Page 30 of 60 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Marin Honda

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by breadstal View Post
    I don't really see her getting the 3A done, her axel is not really reliable jump but we will see. I would be over the moon if she would have consistent 3A
    If she does land a 3A this year, and is consistent, we will have a very interesting and intense OG. But I can only dream...

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfarmer View Post
    Agreed. With all my heart, I agree. With Marin, no matter how she is heads and shoulders above most senior ladies in terms of artistry, she needs to eke out every single point technically.

3S+3Lo. That's an interesting combination. Is there any clip out there showing she lands it? There's a clip here of her landing 3Lz+3Lo.
    No, I haven't seen her doing it but I bet she tried it because salchow is so comfortable and reliable jump for her, she for sure once a while is working on combos with it. I remember her doing 3Lz-3Lo twice and 3F-3Lo once, it's on her Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/BJwwcM-A...by=marin_honda

Yeah, we can just dream and hope, it's all up to her. I know she's capable of doing what we're talking and be in the mix for medals, even Gold ones. There's no one I'm so excited more in figure skating than her right now

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by breadstal View Post
    No, I haven't seen her doing it but I bet she tried it because salchow is so comfortable and reliable jump for her, she for sure once a while is working on combos with it. I remember her doing 3Lz-3Lo twice and 3F-3Lo once, it's on her Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/BJwwcM-A...by=marin_honda

Yeah, we can just dream and hope, it's all up to her. I know she's capable of doing what we're talking and be in the mix for medals, even Gold ones. There's no one I'm so excited more in figure skating than her right now
    But first, she needs to be sent to the OG. The Japanese ladies field is very deep this year. Satoko, Mai, Wakaba...

0 Not allowed!
    Marin is live on Instagram from Kobe, atm...

Porcelain doll Marin! She's so cute!

On the Ice

4 Not allowed!
    Guys the latest installment to the Honda sibling's documentary series is up: http://dai.ly/x5p2wa7

Talks about:
    Marin's 2016-17 year and also about her training trip in America. Take note: Yuna is practicing 3A and Rika is practice quads while Marin states she doesn't know what training to do/ not a lot of motivation since there is no competitions right now.
    Miyu: How she is juggling with both being a figure skater and actress
    Sara: Her first year as a novice and her amazing progress with triples. She is close to have 5/6 triples.
    Taichi: Finally back from injury. Has landed 2 3A in one program!

0 Not allowed!
    ^^^I really enjoyed watching the entire thing, even though I had no clue what they were saying. It was fun to see them at the U.S. Olympic Training Center.

On the Ice

6 Not allowed!
    She will do 2017 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic (13-17 Sep) and Japan Open 2017 (7 Oct).
    https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=2...5-spnannex-spo
    This mean that she will exempt from local qualifying event of national. (JO will overlap Kinki Regional and COC will overlap Western Section)

Also, Olympic qualification criteria of Japanese ladies was released.
    1st spot - Winner of National
    2nd spot - Comprehensive consideration from 2nd & 3rd of National, Top 2 Finisher in GPF , Top 3 in World Standings, Top 3 in Season World Rankings and Top 3 in Season Best

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tinnychan View Post
    She will do 2017 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic (13-17 Sep) and Japan Open 2017 (7 Oct).
    https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=2...5-spnannex-spo
    This mean that she will exempt from local qualifying event of national. (JO will overlap Kinki Regional and COC will overlap Western Section)

Also, Olympic qualification criteria of Japanese ladies was released.
    1st spot - Winner of National
    2nd spot - Comprehensive consideration from 2nd & 3rd of National, GPF Finalist, Top 3 in World Standings, Top 3 in Season World Rankings and Top 3 in Season Best
    I'm so ready

6 Not allowed!
    Marin's new programs are out.

SP: Jealousy, La Cumparsita
    FP: Turandot (did she and Shoma have telepathy?)

Source

3 Not allowed!
    In celebration of the Kansai University Education Association's 70th Anniversary Marin attended an exhibition at the university's skating rink together with Satoko Miyahara, her sisters Sara and Miyu, Yuna Shiraiwa and other illustrious Kansai personalities (Daisuke Takahashi, Utako Nagamitsu, Nobuo Sato, Mie Hamada, Yamato Tamura, Noriko Oda):

http://kanmae.com/2017/07/02/%E5%AE%...2%B7%E3%83%A7/

http://m.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/...00253000p.html

1 Not allowed!
    I didn't expect these choices, I kinda like both of them though. I'm sure she will deliver

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    I love her tango choice! Looking forward to her performance!
    I did not expect her skating to the same FS as Shoma though.

On the Ice

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by xeyra View Post

Source
    SP choreo. by Jeffery Buttle
    FS choreo. by David Wilson

2 Not allowed!
    Interesting choices. Love the tango for the SP. La Cumparsita should be awesome. Shoma and Marin can have the Battle of the Turandots!

1 Not allowed!
    I'm happy enough with the music choices! I'm sure she will be able to pull out Turandot, and it is an epic music that suits the Olympic Season and also her style!
    I'm also happy about Jeffrey choreographing the SP and not the FS: his works are usually better with the SP because he puts in the choreography a greater dinamicity and quantity of transitions.
    Go Marin!

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by xeyra View Post

Source
    Oh wow. Based on these music, Marin's coming out with all guns blazing. This should be interesting. Can't wait for her to show it. Is there going to be a preview?

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfarmer View Post
    Oh wow. Based on these music, Marin's coming out with all guns blazing. This should be interesting. Can't wait for her to show it. Is there going to be a preview?
    Would be great!!! Maybe in DOI? This year it will be July 7-9
    http://skating-ritmica.forumfree.it/?t=73899018

2 Not allowed!
    Oh no, not Turandot, I can't hear this music anymore... but, well, for her I'll watch her LP with sounds on. Only for her, lol!
    At least, the SP choice is very interesting. I look forward to it! Go Marin!

0 Not allowed!
    Marin's Turandot dress from today's Dreams on Ice performance.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Ooooh a red(?) dress. Is there a video of her performance?

Kinda wish it would be a blue one or in the blue hue spectrum. Because, you know, the superstition.

Page 30 of 60 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast