Who Went To Europeans 2015? Tell Us About It? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Who Went To Europeans 2015? Tell Us About It?

ragdoll

On the Ice
Yep many thankx also from The Netherlands. 2,5 more weeks and then off to Sweden. That Globen hotel was fully booked but that is logic because all the skaters are staying in there.

If you want to stay as close to the Globe as possible, try the Clarion hotel, the one with the street address "Ringvägen". It's more or less within walking distance (20 minutes) or two stops by underground train. The station entrance is more or less outside the hotel so it's very convienient.

Npmonice

Rinkside
Monday next week and I will be sat in the arena watching official practice :). 1 week to go :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer:

ragdoll

On the Ice
And so will I. Can hardly wait. :) Not sure how much practise I will go to but I'm definitely going Monday and Tuesday afternoon. :) :) :)

Richie

Rinkside
preparing already some things for Stockholm. will fly in from Holland Wednesdayafternoon. just saw on website that crownprincess Victoria will open the competition at 5.15 PM that day. :cheer2:

Richie

Rinkside
Hi Ragdoll. What are the first impressions? How is the venue? Is it cold inside? How is it outside the venue meaning what is the weather doing? Is there snow in Stockholm? Thankx for the info.:)

ragdoll

On the Ice
Hi Ragdoll. What are the first impressions? How is the venue? Is it cold inside? How is it outside the venue meaning what is the weather doing? Is there snow in Stockholm? Thankx for the info.:)

The venue is fine or will be fine when everything in it opens on Wednesday. I was there for a couple of hours yesterday and found it cod but don't trust my impression when it comes to temperature. I have neurological problems and can feel very hot or very cod regardless of actual temperature. It almost alays very windy among the buldings in the arena area so it is usually very cold. Yesterday it was minus 5C and very windy so it was ice cold there because of the wind. It felt a bit warmer when I got back to the city where I live. It will be sub zero today as well but slightly warmer weather is expected from tomorrow. There is some snow but the forecast says there will be some rain during the week so it will probably melt. Welcome to Stockholm Richie and everyone else! Come and say hi if you want to! In section A9, row 3, seat 1 you will find an old, tired, stiff lady and that is me. :) :) :)

Richie

Rinkside
Thankx for the info. Holland will get snow from Thursday on. Not tomorrow when I fly in to Stockholm. It must be a huge venue. Only been there outside and many seatingplaces to be filled I guess. Will start watching from tomorrowevening. Pity I miss the openingceremony. I am seated in several B blocks.:cheer:

lionello

Rinkside
Excuse me, friends. Who are in Stocholm now, except Ragdoll?
Are you see any banners on Globen-Arena, and have you any photos on this banners, haven't?

iskate

On the Ice
I'm in Stockholm right now! I don't post much on here, I usually just silently lurk, but just thought I'd say hi :) looking forward to men's FS tonight!!

Does anyone know if there will be any autograph/photo opportunities with the skaters? I kind of doubt it but it would be awesome if there was...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ihope some of you guys who saw the events live will tell us about the experience? Please?
:bow::bow::bow:

Merjan

On the Ice
I was there on Wednesday and Thursday, about 11 hours a day. Or quickly to a hamburger place between the events...it was disappointing that the arena was quite empty even if the tickets didn't cost much. Well, I got a better seat down there 3 times out of 4, as the upper parts were closed. They didn't give skating orders on paper for free. One had to take a photo of the order on the wall. And my tablet and Wi-Fi didn't work there...
I enjoyed watching the skating, many good new ladies and men, and really good ice-dance couples. It was good to see Kiira in the short program. I had my Finnish flag with me. I loved it when Gabriella and Guillaume won the dance with great performances. The award ceremony was not so great, the Swedes had big problems with the French flag. Awkward. But the 3 couples seemed happy with the results and posed for photos for some time on the ice, ABBA music playing there. Now I'm back at home, watching the pairs and later the Gala.

TMC

Record Breaker
I was there on Wednesday and Thursday, about 11 hours a day. Or quickly to a hamburger place between the events...it was disappointing that the arena was quite empty even if the tickets didn't cost much. Well, I got a better seat down there 3 times out of 4, as the upper parts were closed. They didn't give skating orders on paper for free. One had to take a photo of the order on the wall. And my tablet and Wi-Fi didn't work there...
I enjoyed watching the skating, many good new ladies and men, and really good ice-dance couples. It was good to see Kiira in the short program. I had my Finnish flag with me. I loved it when Gabriella and Guillaume won the dance with great performances. The award ceremony was not so great, the Swedes had big problems with the French flag. Awkward. But the 3 couples seemed happy with the results and posed for photos for some time on the ice, ABBA music playing there. Now I'm back at home, watching the pairs and later the Gala.

That's relative though: I was definitely going to go with my mum - we had decided on hotels and everything - but when we checked the event page and the tix total came to 600 euros, we decided that it was way too much. Well, I decided because my mum had offered to pay. She's not poor per se, but that just seemed excessive to me :no:

iskate

On the Ice
I went to the Ladies and Mens FS, it was pretty good (not that I have much to compare it to, this is only the second major event I've been to...Oh, the joy of living in Australia). Stockholm was nice. I stayed near the Old Town and the public transport to the arena was really easy to figure out.

