R.I.P. Ziggy | Page 4 | Golden Skate

R.I.P. Ziggy

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isn't there a GP or JGP event where he was present and waiving the Polish flag when the only Polish skater took the ice and the camera's zoomed in on him. I thought I read that in the FSU thread but I don't know the event to look it up. I'd love to see that video.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Oh Ziggy you will be sorely missed. I loved your reports and learned from you. May you find peace and happiness in your next existence.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I am so sad to learn of Ziggy's passing. I too greatly admired the insight, care, and thoughtfulness of his posts. He was kind and funny to others on here, and just brought a lovely energy to the forum. What a loss!

Ziggy's family, if you are reading this, please know that he was well liked and respected and cherished on this Forum!

Meoima

Match Penalty
For some reason I've come across a number of Ziggy's posts recently. He is everywhere. So sad for him and his family. But I would love to think of him with a smile on my face. I think he might want us to think of him as so too. Thank you Ziggy for all the comments you have left us here.

Icey

Record Breaker
John Donne: For Whom the Bell Tolls

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."

--Devotions Upon Emergent Occasions, "Meditation XVII"

I would say many of us are feeing "diminished" by this loss of one of us.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My goodness! :eek: :cry:

This is not the sort of thread title you want to see when you come back from holidays.

Before I went away, I was trying to remember the name of the young Polish ladies skater that Ziggy has long been telling us to keep an eye on for the future (it was Agata Kryger). So, I went to his Golden Skate profile, to see if I could find the conversation.

Given how active Ziggy has been on the forum, I did find it strange that it had been a while since he had last posted. But, I never would have imagined that it was because he had passed away.

That is the problem with sites like this – members may drop off the radar and we have no way of knowing if they are alright. So, although I know she would have preferred if there was nothing to tell us, thank you to karne for sharing the sad news with us.

Like so many other members, I was surprised to hear that Ziggy was only 31. He was definitely knowledgeable beyond his years. And not just about skating, but about a whole wide range of subjects.

During my time on here, there were many occasions when I would unwittingly say something that was factually inaccurate. And, more often than not, Ziggy would be the one that would correct me. Although it would annoy me a bit at the time, I came to really respect him for speaking up, because it meant that not only I was learning something new, but doubtless other people were as well.

We may not have agreed on a lot of things, but I will really miss reading his posts. Ziggy was never afraid to speak his mind, and was able to give insights into many things.

What makes an internet forum like this successful is the mixture of people that take part in it. And what a mixture we have on here! We have members from all four corners of the world, each being able to give different insightful information.

One of the major sources of insightful information has now left us. But, thanks to Ziggy, we not only know a lot more about skating in Poland, but a whole lot of other subjects.

Dziękuję Tomasz. Niech twój duch jeździć na zawsze.

(…and no doubt Ziggy is up there pulling his hair out at how badly Google has translated what I was attempting to say, and is wishing he could correct it! :laugh: )

My thoughts go out to all of Tomek’s family and friends.

CaroLiza_fan

deedee1

Record Breaker
oh no...very very sad...:cry: I lost one of my parents 15 years ago and I'm now losing the other. He's very old, he's had a decent, happy and long enough life I would say if we look at all people in the world and what's happening to many of those who are suffering in our real life. My family has been sort of preparing for it for the last couple of months, and it's in the right order (for child(ren)/the younger(s) to see off parent(s)/elder(s) to his/her/their eternal rest). I understand it in my head, but the thought that his clock is ticking away to its end and I have to say goodbye very soon simply kills me. I just can't imagine how awful and devastating it will be if in reverse order and especially at such a younger age...my deepest condolences to Ziggy's parents, family and friends.

R.I.P, Ziggy. My sincere wish is you are up in the sky painfree and sorrowfree, but with all joy and only smiles now. You will be missed by all of us. Truly and tremendously.