view that or am I totally misunderstanding you?
Though the ISU YouTube channel has the videos, they are blocked from viewing here in the US. My only access is through NBC Sports. If you wait for a few hours, the coverages coming from the Spanish and Russian channels will appear. Here they are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKl6zT9qysE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nubS6wIS1BU&t=15s

peepsquick

Final Flight
Great! Thank you @ floatingworld!:)

The energy is much more visible on the Spanish channel. The takes are from close up. I enjoyed it much more ... Thank you for sharing!

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
Though the ISU YouTube channel has the videos, they are blocked from viewing here in the US. My only access is through NBC Sports. If you wait for a few hours, the coverages coming from the Spanish and Russian channels will appear. Here they are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKl6zT9qysE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nubS6wIS1BU&t=15s
Wow. Don't really know what to say. I'm shocked. The US blocked from something... In a larger, impersonal sense there's this weird feeling of some pay-back kind of justice, but I'm deeply sorry for you. I thought we all were given a huge solution here... I hope there's some other live stream we can find that you can access.

Maybeyesmaybeno

Rinkside
It's funny that they don't want to be ridiculous. I fully agree with the Flutzels that it's by far not ridiculous enough yet. Guillaume ABSOLUTELY needs tights, shorts and leg-warmers.

How on earth can such a program not be ridiculous? It's meant to be ridiculous, and that's exactly why everyone loves it..

I totally disagree with the Flutzels’ opinion. This program is made to be fun, to bring positive energy, dynamism but I don’t remember the story as ridiculous. Fashion then might look ridiculous now, as today fashion might look ridiculous in 30 years. But the story was just about young adults full of dreams giving all their heart and vital energy to find their place in the world as artists. There is absolutely no reason to make fool of the protagonists or the musical itself.

Of course you need to paint the period of the show with costumes which remember this time and this show. But you don’t need to be literal.

Why should this musical be more ridiculous than Grease, Saturday night fever, Singing in the rain or any other one ( except west side story maybe). It is not a question of serious content or profound feelings. Fame was as full of hope, happiness and broken dreams and hearts as any other musical. I don’t see why it should be treated as a ridiculous piece of musical. You can have fun, respect the characters of the musical, enjoy the music of that time and try to communicate enthusiasm and energy, like they do, without overplaying the ridiculous look of the costumes.imo.

We love the program because it brings us good memories of easier times or because we were much youngers than, or because we liked pink fluo or for all these reasons together. The main challenge of this program is to bring a smile on our faces and I guess, they do it.

This said, I still expect more from the slow section and the final. But the pattern step sequence is really great.

floatingworld

On the Ice
Great! Thank you @ floatingworld!:)

The energy is much more visible on the Spanish channel. The takes are from close up. I enjoyed it much more ... Thank you for sharing!

Most welcome, peepsquick! Yes, I agree that the energy was more prominent on the Spanish broadcast! I was worried that their performance looked less alive than at IDF.

floatingworld

On the Ice
Wow. Don't really know what to say. I'm shocked. The US blocked from something... In a larger, impersonal sense there's this weird feeling of some pay-back kind of justice, but I'm deeply sorry for you. I thought we all were given a huge solution here... I hope there's some other live stream we can find that you can access.

I can watch the livestream through NBC Sports but I had to pay for a year-long access to these ISU events. I can’t for the FD which starts in an hour from now!

peepsquick

Final Flight
OMG ... I am actually able to follow the live stream on my phone! :yahoo:
Thank you @ floatingworld for mentioning that the FD was about to start! :hap57:

peepsquick

Final Flight
I am a fan of their new outfit in the Free Dance ... those metallic grey inserts are brilliant imo ... just the flash of light needed to break the black. :yes2:

Spot

On the Ice
They create an atmosphere like no others...self-contained yet drawing us in. And awww at Guillaume trying a little Japanese :love:!