2014 Warsaw Cup | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Warsaw Cup

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
edit - oops, found the result page, MCM's almost 20 points ahead of #2 with 73.81.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Mmmm. Lots of drama! :drama: :drama: :drama:

The 15th skater, Igor EFIMCHUK of Russia, is absent without leave. They waited until the clock reached a minute, and then brought on the next skater, local guy Krzysztof GALA. He started, and then went over to the judges. It looked like there was something wrong with his skate.

The announcer just came over the tanoy saying that Gala had not completed his skate, and we would have to wait 2 minutes for the next one (Alexander PETROV of Russia)

Let's hope things go more smoothly for him!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Petrov landed all his jumps cleanly. :)

Not only that, but he's taken the lead with 75.74! Only just shy of 2 points ahead of Martinez (73.81) in 2nd. Paul FENTZ of Germany is a distant 3rd with 58.33.

It's going to be an exciting fight for the gold and silver medals in the FS tomorrow!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ooooh!!!! It's not long to go now until the Pairs competition kicks off!!!

I am getting so excited! I can't wait to see how 2 new Pairs, each of which formed after the guys had messy splits with their previous partners in the off-season, get on.

(Although, in the first case the guy was the victim, and in the second the guy was the instigator).

Lubov and Dylan are starting off the competition, while Valentina and Ondrej are finishing it off.

Hurry up Mr Zamboni!!!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
What was their score? I think the TES score was 29.04, the full score was 55 point something I think

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN)
Music: "I'm Feeling Good" (Michael Buble)

Lubov fell on the first jump. For the first 30 seconds or so, she did look rusty. But she got into the swing of things after that. There were a couple of times that she fell out of sync with Dylan on the side-by-sides.

Dylan looked great. You wouldn't have thought he had got dumped by his previous partner for being too old. To an untrained eye like mine everything he did was pretty much perfect.

A VERY promising start to the new partnership. Can't wait to see them in the same field as Kirsten and Michael to see how they compare directly..

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What was their score? I think the TES score was 29.04, the full score was 55 point something I think

I know! I was waiting to post my comment until the score came up, but the live scoring doesn't seem to be working for this competition (it did for the others earlier!) :bang:

I thought it was 54 point something...

EDIT:

Pl.
NameNationTSS
=
TES
+
PCS
+
SSTRPECHINDeduction
-
StN.
1Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Dylan MOSCOVITCH
CAN55.4029.04 26.366.656.306.556.656.800.00#1

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA)
Music: No idea, but it wasn't great!

I love Valentina. But that was painful to watch. She was never in sync with Ondrej.

Vale looked so out of her depth. I hoped she wouldn't, but she really did look like a Singles skater doing her first Pairs competition.Time will tell whether this changes, but from what I saw, I'm not holding out much hope.

Stick to the Singles, love!

Ondrej did his best, but it is obvious that he made a bad mistake ditching Stefania.

Pl.
NameNationTSS
=
TES
+
PCS
+
SSTRPECHINDeduction
-
StN.
Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREKITA52.3226.9225.406.256.106.356.406.650.00

CaroLiza_fan

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I liked I/M's program. I know Kirsten was the one who left Dylan, but it definitely seems like he upgraded with Luba.

thoakun

Final Flight
Thanks Caroliza for the report. Why did Valentina swtich to pairs? I thought she really had a breakthrough last season.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thanks Caroliza for the report. Why did Valentina swtich to pairs? I thought she really had a breakthrough last season.

When the rumours started about Ondrej teaming up with Vale, I was VERY vocal saying exactly that!

She is without doubt the most improved Singles skater in recent years, and would have had a great shot at a podium in Europeans.

I just can't understand it her decision at all. Apparently, it is something she has wanted to try for years (since she was going with Joubert), but she felt now was the right time to try it.

Bad move, love!

Although, we shouldn't despair too much, as she has said that she wants to continue doing singles for at least this season.

Let's hope she re-thinks and decides to concentrate on Singles for the next few years! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Last edited: