Plushenko asked to skate for another country | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Plushenko asked to skate for another country

Meoima

Match Penalty
From what I gather, your main issue with Plushenko is his fame (since you don't have a problem with his skating, and I assume he hasn't done anything to you personally). In that case, why are we having this conversation here? Isn't that just feeding his fame, when so many people are (inexplicably) very interested in every statement he makes?
:agree:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Uh, Russia doesn't value him?! They treat him like a god, they gave him 95 PCS at Nationals for a horrendous FS, and he was gifted the Olympics spot over the Russian National champion without even attempting to earn it at Euros.

The US is sorely desperate for good male skaters if they actually approached him to skate for them. Wonder how much they'll pay him to make the switch only to have him never actually compete. This has to be a prank or something taken wayyyyy out of context. No offense to the US, but even though Plushenko is damaged goods, he's way too revered in Russia to make some weird switch like that. I mean what's he going to do... make the US team and then pull out at the next Olympics?

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
You were the one who brought up "Kovtun-bashing" ("good average" is not bashing, but that's another debate). I pointed out that Plushy complimented Kovtun in this exact interview.
I was talking about all rumours he and his wife were spreading after his Olympic fiasco. Like he wanted to withdraw but no one knew where Kovtun was, his phone was turned of and all that stuff.

And it's not the same. I did not actually said that Kovtun was better or worse than Plush, I just said that there was trash-talking about him. And I did not say a word about Yagudin.

From what I gather, your main issue with Plushenko is his fame (since you don't have a problem with his skating, and I assume he hasn't done anything to you personally). In that case, why are we having this conversation here? Isn't that just feeding his fame, when so many people are (inexplicably) very interested in every statement he makes?
No. He was famous before. Now he's just a celebrity in worst meaning of that word. Paris Hilton, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Evgeny Plushenko etc. It's just my opinion anyway :) Don't like it? Ok, move on.
And don't bother to answer. It was my last post in this thread. I have some booking for GPF to do.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I was talking about all rumours he and his wife were spreading after his Olympic fiasco. Like he wanted to withdraw but no one knew where Kovtun was, his phone was turned of and all that stuff.

You don't want to write but read, please! Rumours??? :biggrin: I wonder that you don't know these infromations... . They said what they knew from Mutko, Piseev, and Gorshkov....easy to condemn someone if not known all factors. Can you show me other "rumours"?:biggrin: You know I really believe Plushy was the sacrificial lamb instead of the Russian hockey team fiasco.

http://www.championat.com/olympic14/news-1761029-piseev-kovtun-pribolel-pered-olimpiadoj.html

http://www.vz.ru/news/2014/2/13/672480.html

http://www.sovsport.ru/sochi/texts/text-item/685221

and I recommended you whitebamboo's analysis..i do again http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=354&start=20

interesting details:
Evgeni Plushenko led the ranking of the most talked about athletes on the basis of the Games in Sochi

Skater Evgeni Plushenko led the ranking athletes won the gold medals at the Olympic Games in Sochi, which caused the greatest impact in the Russian media after the Olympics, according to the National Monitoring Service.
Name Plushenko, who won gold in the team tournament, but withdrew from the individual competitions the Olympics, and then announced his retirement, 17345 mentioned in media reports. Second place in the ranking is another skater - team tournament winner Julia Lipnitskaya (10577). Third went to Maxim Trankov (8828)

and you know, that is very important that all team members were grateful to him and thanked him for having led the team. And he was supported by everyone after the withdrawal. They saw his training, talked with him they knew he did everything for the succes....Before the individual competition he landed in 4-3-3 combo in training..that wasn't joke... but a bolt broke, what 30 year guarantee given by the doctor. What a strange irony of life .. if he could compete, could have been richer with a bronze medal, the Russians moved him to heaven ....I believe Plushy the God has plan with him..

and about Yagudin: his fans can be happy if we don't talk about him here.

Icey

Record Breaker
The title of the thread makes it sound like Plush, himself, asked if he could skate for another country.

Meoima

Match Penalty
The title of the thread makes it sound like Plush, himself, asked if he could skate for another country.
The poster who created this thread is, you know, famous for not favoring Plushy.