R.I.P. Ziggy | Page 3 | Golden Skate

R.I.P. Ziggy

kasik8222

Rinkside
I am so proud that Tomasz was my countryman. I used to talk to him on polish figure skating forum. He was very passionate and helpful person. I never met him in real life despite the fact that we were from the same city. I stil can't believe it. I have never met someone like him. His figure skating knowledge was amazing. I admired it. He had great impact on so many fans. Noone can replace him.

Big Deal

Final Flight
I've checked his page. He last made a comment on 13th of August.
It is almost unreal to accept that his funeral has been held 8 days later. Besides the fact that death is very real it is always seems to be unacceptable creating the feeling that it is unreal.
Anybody knows what happened to him without being indiscret?
I was thinking of him whole day long....
We had been registered in this forum almost at the same day more than 10 years ago.....

gotoschool

Medalist
I'm sorry to hear that he passed away. I know he was always strict in his analysis of skaters' tech scores, but he tried to be fair. That's all I know about him. I wish I knew more. May he find eternal peace and contentment on the other side of this fleeting life.

BlackPack

Medalist
I can't believe this. Though I've been on the forums on and off, I've read this posts for at least 12 years. We PMed a couple of times way back on FSU. RIP, Ziggy. Let us know what you and John Curry have to say about bad postures under COP up in heaven!

GF2445

Record Breaker
This is a massive loss to this forum.
I loved his posts but I hope he will be remembered for a lot more than that.
Always remember to tell the people you care about that you love them because life can come and go so fast.
He will be missed dearly by all of us.

Robeye

Final Flight
I just saw this after taking a long break from skate watching.

Thank you, Ziggy, for making skating forums more knowledgeable and enjoyable.

RIP

alebi

Medalist
This is really sad =(
He was so funny to read during live commentary, I remember in particular last Euros. Sometimes you don't need to know people in real life to appreciate them, and he was this kind of person. All my thoughts to his family

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ziggy was an asset to this forum for 10 years and will indeed be greatly missed. I thoroughly enjoyed the skating reports he posted, and was very grateful for the time he took. It was very painful to hear the news and I hope that his family and friends are finding the strength and courage to deal with this tragedy.

RABID

Final Flight
I reread some of his comments. Although I didn't know him, he was a civilized chap and I appreciate that. RIP.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was checking the list of entries for Ljubljana thread today and saw a few posts on page 1 from Ziggy. He was encouraging and celebrating some of the lesser known skaters. Just too much :cry:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
We might have known only a little part of Ziggy as a person but just his contributions on skating forums alone had brought much to many people's lives. Gone too soon, for us, from this phase of his soul's journey.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I was checking the list of entries for Ljubljana thread today and saw a few posts on page 1 from Ziggy. He was encouraging and celebrating some of the lesser known skaters. Just too much :cry:

Yes, it' makes me too sad when I see his posts, like they are actually from this month, not long ago at all.

He is posting in the two next Junior Grand Prix threads as well. For example he wrote this:

It's good to see two new men and one new lady from Kazakhstan. I wonder whether between Denis Ten's popularity and Almaty being a serious contender for the Olympic Winter Games, figure skating is experiencing a boom over there.

Three men from Malaysia listed as well. Great to see skating being developed there.

Two new Uzbekistani ladies also.

You could tell he was excited for the new season to start...

starlight97

Final Flight
I've read some of his posts. He knew a lot and was very respectful.
Such sad news, things happen so fast. RIP.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Ziggy, we'll miss you. :(

As a tribute, may I suggest / recommend that we post clips of some of his favorite performances and skaters here?

We may not all agree on who should / would / could have won titles and gotten certain scores, but we were all united by our mutual love of a sport that is becoming increasingly obscure. Let's celeb

Poice

Final Flight
He was really knowledgeable person and I always read his posts with interest. I'm sure he will be missed.

Ziggy, we'll miss you. :(

As a tribute, may I suggest / recommend that we post clips of some of his favorite performances and skaters here?

We may not all agree on who should / would / could have won titles and gotten certain scores, but we were all united by our mutual love of a sport that is becoming increasingly obscure. Let's celeb

Maybe not his favorite performance :), but I think this should be posted here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ09GuN1TLc