2014-2015 South Korean competitions | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 South Korean competitions

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
wow Korean judges aren't backing down on their scoring :shocked:

Even CJH beat June Hyoung's total score....
not a fair comparison since June Hyoung is having off days but really these scoring are :jaw:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really like So Youn and find her programs very enjoyable and part of it is a basic approach rooted in feel and subtlety.

The thing is...to accomplish this and score well it puts a lot more emphasis on each element because there is less to look at for the judges....if that even makes sense. :laugh: My point is every little error that she commits tends to stand out. I remember when she fell on a loop jump at SA and it was during a section that had little choreo in it which IMO led to her PCS being hurt. It took her something like 40 seconds to reconnect to the program at the level she is capable of. Partially because there were little to no transitions or choreo at that part of the program which only added to the disturbance. I don't think the answer is adding a ton of transitions because that's not her style (although I think she could use a few more effective ones) but instead she just needs to land a clean program...her way. The beauty I find in her skating is similar to that of a moment of silence woven into a piece of music. It just feels right.

I'd like her to stop butchering her spins too. It just seems so unnecessary to me.

Last edited:

jimeonji

Final Flight
wow Korean judges aren't backing down on their scoring :shocked:

Even CJH beat June Hyoung's total score....
not a fair comparison since June Hyoung is having off days but really these scoring are :jaw:

Junehyoung lost a lot of points in TES - Junehyoung's PCS was still higher in the FS even though he bombed. The Korean judges are definitely on the harsh side.... no favorites at all.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
WOW I was surprised of her development.. and it's really fast!!!!
She was born in 2004, so her age may be 10 or 11 I think.

She landed 3Lz-2-2, 3S-3T, and 2A-3T in her free skating in this competition, and got 1st place of elementary school girls division.
maybe some jumps were under-rotated though. :drama:
Here is link. Young YOU

I wanna bet on her bright future.:dance:

Last edited:

on_the_horizon

Rinkside
In the most recent competition that took place yesterday in South Korea, at least eight novice girls (who are eligible to advance to the junior status next season) attempted 3-3 combinations. Some got credits and some didn't. Anyway, the point is that these athelets are trying to bring up the level of skating in Korea. This is necessary and hopeful for the future of Korean skating. I wish these girls improve more and more! Various kinds of jump combinations were attempted: 3Lz-3T, 3F-3T, 3S-3T, 3T-3T and 3Lo-3Lo. Here is the link to gifs of some of the girls' 3-3 jumps.

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=figureskating_new&no=108017&page=1&exception_mode=recommend

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
In the most recent competition that took place yesterday in South Korea, at least eight novice girls (who are eligible to advance to the junior status next season) attempted 3-3 combinations. Some got credits and some didn't. Anyway, the point is that these athelets are trying to bring up the level of skating in Korea. This is necessary and hopeful for the future of Korean skating. I wish these girls improve more and more! Various kinds of jump combinations were attempted: 3Lz-3T, 3F-3T, 3S-3T, 3T-3T and 3Lo-3Lo. Here is the link to gifs of some of the girls' 3-3 jumps.

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=figureskating_new&no=108017&page=1&exception_mode=recommend

thanks!

omg! really proud of them :cheer: especially for Eunsoo (third girl) for finally getting it. She still has a bit of a mule-kick on her jumps but her form is everything :)