For the men's FS I was in Row 6 which was awesome, got a great view (er...of the somewhat splatfest of an event). Loved Righini's skating, I'd somehow never heard of him before. He and Bychenko were the highlights for me (and Kovtun, I am one of the seemingly few people who actually likes him...to the point of adoration). And in both events I saw, the crowd was SO SUPPORTIVE. Especially for the Swedish and other Nordic skaters, they just went absolutely wild. So the atmosphere was great. It was quite funny just after Radionova skated, she was in the K&C and the crowd started cheering and chanting because one of the Helgessons was on next, and gorgeous Elena was just waving and smiling, thinking they were cheering for her (which they probably partly were. I was. She was amazing as always, and great to see live).

ragdoll

On the Ice
I went to Everything except the two first groupls of the ladies' free skate. I was veryl tired after so many hours at the arena so I had to skip something. My general impression is that everything seemed quite well organised but I was unhappy with a few things in and around the arena. It was too cold in there. There was some kind of air conditioning that now and then blew ice cold air down from the ceiling and I saw people sitting in fur coats, down jackets etc and I still have neck pain from those cold air puffs. I do understand that the skaters can't skate in too hot an arena but I have been to other arenas where no one needed to sit in their outdoor clothes. I was also unhappy with the kiosks inside the arena. They sold bad, weak coffee, didn't have enough stuff to choose from and charged high prices.

As for the skating there were many performances that I liked but the ones I won't forget are French dancers Papadakis/Cizeron's short and free dance. I had seen them on TV during the GP series and liked them very much but they were só much more impressive live. Their smooth yet strong, sophisticated and understated programmes were fantastic to see live. I am one of those who think that COP has ´not done ice dancing any favours. It has lost its characater of dancing and I'm tired of watching ugly, acrobatic, hectic performances that all look the same but P/C had managed to weave the difficulties smoothly into their performances in a way that didn't make them disturbing or interrupting of the flow.

I was also pleasantly surprised by Marchei/Hotarek. I used to find Berton/Hotarek OK but they lacked something I can't put my finger on. There was no spark. I found that Valentina Marchei will add that kind of spark and when they improve on their pair elements they have the possibility of becoming a very good pair that will be nice and interesting to watch. I like pairs skating and want to see more good pairs in Europé. I won't comment on Stolbova and Klimov. So many others have done that and I have nothing to add. I just hope Stolbova didn't beat poor Klimov up after the competition, LOL.

iskate

On the Ice
I went to Everything except the two first groupls of the ladies' free skate. I was veryl tired after so many hours at the arena so I had to skip something. My general impression is that everything seemed quite well organised but I was unhappy with a few things in and around the arena. It was too cold in there. There was some kind of air conditioning that now and then blew ice cold air down from the ceiling and I saw people sitting in fur coats, down jackets etc and I still have neck pain from those cold air puffs. I do understand that the skaters can't skate in too hot an arena but I have been to other arenas where no one needed to sit in their outdoor clothes. I was also unhappy with the kiosks inside the arena. They sold bad, weak coffee, didn't have enough stuff to choose from and charged high prices.

Really? I didn't find the arena cold at all. Even when I was literally just a few metres away from the ice, I didn't feel the cold. In fact, I was pretty much sweating. Although I was wearing a coat.

Agree about the kiosks though, the food was quite expensive. Actually, I found Stockholm in general quite expensive.

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
I watched men's and ladies' free programs. I didn't feel the hall was too cold! I didn't have any jacket or scarf inside. We sat in the short side, just above the K&C at the row 15 (Friday) and at the back row 17 (Saturday).

Men's FS was ok. I was impressed by Righini's skate - he seemed a shy Italian guy with excellent interpretation especially in the last "I love you baby"-part! :love: Well, of course Javier was totally in the different level of all. I'm not really fan of Kovtun, he is technically very good but he leaves me cold. I actually like Voronov, he seems to have such a great attitude this season! And Amodio, uuhh, he is hot. No matter how badly he skates, I'm in. :biggrin:

Well, the atmosphere especially on Saturday was awesome! Except I was sooo sad because of Kiira. When I heard of her sickness in the morning I didn't even want to go to Globen. Well, of course I did. Two first groups of ladies were kind of meh. The only one who succeeded was Angelina Kuchvalska, young and talented!

The crowd (including me!) went nuts when they saw crown princess Victoria and her husband Daniel and their little girl Estelle. You could hear the "wooaaahh" when they were showed on the big screen. I didn't see half of Eveline Brunner's skate because I was searching for them :laugh:

The Russians were of course on their own level. You could see the huge jumps of Elizaveta to the last row of the Globen. And also the big smile of Elena. I tend to agree with those who say Anna is still a little unpolished. She have lots of talent but her knees are quite distracting. I have a feeling she'll be better in future seasons. Helgesson sisters got huge support and I think it was very unique situation to them both. Viktoria has really good style of skating although her jumps seem to be little UR. Not all of them but the take-offs leave from very deep edge. It was wonderful to have the Swedish ladies at the 4th and 5th places!

Well, the weekend was quite a disappointment to the huge fan of Kiira (= to me) but it was wonderful to feel the atmosphere and see the great Russians and lovely Javier! Last but the most irritating thing at my weekend trip to Stockholm was that I was forced to leave the honey (which I bought from the royal gift shop and which was quite expensive!) to the security check beacuse SOLID HONEY IS LIQUID!!! :bang: :mad:

Last edited:

Bag of Goldfish

Rinkside
Was the crowd loud during the skating? I was watching on Icenetwork, and I don't know what it was, but I kept hearing the sound of talking in the background. Not between the skaters, but during the performances. Was it just some weird audio thing?