2014 Colorado Championships 7/31 - 8/3 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Colorado Championships 7/31 - 8/3

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Alexa and Chris only started skating together in April 2012, so this coming season is only their 3rd together. They got silver in their first season together after a nice win at Coupe de Nice (which led to a GP assignment!) and a Worlds spot after Denney/Coughlin withdrew. This past season dealt with some injury issues and they got 4th, missing out on Sochi.

Also worth giving them credit that they placed higher (9th) at worlds than Castelli / Shnapir did either that year or this year. I think they may get a bit over shadowed by Denney / Coughlin when people look at Sappenfield's teams, but with D/C sitting out this year, they may start getting more attention.

Olympic

On the Ice
I'm sorry, I didn't take notes and I don't know what music they used. I just know that I've never seen them skate live before this competition and I couldn't believe how wonderful and elegant and polished they were. And they've never won Sr. Nationals?!! I hope this is their season. I was with some friends who are not necessarily figure skating fans and they were completely blown away by S/K.

OK. I assume they made no major errors, though, such as falls, stumbles, etc.?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I also watched the Sr. pairs and what a great Sr. debut for Maddie Aaron and Max Settlage! I look forward to their grand prix event in Canada. Alexa Scimeca and Chris Knierim were truly amazing- loved their programs. I think they are one of the top if not the top US pairs this season.

Wow ... Aaron/Settlage WON :)yay:) the Colorado Championships, according to Sarah Brannen's comments in today's IN article. Congratulations to Maddie and Max!

Madeline Aaron and Max Settlage started the season with a bang, winning the Colorado Championships by 20 points. This elegant young team has already been together for four years, and they are just what the U.S. pairs program needs.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Mind anyone telling me if there will be any live stream? Maybe just fan cam I suppose. But better than none.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Mind anyone telling me if there will be any live stream? Maybe just fan cam I suppose. But better than none.

The Colorado Championships took place a couple of weeks ago. Live streaming was not available.

If anyone has found any videos :popcorn:, I too hope that s/he will post links in this thread. Thanks. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
The Colorado Championships took place a couple of weeks ago. Live streaming was not available.

If anyone has found any videos :popcorn:, I too hope that s/he will post links in this thread. Thanks. :)
I discovered this thread a little late. Thank you for the information. :)

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Re-posting from the Aaron/Settlage thread in The Edge...

I don't see the "by 20 points" in the article - it must have been an error and removed.

The combined (SP+FS) scores I recently received for the 3 Senior pairs at the Colorado Championships club competition are:
Alexa Scimeca/Chris Knierim 160.98
Madeline Aaron/Max Settlage 156.85
Kaitlin Budd/Matthew Blackmer (new) 125.22

twirlingaround

Rinkside
Wow ... Aaron/Settlage WON :)yay:) the Colorado Championships, according to Sarah Brannen's comments in today's IN article. Congratulations to Maddie and Max!

Madeline Aaron and Max Settlage started the season with a bang, winning the Colorado Championships by 20 points. This elegant young team has already been together for four years, and they are just what the U.S. pairs program needs.
Congrats to them on having a Super Senior Debut! :clap:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Colorado Championships official results finally are published online.

Senior Pairs SP & FS (separate events) and Senior Men SP are here: http://mhfsa.org/files/14-Champs-IJS-Results.pdf
Page 2 of results includes Senior Men FS: http://mhfsa.org/files/14-Champs-IJS-Results-page-2.pdf

SP: Scimeca/Knierim 58.23, Aaron/Settlage 50.43, Budd/Blackmer 43.43
FS: Aaron/Settlage 106.42, Scimeca/Knierim 102.75, Budd/Blackmer 81.79

2 Senior men competed:
Max Aaron 83.77 (SP), 138.67 (FS)
Lukas Kaugars 49.98 (SP), 102.56 (FS)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Cross-posting from the Aaron/Settlage thread ... for the sake of completeness ;):

Thx to Sylvia for noticing that the IN article was revised after I posted the quote above. (And for posting the CC results links.)

The revised comments from Sarah Brannen:

Madeline Aaron and Max Settlage started the season well, winning the free skate at the Colorado Championships. This elegant, young team has already been together for four years, and they are just what the U.S. pairs program needs.

In any case, they still are Brannen's choice as "breakout" stars among U.S. pairs.

And they still have my congratulations for winning the FS -- by 3.67 over S/K.​