So Youn Park -- The next queen of figure skating? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

So Youn Park -- The next queen of figure skating?

MiRé

Match Penalty
Nah, I love watching dramatic movie, but sometimes the director just repeat themselves too much. I wish they will be more creative.

Well, you can always watch something different to fulfill your needs :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
This!!!!
But.....we should turn the discussion back to So Youn. Haters gonna hate...a
Yes, back to this So Youn. I have high hope for her, along with Li Zijunn of China (I love this girl, she is so cute and delicate). After Yuna and Mao retire/stay out, I hope these 2 girls can be the new faces of Asian ladies. I wish Kanako well, too. But somehow she doesn't strike me as the type who loves competing, and her technical problems worry me.

With a legion of strong Russia ladies ready for the next quad, I hope Asian ladies will show their strength, too. In the end, I am still Asian, so I hope we will have at least one lady on the podium in the next 4 years. :)

Ophelia

Record Breaker
^+1! I'm Asian too and I would like to see more native Asian skaters in the elite scene. I want some aesthetic styles other than the heavy, dramatic Russian school of skating, AND some Asian music.

Barb

Record Breaker
^+1! I'm Asian too and I would like to see more native Asian skaters in the elite scene. I want some aesthetic styles other than the heavy, dramatic Russian school of skating, AND some Asian music.

Satoko is great too, and she is only 15 yo, so I hope she will get better.

gourry

Final Flight
The way I see it, right now Soyoun is more like one of the maidens. ^^;;;; We'll have to wait and see if she can make it to become a princess- then eventually a queen- or remain as a maiden.
This season is very important for her and I wish her a very great season. :)

cooper

Medalist
Although I never comment on Youtube videos, it's nice how you just generalize "you people." If you are here just for popcorn, then don't comment on people giving their opinions. Btw it looks like target is having sale on their popcorn, why dont you go try some :popcorn:

apparently we.. the "you guys" reference is that we're spending too much time at youtube or any social media sites hating on skaters.. hah! imagine that.. i guess someone can tell who posted over there.. that's a lot of gift.. :laugh:

as for park so youn.. she needs to built her reputation this season.. improve her skating skill.. and i wish she will continue to grow..together w/ hae jin kim and the junior skaters of korea... hoping... because when you're under the KSU expect the worst..

thoakun

Final Flight
I didn't know that I would miss so much drama in this thread :popcorn:. I think the reason So-youn is tipped to become the next queen is because she has many qualities as mentioned which would make her an excellent competitor under the COP system. She also seems to be mentally strong and she's refined and has great musicality for a skater at her age. Her most obvious weaknesses are stamina, skating skills and spins but I think those elements are easier to improve than flutz or underrotations. Besides, she is most likely done growing so she won't have to deal with body changes like other younger skaters.There are some other Asian skaters who I hope to be able to compete on an equal footing with Russian skaters but at the moment, they tend to lack some qualities which would put them at a disadvantage i.e: Satoko has small jumps, Kanako has flutz and is prone to UR, Zijun is still a question in terms of commitment and performance ability. Apparently, Carol and Akiko have proven that you can should never write off anyone and that a person with a strong will is capable of becoming a much better version of herself and achieving the impossible.

jimeonji

Final Flight
^^and Soyoun placed higher than Kana and Zijun both at Worlds so I'd say Soyoun is the best prediction for "next queen" or at least a medal contender.
I mean, the Korean media does call Haejin and Soyoun "Yuna Kids." It'll be difficult for both of them - hopefully we will see respective growing into their own styles and great seasons.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
^^and Soyoun placed higher than Kana and Zijun both at Worlds so I'd say Soyoun is the best prediction for "next queen" or at least a medal contender.

They might've been burnt out by the end of the Olympic season--So Youn only competed in three events the entire season. And there's the fact that both Zijun and Kanako have personal best scores that are a couple of points higher than hers. So no, I don't think she's the "best prediction" for the "next queen," but she certainly is a contender.

elee63

Final Flight
I mean, the Korean media does call Haejin and Soyoun "Yuna Kids." It'll be difficult for both of them - hopefully we will see respective growing into their own styles and great seasons.

But for the LOVE OF GOD, don't quote the Korean media on things like that. They do have a tendency to overhype/exaggerate/be unreasonably convinced that everyone Korean must be the "next one" meanwhile hurting the poor kids chances to be their own individual.

Heh.

jimeonji

Final Flight
But for the LOVE OF GOD, don't quote the Korean media on things like that. They do have a tendency to overhype/exaggerate/be unreasonably convinced that everyone Korean must be the "next one" meanwhile hurting the poor kids chances to be their own individual.

Heh.
I'm only describing the expectations that Soyoun and Haejin carry. I scoffed when I read the articles, to be honest lol.

elee63

Final Flight
I'm only describing the expectations that Soyoun and Haejin carry. I scoffed when I read the articles, to be honest lol.

True. We might scoff, but to Yuna-fanatics and other skating fans in korea, and not to mention newscasters (who just happen to love parallels), it's in all seriousness. Which just isn't fair.

ahy

Final Flight
So youn will compete in the Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy on 6/8-10/8. We'll get to see her program and process

cooper

Medalist
i wonder if park so youn and other skaters in korea will compete with so many unnecessary domestic competitions?? you know KSU with their crappy system.. and heck not to mention their ignorance about figure skating.. :rolleye:

ahy

Final Flight
i wonder if park so youn and other skaters in korea will compete with so many unnecessary domestic competitions?? you know KSU with their crappy system.. and heck not to mention their ignorance about figure skating.. :rolleye:
Ikr [emoji34]

Meoima

Match Penalty
But they are going to host the next Olympic, aren't they? I think they will change.

randomfan

Record Breaker
So Youn should've gotten like 126 in Worlds this year.

Anyway, I think that if she puts more speed and quality into her performances then she'll be on the podium in major competitions soon.

breynows

On the Ice
So youn is sure the best Korean skater at the moments, great flexibility, clean edges, and good flows out of the jumps. Also this is she is planing a 7 triples program with a technical
mark bigger than almost every other skater out there (like Gracie Gold for example). But she needs to improve her spins and steps, without that she won't go very far, and about the components part, it is good but she should skate to soft music not active music (like her sp this year), anyway i'm rooting for her.