Marin Honda | Page 32 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda

kurama45

Rinkside
Wow, jut wow. Someone started a thread "The moment you fell in love with skater" (or something similar) and now a I have that moment with Marin :love:. Like I always liked her but now I love her...

breadstal

Record Breaker
So we have some pieces of her short program, TV show showed her and Jeff working on it. It looks difficult, I hope she will pull it off well :hap10: https://twitter.com/marin_channel/status/888772955060097024

EDIT: [translation by cantilovertranslations) Marin on her SP music for the 2017-18 season

I actually wanted to skate to a tango for last year’s short program, but I decided not to so I could use it this season, and I waited all year for this, wanting to skate, so I had a lot of fun learning the choreograph. I was okay with anything as long as it was a tango, so I didn’t really have any specifics, but I was bored after the short program in the Junior World Championships, so I was searching through tangos myself, and the one I got to was La Cumparsita. Until yesterday, my plan was to use just La Cumparsita, but at an ice show, Arakawa skated to Tango Jalousie which I was very moved by. I was stuck between La Cumparsita and Tango Jalousie, and I decided to do both, so we mixed the two.

Yuii Murasaki

On the Ice
I love her so much, she's goals :sad4:

Her SP dress, not my favorite but it suits the music/ tango https://twitter.com/sn_figure/status/893689945075793921

Her SP dress is not my favorite either. I still hope she may change it before the GPS starts. :laugh:

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/2017...088911000.html

NHK news including full SP

I am surprised with flying camel...I think her fly sit is better

That step sequence :luv17:
So I guess her SP layout is the same as last season.

liv

Record Breaker
Lovely program with another wonderful step sequence. She has a lovely flow on the ice... maybe needs a bit more snap in some places, but that should come.

What a season this will be for the Japanese ladies' Olympic spot battle. Fun for us, not for them so much.

Is it just me or does she look taller and slimmer every time I see her?

mrfarmer

Rinkside
Oh my, Marin. Lovely program. But why the "why, why, why?" hands? Can't she put a Lutz instead of a Loop in there? That would be a nice surprise.

Tulipstar

Medalist
Collaboration exhibition with "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales"
Beyond My Beloved Horizon : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBNcZUPkozE

She is so cute in the video:love:

She's so charismatic. I don't think any of the other Japanese ladies come even close in that regard (and yes, I like them all).
I know she is an upcoming star, but how popular is she right now in Japan?
Hope one of you can shed more light on this:)

iorii

On the Ice

mrfarmer

Rinkside
The flower on her hair reminds me of Gracie Gold when she did what she considered tango. I don't mind both dresses, but red and black for a tango is so overdone and expected, I kinda wish she would go the Yuna route and don a full-on dark violet/plum dress with black flowers embroidered on the bodice.

Kittosuni

Medalist
She really needs to sharpen her choreo because there's no way that can pass as a tango. Her skate is very delicate and cutesy so Im really surpise they are experimenting and went to a Tango routine especially its the olympic season. Her smiling is very cringy. This is a gamble because either the judges are going to love it or penalize her on program interpretation/ presentation

breadstal

Record Breaker
I agree she needs to be more sharp with her movements and hit the movements right on music. She still has lots of time though to perfect these little things that for sure matter especially when you do tango. These are still ice shows, she has two competitions before Grand Prix series and she will for sure take some stuff to work on from them. She also may change her layout, you never know.

Yuii Murasaki

On the Ice
I agree she needs to be more sharp with her movements and hit the movements right on music. She still has lots of time though to perfect these little things that for sure matter especially when you do tango. These are still ice shows, she has two competitions before Grand Prix series and she will for sure take some stuff to work on from them. She also may change her layout, you never know.

Totally agree. The season has just begun and it's normal if her programs are not perfect yet.
She still has plenty of time to fix everything. :yes: