Marin Honda | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda

breadstal

Record Breaker
Is there a reason why Marin is not doing 3Lz-3T? Her Lz looks good for me, does she gets edge calls? On Nationals it was clean.

mcq

Record Breaker
Is there a reason why Marin is not doing 3Lz-3T? Her Lz looks good for me, does she gets edge calls? On Nationals it was clean.

Isn't that because she has/had hallux valgus? It used to give her trouble on the 3F too. She did 3Lo3t last season, but this season she can't because 3Lo is the required solo jump in junior. She used to do 3Lz3T when she was younger, but I assume it is not as consistent as 3Lo3T or 3S3T for her. She almost never get edge call either in her flip or lutz so it is not an edge issue, I think. She doesn't need to do 3Lz3T if she can get her 3F3T consistent. And just do a solo 3Lz once she moves to senior.

breadstal

Record Breaker
Isn't that because she has/had hallux valgus? It used to give her trouble on the 3F too. She did 3Lo3t last season, but this season she can't because 3Lo is the required solo jump in junior. She used to do 3Lz3T when she was younger, but I assume it is not as consistent as 3Lo3T or 3S3T for her. She almost never get edge call either in her flip or lutz so it is not an edge issue, I think. She doesn't need to do 3Lz3T if she can get her 3F3T consistent. And just do a solo 3Lz once she moves to senior.

Yes, her toes jumps are like they are because of this, I think she handles them well though. But I'm curious why flip, not lutz? I guess flip is more comfortable. It's ok though, I would like her to do Lz for points but I think she should think about two 3-3 for next season because her salchow is thing of beauty and she killed it on nationals.

mcq

Record Breaker
Yes, her toes jumps are like they are because of this, I think she handles them well though. But I'm curious why flip, not lutz? I guess flip is more comfortable. It's ok though, I would like her to do Lz for points but I think she should think about two 3-3 for next season because her salchow is thing of beauty and she killed it on nationals.

I would assume that is because her 3Lz3T is not as consistent as her 3F3T. Or her 3Lz alone is not consistent as 3F. If the CoP stays as it is, as in there is no incentive point-wise in doing harder combos, I'd prefer her to do 3S3T and 2A3T in the second half (which she showed she is capable of doing) than two 3-3s. It gives her the benefit point-wise but likely would make her more consistent. She botched her 3f3t quite a few times this season.
She can do 3F3T and 3Lz in Sp once she goes senior :)

blackey

On the Ice
I think she said during the off season she is going to do 3lz3t? I remember read that somewhere, and she was doing it in the ice show. She used to do 3lz combination when she was novice (not sure, it was long time ago, she used to be one of those genius jumpers but now no one remember that lmao) She lower her difficulty last year because she started growing and her jumps got inconsistent. I'm pretty sure she's going to do something harder next season though :agree:

Yuii Murasaki

On the Ice
I think she said during the off season she is going to do 3lz3t? I remember read that somewhere, and she was doing it in the ice show. She used to do 3lz combination when she was novice (not sure, it was long time ago, she used to be one of those genius jumpers but now no one remember that lmao) She lower her difficulty last year because she started growing and her jumps got inconsistent. I'm pretty sure she's going to do something harder next season though :agree:

I agree with you. Marin used to do 3Lz3T when she was novice. I personally believe the reason she stops doing it because she has grown a lot past 2 seasons; it may affect her consistency. Let's wait and see what she will bring in next season though. :luv17:

Yuii Murasaki

On the Ice
Last edited:

breadstal

Record Breaker
Marin just won the Junior High-school Competition! Congratulations sweetie! :yahoo:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQNj-fpAzAo/?taken-by=marin_honda

According to the protocol, she has changed her FS layout to 3Lz 3F // 2A3T 3S3T 3Lo 3F2T2Lo 2A.
It was not clean this time though I hope she nails it at Junior Worlds!
http://www.jsfresults.com/National/2016-2017/fs_j/juniorhighschool/data1105.pdf

Keep fighting! I'm rooting for you, Marin! :cheer:

I'm not sure if she wasn't supposed to do 3F-3T but couldn't execute it. I watched clip of this skate and her flip looked shaky. But I like 3S-3T, it is the most comfortable for her. I like all her new combinations tbh. She always pops either 2A or 3F, I hope she will go clean in Worlds. I really love her skating, she's magical, I hope she will be as confident as she was at last year's Worlds! :hap10: She also deserves higher PCS, sigh. I know she's junior but she's one of top skaters in world right now when it comes to PCS.

Yuii Murasaki

On the Ice
I'm not sure if she wasn't supposed to do 3F-3T but couldn't execute it. I watched clip of this skate and her flip looked shaky. But I like 3S-3T, it is the most comfortable for her. I like all her new combinations tbh. She always pops either 2A or 3F, I hope she will go clean in Worlds. I really love her skating, she's magical, I hope she will be as confident as she was at last year's Worlds! :hap10: She also deserves higher PCS, sigh. I know she's junior but she's one of top skaters in world right now when it comes to PCS.

Oh, really? I have watched the SP clip only. So maybe she improvised like she did at Nationals again. :drama:
However, I hope she will have 2 clean skates at JWC and defend her title! :dance2:
And let's pray that the judges will be fair enough to give her a proper PCS!