Maria Sotskova | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Maria Sotskova

gotoschool

Medalist
Maria is listed as a substitute for those competitions you mentioned. She is main entry for Tallinn.

Any news on her current status? Hope she can compete well and qualify to JGP final.

Thanks for the information. As you said, I believe it was in the JGP thread where I read that Maria was scheduled to perform in the Tallinn Cup in late September. I just forgot to post it here. The only other information I have comes from fsuniverse:

Maofan7 said: ↑http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...th-love-14-summer-to-autumn-2014.92797/page-9
Sotskova has recovered from the Meniscus injury that kept her out of 2014 junior Worlds. She then had a groin strain which prevented her from training in July. Nevertheless, she returned in time to take part in the Russian test skates. However, the missed training and a growth spurt have meant that she is not yet back to her best. Hopefully, she will be soon.

I hope she returns to full health quickly and skates even better this season.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
She is competing today at Moscow Open Junior Championships. Hope we'll see good results.

Rhodium

On the Ice
Maria changed her FS, now music is soundtrack to "Funny Face" and "Breakfast at Tiffany's".

I agree that old music was weird but I love her choreography - it's so particular with close attention to details :bow: I think her choreographer should work with top skaters.

bluebell0710

Rinkside
Maria changed her FS, now music is soundtrack to "Funny Face" and "Breakfast at Tiffany's".

I agree that old music was weird but I love her choreography - it's so particular with close attention to details :bow: I think her choreographer should work with top skaters.

I'm sorry but I'm confused by your words. According to the early information Maria's FS is from Breakfast at Tiffany's and Funny Face, but now you said "she changed her FS", but list the same... Is the layout of the music in the FS changed in different order? Or they select other music clips from these two films?

treeloving

Medalist
Although I don't really like the music, she has the best choreography I have seen so far compare to other junior.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Maria has just won JGP Zagreb ahead of Chen and Proklova!!

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVFmxQd9T_8

Happy to see her on top of a podium again. Last season she qualified with two second places to win JGP final ahead of Sakhanovich and Medvedeva. Hope she gains more stability on jumps and spin levels. She lost points in the spins and GOE. All she need is perform jumps clearer and get those spin levels, maybe a little more speed. I'll keep my fingers crossed for her to at least make the podium there in Barcelona!! (This year is much tougher with Wakaba coming into scene and team Eteri getting huge scores)

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I'm so proud of her for winning!
I definitely saw a lot of the spark that she had last year! I have to agree on her needing to get more GOEs on the spins and jumps. We should not fret on it since there is a lot of time before JGPF and she could work on those better. Also, let's not count her out yet. She is in the exact position as she was last year. She definitely the underdog out of the Russians (and maybe out of everyone as well).

Btw, I'm loving her LP this season! It's so quirky and I can't not stop watching it.

Meoima

Match Penalty
She does look very unique and original, that's what I like about her. I hope she can win JGPF again. :)

gotoschool

Medalist
I am really glad Maria won because she is my favorite skater in this event. I just love her elegance and maturity. I was impressed with how she fought back after the fall because her jumps seemed more rotated and she had a better flair with her arms movements afterwards. I think a 112 with a fall puts her in good position to hit 120 in the LP if she can just skate like she did after the fall with her jumps and somehow increase her speed and center her spins a bit better.

I am assuming that it will be Evgenia, Serfimah, Wakaba, Maria, Yuka Nagai and who will be the sixth in the final? I am guessing Karen because of her relatively high score of almost 170 combined with a silver and bronze.