Video of Fumie's LP from Worlds OnLine Now | Golden Skate

Video of Fumie's LP from Worlds OnLine Now

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://www.somebodyelseslife.com/figureskating

Fumie's long program from World's is now online for download at the above site. This is definitely the best I have ever seen Fumie skate, so I am posting the link here so that any Fumie fans will get a chance to download it.

Scroll down and right click on the word Online at the end of the line where Fumie's name is.

dpp

soogar

Record Breaker
Thank you for the link. Did Fumie do a 3-3 combo? It looked like she did 2 of them but then I couldn't tell because of the video feed.

Wow! Thanks so much, Doris. I would never have got to see it if you hadn't posted. What a shame Fumie was buried so deep after the qualifying round. Even so, that performance was better than Ando's, Kostner's or Sebestien's, and there is no reason why it could not have been scored properly, even though Fumie did not skate in the final group. Maybe the CoP will allow more movement between warm-up groups.

This performance also makes me think that there is something to the complaints about the first group of ladies qualifiers, that the hardness of the ice, the early hour and the last-minute change of starting times affected that group of skaters disproportionately. Both Fumie and Michelle, among the first to skate (Fumie was the very first, IIRC) did abysmally, only to show their true stuff in the LP.

The best part of the tape: The close-up of Fumie's face in the opening pose :love: and her final pose, where she is trying to keep from crying with joy and relief.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that both of her combinations were triple/doubles. In the middle (slow) section her entries into her jumps were long and without any choreopgraphy (unusual for a Lori Nichol program, which is usually packed with interesting detail). Also, she needs more extention on her spiral. 5.9, 5.9 :love:

She changed the music, right? Wasn't that Eine Kleine Nachtmusik at the beginning?

What language was the commentary?

The owner of that web site has some amazing compression technology. That whole file downloaded in less than 1 minute.

Thanks Again, DP.

Mathman

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I prefered the opening during the GP series and GPF. It seemed to fit Fumie more because it wasn't as jumpy or busy. But I guess with the success of her Paint it Black SP, Fumie and her team decided to make the opening more dancey.

I agree that this performance was better than Sebestyn, Korstner, and definitely Ando. It's a shame she was buried after the QR. A clean and inspired SP and LP from Fumie would usually challenge Arakawa at her best and Cohen not at her best, but being buried really hurt her.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Mathman,
The language is Finnish. If you check the size of the files, Julia who owns the site has compressed the files. You can do that by downloading the freeware for editing videoclips from the Microsoft site. You can edit out frames, paste clips together to make a montage and tell the program roughly how large you want the resultant file to be. She has also winzipped the files which makes them even smaller. Finally, she has loaded them onto a server that has reasonable speed, so it isn't the big gating speed for the data transfer.

At least that's all I've discovered so far from studying it.
Right now she is running my favorite site to download from.

dpp