Nice Tessa and Scott Article | Golden Skate

Nice Tessa and Scott Article

GF2445

Record Breaker
Thanks for the article.
Their competitive career sounds to have rounded up and its sad to hear but they seem very excited for the future so im happy for them.
The article also made clear that they were two people with two very different spearate lives outside skating and both tessa and scott have different life directions and seek completely different things in life which is also interesting. I hope their friendship will continue to grow even if the thing that kept them together for 17 years is now not there or at least so rigidly imposed on them.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That was a great article. And yes, it sounds like they're ready to move on -- even if they haven't made an official announcement.

I've enjoyed Tessa's tweets already and looking forward to seeing bits of her future through that lens.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
:cry: Beautiful article, but I'm sad they won't return. Still:

“We couldn’t have skated those programs any better. They felt exactly like I had dreamed of. … If that was our last competition experience, it was a great one.”
:yes: Exactly how I feel. They did their job on the ice, and shouldn't have anything to regret, no matter the colour of the medals.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Moir doesn't go to college? For some reason I thought he was a student like Charlie, Meryl and Tessa

ice coverage

Record Breaker
That was a great article. And yes, it sounds like they're ready to move on -- even if they haven't made an official announcement.

I've enjoyed Tessa's tweets already and looking forward to seeing bits of her future through that lens.

Thanks to the OP for the thread.
The article brought tears to my eyes. So happy :) for Tessa and Scott that they feel great about Sochi (as they should) ... and so excited :yay: for them as they explore not only their individual futures but also the future of their partnership as it enters a new phase.

Agree with Mrs. P regarding Tessa's terrific tweets. :agree: I think Tessa is looking like the next Jason Brown ;) -- meaning a relative latecomer to Twitter who jumped right in and immediately started offering an abundance of great stuff.

Moir doesn't go to college? For some reason I thought he was a student like Charlie, Meryl and Tessa

In the past, Scott has said that he wanted to resume his education after they ended their competitive career. Best to him if/when he returns to the classroom. :cool:

Coltrocks12

On the Ice
I don't know if they are saying anything other than that they are taking a break. We do know that Scott will likely go into coaching when he is done but when that is we don't know. I wouldn't be surprised either way.