Entries for JGP 2014 Ljubljana Cup | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Entries for JGP 2014 Ljubljana Cup

Figureskaterr

Rinkside
I'm excited to see the Japanese girls Mihara and Nagai, Russians Sakhanovic and Kaiumova, also Saarinen and Keiser in this event!

Edit: Is Leah Keiser really 172cm tall??? I checked her ISU profile. She looks much shorter!

ice coverage

Record Breaker

YLFan

Match Penalty
They are live again http://youtu.be/FOTkMNaXDQs Now dance practice

Some couple doing Under the Sea from Little Mermaid :laugh:

First Russian couple using a very elegant piano song. I like them (Eva KHACHATURIAN / Andrei BAGIN) more than Daria MOROZOVA / Mikhail ZHIRNOV.

Figureskaterr

Rinkside
I have a stupid question. How did you find the 3-hour-long practice session video (from today) from the ISU JGP channel? I appreciate the link someone posted, but when I go to youtube and check the ISU JGP channel I cannot find this video there. For the upcoming events I'd like to know how to find these videos as I most likely won't be able to watch the practice sessions live.

stryke

On the Ice
I have a stupid question. How did you find the 3-hour-long practice session video (from today) from the ISU JGP channel? I appreciate the link someone posted, but when I go to youtube and check the ISU JGP channel I cannot find this video there. For the upcoming events I'd like to know how to find these videos as I most likely won't be able to watch the practice sessions live.

The link I posted I found by chance. I was on Sima's fan page looking to see if anything was going on today and saw a post that they were going to live stream today and they provided a link. The link only brought me the the main ISU jgp youtube page so I was bummed out. I started watching some of Sima's old performances and while watching I got a pop up on the video itself that the live stream was happening and I clicked on it and was brought to the live stream. It said the video was unlisted so only those people with the link could watch it. That's probably why you couldn't find it.

Figureskaterr

Rinkside
The link I posted I found by chance. I was on Sima's fan page looking to see if anything was going on today and saw a post that they were going to live stream today and they provided a link. The link only brought me the the main ISU jgp youtube page so I was bummed out. I started watching some of Sima's old performances and while watching I got a pop up on the video itself that the live stream was happening and I clicked on it and was brought to the live stream. It said the video was unlisted so only those people with the link could watch it. That's probably why you couldn't find it.

oh okay, thanks for explaining :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Water under the bridge, but evidently the ISU deliberately was trying to keep today's live streaming of practices under the radar -- thus the links were unlisted, and the titles referred only to "test" videos.
Looking back at @ISU_Reporter's tweets, I see that someone in advance had asked point blank whether today's practices would be streamed, and the official reply was an outright No.
@ISU_Reporter
... sorry but no as we are still setting up.
#isujgp
12:24 AM - 27 Aug 2014
https://twitter.com/ISU_Reporter/status/504529957591457792

Figureskaterr, just my two cents, but if/when JGP practice videos are available, I would suggest that you view them sooner rather than later.
The ISU originally archived Courchevel practice videos from its live streaming, but then took them down pretty quickly.

Figureskaterr

Rinkside
Water under the bridge, but evidently the ISU deliberately was trying to keep today's live streaming of practices under the radar -- thus the links were unlisted, and the titles referred only to "test" videos.
Looking back at @ISU_reporter's tweets, I see that someone in advance had asked point blank whether today's practices would be streamed, and the official reply was an outright No.
@ISU_Reporter
... sorry but no as we are still setting up.
#isujgp
12:24 AM - 27 Aug 2014
https://twitter.com/ISU_Reporter/status/504529957591457792

Figureskaterr, just my two cents, but if/when JGP practice videos are available, I would suggest that you view them sooner rather than later.
The ISU originally archived Courchevel practice videos from its live streaming, but then took them down pretty quickly.

Good to know, thx! Looks like it was Brianna Delmaestro's (she competes for Canada in JGP Slovenia) mom who asked about it :) Too bad if they don't show the practice sessions, I was hoping we would have that for the GP circuit.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Good to know, thx! Looks like it was Brianna Delmaestro's (she competes for Canada in JGP Slovenia) mom who asked about it :) Too bad if they don't show the practice sessions, I was hoping we would have that for the GP circuit.

Ohhhhh, duhhhhh ... thanks for opening my eyes.
I know who Brianna is, but I had barely glanced at the name of the tweeter, and the last name did not jump out at me.
I wonder whether @ISU_Reporter had any clue that the query came from an entrant's parent.
It would be a shame if Mom did not somehow discover the unlisted link for Brianna's dance practice.

(BTW, the ISU has promised live streaming only of JGPs. Not of GPs (neither GP practice nor GP competition). Sorry if you already know that -- I can't tell what the last part of your post means.)