Ina Bauer move | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ina Bauer move

creaturelover

On the Ice
I don't know about Yuna, but I'm pretty Shizuka was "forced" to learn the Biellmann later in her career(?) after she realized she'd need it for the CoP system--she didn't particularly like learning it because the process was painful.
I believe back pain was one of the reasons Yuna stopped doing Biellmanns after 2011

lyverbird1

Final Flight
This thread reminds me of finding myself on YouTube looking at a compilation of Ina Bauers and one commenter consistently referring to it as an "innabower". :laugh2:
I don't feel bad laughing because their comments weren't particularly nice in reference to Shizuka...

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was so pretty...the whole performance.:cheer: --Though I'm sure there were those who said "The Beilman spin is contortionistic and not as beautiful as the classic lines a simple upright spin produces" when it first began to be used. ;)[/QUOTE

I would be one of those, and I still think that way.:shrug: I didn't like Bielmanns when Denise Bielmann did them and I don't like them now. Fugly, but just IMO ...

Spirals and Ina Bauers on the other hand:cheer:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I always liked Tonya Harding's. Not many ladies were doing Ina Bauer's back then and she did have a great knee bend.

You know...........Tonya had great everything. Seeing her live actually made my heart pound so hard that I could see it through my shirt. Like the rest of the audience, I gave Tonya a screaming standing ovation in Oakland. Maybe I should have kidnapped her after I saw her in 1991. That way, none of that other crap would have happened. I want to love her and remember her the way I first saw her but, I can't get over that knee thing and I never will.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
You know...........Tonya had great everything. Seeing her live actually made my heart pound so hard that I could see it through my shirt. Like the rest of the audience, I gave Tonya a screaming standing ovation in Oakland. Maybe I should have kidnapped her after I saw her in 1991. That way, none of that other crap would have happened. I want to love her and remember her the way I first saw her but, I can't get over that knee thing and I never will.
The sad thing is that she would have made a hell of a pro skater, so you really should have kidnapped her. I liked everything about her except her spirals. Love her, her mum didn't and she's paid dearly for her sins.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
This thread reminds me of finding myself on YouTube looking at a compilation of Ina Bauers and one commenter consistently referring to it as an "innabower". :laugh2:
I don't feel bad laughing because their comments weren't particularly nice in reference to Shizuka...

Let me guess, those boys at British Eurosport did it again?!

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Thanks for sharing. That was gorgeous. the spread eagle was also gorgeous.

She had great spread eagle's with perfect body line. Lastly, the girl could throw her head back like nobody else. It sounds trite but you'd be surprised how many people can't perform that skill. It takes skill to relax your neck enough to release your head as dramatically as she does it. I've seen MANY a dancer fall trying to a dramatic head release.:rofl:

Last edited:

AmEagle3313

Rinkside
I liked Tonya Harding's Ina, as well as Josee Chouinard's. I thought Josee had a good body line and did improve her back flexibility after she went pro, but Sandra Bezic also placed them well in Josee's programs, and she held them nicely.

Eric

Rinkside
I strongly suggest that Yukina Ota's layback Ina Bauer is one of the most beautiful one I have ever seen.