Who Went To Europeans 2015? Tell Us About It? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Who Went To Europeans 2015? Tell Us About It?

LRK

Record Breaker
I was also pleasantly surprised by Marchei/Hotarek. I used to find Berton/Hotarek OK but they lacked something I can't put my finger on. There was no spark. I found that Valentina Marchei will add that kind of spark and when they improve on their pair elements they have the possibility of becoming a very good pair that will be nice and interesting to watch. I like pairs skating and want to see more good pairs in Europé. .

You know, I completely agree with this! I couldn't quite warm up to B/H either - I mean, I didn't dislike them or anything, but... there was something lacking for me personally. The spark you mention. Then I saw Stefania Berton skate with her fiancé Rockne Brubaker at one of Plushy's Kings on Ice shows - and loved it! So, I thought, maybe it was Ondrej I couldn't quite warm up to? But here skating with Valentina - they were both great! So, maybe it was just something lacking in the connection between Stefania and Ondrej? (For me personally, I mean - obviously, others may have felt completely differently!)

So, now I just wish Stefania would team up with Rockne (competitively, I mean) - and I'd be perfectly happy.:)

Merjan

On the Ice
I just compared the prices with how they were when we had Europeans in Helsinki in 2009... The ladies' free skating, one ticket costed 100 euros or more back then. And now in Stockholm I got tickets for 4 competitions for about that same price, 100 euros. And if I had booked earlier, they had those offers - 50 % off in Stockholm for the tickets.

TMC

Record Breaker
I just compared the prices with how they were when we had Europeans in Helsinki in 2009... The ladies' free skating, one ticket costed 100 euros or more back then. And now in Stockholm I got tickets for 4 competitions for about that same price, 100 euros. And if I had booked earlier, they had those offers - 50 % off in Stockholm for the tickets.

WOW That's a lot less than any that we could find! I wish I'd known where to search, at those prices we'd totally have gone to all of the events :(

That gives me an idea - for coming competitions we could start a thread for tickets specifically, where people could post alerts for special offers and links to where the most value-for-money prices could be found! Thanks Merjan :)

ragdoll

On the Ice
Was the crowd loud during the skating? I was watching on Icenetwork, and I don't know what it was, but I kept hearing the sound of talking in the background. Not between the skaters, but during the performances. Was it just some weird audio thing?

It must have been some audio thing - no one was talking in the speakers during the performances. The crowd was loud during some performances but not loud enough to disturb any broadcasting so I don't know what you were hearing. It must have been quite irritating for you.

Richie

Rinkside
almost two weeks ago since Europeans but here is my review: after Budapest last year this was my second time visiting European Championships and this time in the lovely city of Stockholm. as I had been there some times before I know how big the Globen Arena was from outside. the whole neighbourhood there had changed as they aslo built Telemark Arena next door. Advantage of that was that they had some good restaurants in there and it also hosted the small medal ceremony which was nice to see. The weather was a bit winterly but traffice went well and with the nice undergroundsystem everything was reachable. In the very nice Hellstens Malmgard hotel where I stayed there were more skatingfans and it was nice meeting them. From Georgia, Russia and Germany. Sightseeing was due to strict schedule only possible Fridaymorning and that was also the only day we got sun and I can tell you than the old town is even shining more than ever. And then the skating. I had bought tickets for all the events (except men's short as my plane from Amsterdam only flew in Wednesdayafternoon) and enjoyed hours and hours of highlevel skating. The venue was so huge that for alle events you could be seated anywhere as the hosts didn't check at all and there were plenty of places to sit. Highlights were ladies and pair's free dance as it was so exctiting and when both my favourites Elizaveta and Kawaguti/Smirnov won I alsmost exploded for joy. In the Quality hotel next door I met afterwards lots of skaters and it's so nice to talk/have pics with them. Valentina Marchei and Helgeson sisters looked great. With the lovely gala it all ended and on Monday I returned to my homecountry with lots of nice memories and pics inmy suitcase. Sweden thankx!!!:cheer2:

LRK

Record Breaker
Thanks for sharing your thoughts & impressions, Richie! I too am a Liza and K/S fan - so for us these Championships were lovely, weren't they? :)