2014 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Apology accepted.

My understanding is that without Hola, karne (an Aussie) would be geo-blocked from seeing Icenetwork.

She is both using Hola AND paying for an Icenetwork pass.

Oh. shoot.

Okay the thing is that I'm 19 and still live at home and I'm dependent on my parents still. So they have to pay for stuff. And I don't want them to pay too much for me (Like they paid for tickets for me for concerts, Stars on Ice show, a YouTube show, etc) and I don't have a credit card...so I'm not going to get a subscription. Trying to save stuff for my parents.

Sigh...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oh. shoot.

Okay the thing is that I'm 19 and still live at home and I'm dependent on my parents still. So they have to pay for stuff. And I don't want them to pay too much for me (Like they paid for tickets for me for concerts, Stars on Ice show, a YouTube show, etc) and I don't have a credit card...so I'm not going to get a subscription. Trying to save stuff for my parents.

Sigh...

Well you can always ask for it as a birthday or Christmas gift. ;)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well you can always ask for it as a birthday or Christmas gift. ;)

Hanukkah for me. I promised them the only things I want for Hanukkah is a hanson.net membership renewal for 2 years and an itunes gift card.....

Though hmmm...maybe I can buy the itunes card at school (I'm am off-campus college student).

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
After working flawlessly the ENTIRE GROUP, my internet starts jerking around DURING MAX! :cry:

I LOVED IT. IT WAS BRILLIANT. Needs more smile. Hair verdict: no. Will post more when I get home tonight.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
My feed froze so I have no idea if he got the 4S. Overall, I thought it lacked the pep I would expect to a program to Footloose. But the jumps (the 3A and 3Z anyway) seem to be there.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
ack!! fall on the footwork for Max! loved the good-natured smile on his face about it though. Seemed like he just got so caught up in the dance-y part of it.

Love the hair. Love that he's also 'grown out' his eyebrows. Great program for him. You can tell he's having fun with it! I kinda wish he had a more 'Footloose' themed costume. But maybe this isn't the final costume.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
ack!! fall on the footwork for Max! loved the good-natured smile on his face about it though. Seemed like he just got so caught up in the dance-y part of it.

Love the hair. Love that he's also 'grown out' his eyebrows. Great program for him. You can tell he's having fun with it! I kinda wish he had a more 'Footloose' themed costume. But maybe this isn't the final costume.

I don't think it's the final costume either.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hanukkah for me. I promised them the only things I want for Hanukkah is a hanson.net membership renewal for 2 years and an itunes gift card.....

Um, membership of a website about a rubbish boyband who weren't even relevant in the 90s when they were at their peak? Over an Icenetwork membership? Seriously?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Oh. shoot.

Sigh...

Admirable that for the sake of your parents, you are judicious with expenditures.

Might you be able to get a part-time job to earn pocket money for skating and other interests?

Fans of your age are good for the future of the sport.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
After working flawlessly the ENTIRE GROUP, my internet starts jerking around DURING MAX! :cry:

I LOVED IT. IT WAS BRILLIANT. Needs more smile. Hair verdict: no. Will post more when I get home tonight.

Needs a lot more smile, I think. He didn't look like he was having fun until he fell and was able to laugh at himself.

Definitely didn't look like fun in the kiss and cry, though. He seemed angry with himself.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Needs a lot more smile, I think. He didn't look like he was having fun until he fell and was able to laugh at himself.

Definitely didn't look like fun in the kiss and cry, though. He seemed angry with himself.

Yeah, that is sort of how I felt. I've definitely seem him perform more previously and be more happy.

Oh well, he shouldn't be so hard on himself...

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
That program shows real promise for Max and should be a real crowd pleaser by Nationals. He really seemed to be beating himself up in the K&C though. And must agree that his hair is kind of a "what the ??"

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Oh! And we now know--I forgot Frank was Dice-K's coach!

Duhh ... I forgot too. :bang: [ETA, I hope you knew that the "Duh" was directed at myself, Mrs. P. Not you.]
Carly Gold had tweeted support for training-mate Murakami earlier. :)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Um, membership of a website about a rubbish boyband who weren't even relevant in the 90s when they were at their peak? Over an Icenetwork membership? Seriously?

Excuse me here. Hanson is NOT a boyband. They're a BAND. They're still making music. Their newer music is SO much better than their old music. They're independent artists now. And they still have loyal fans. I've been a fan of Hanson for almost 3 years and I don't regret a single day of it.

They are NOT rubbish. Sorry. It's just that I get super offended when that is said in my face.

Sorry that I'm snappy about that. But I get defensive over them.

And you don't understand why I get the membership for Hanson.net.

Okay. Sorry about that.