2014 JGP Courchevel Junior Ladies FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 JGP Courchevel Junior Ladies FS

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Amber holds on for bronze. She was clearly relieved and disappointed. Me thinks that she'll comes back strong in JGP #2!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Over 150 points difference between first and last place. :eek: Ouch. But Evgenia is really amazing. :clap: Russia is swimming in talented girls.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Amber holds on for bronze. She was clearly relieved and disappointed. Me thinks that she'll comes back strong in JGP #2!
She looks a little bit labour on ice. But I think her axel looks good. I hope she will get more consistency.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Evgenia killing it and having fun doing a goofy robot step sequence!! She even bowed like a robot. :laugh:

She is on a whole different planet from anyone at this competition.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Medvedeva has been growing in me. It seems her coach is doing another program with emotional appeal, like Julia's, and it worked for me. Whether the two pieces of music tied together is a good idea is debatable, but I like programs with great contrast, and like skaters who can deliver this kind of contrast. Medvedeva has showed a great range of interpretation and that's very promising. She also seems to be a very good competitor.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Amber needs to lose a little bit of weight...
Weight is not the problem. Her body type is stocky and there is nothing wrong with that. There are stocky skaters that don't look labour on ice.

Evgenia was amazing! I hope she will get more weight, though. Watching her being so thin makes me feel sooo scared. :cry:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Medvedeva has been growing in me. It seems her coach is doing another program with emotional appeal, like Julia's, and it worked for me. Whether the two pieces of music tied together is a good idea is debatable, but I like programs with great contrast, and like skaters who can deliver this kind of contrast. Medvedeva has showed a great range of interpretation and that's very promising. She also seems to be a very good competitor.

Except there wasn't much competition for her today. I wonder how she will do when she starts playing with the big girls. Let's hope the puberty monster doesn't know her address. Oh, and she could indeed do with a couple of pounds more. Her legs look downright scary.

andyjo24

Medalist
I :eek: :love: when Medvedeva landed the 3S+3T! She definitely can make it harder for Julia, Pogo, and the others (that is, if she gets through puberty hopefully...).

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Although I salute Medvedeva's obvious talent, I do root for Amber for two reasons: 1) I want to see her grow into and rock Rohene's program, which she was unable to do today :eek:hwell: and 2) far from needing to lose weight, she looks like a normal 14 year old girl. She doesn't have to worry about the puberty monster. She may actually grow into a woman who can skate. You go, girl!

But onto the men, and although I have not seen him skate, I am now really looking forward to Chase Belmontes. Gotta :love: his attitude!

makaihime

Final Flight
Amber has so much personality on the ice :yes: I really want her to do well this quad. Congrats to Medvedeva and yay for Yasmina :clap:

Figureskaterr

Rinkside
Amber has so much personality on the ice :yes: I really want her to do well this quad. Congrats to Medvedeva and yay for Yasmina :clap:

I feel like Evgenia has a lot of personality and Amber doesn't (at least today she lacked personality). Medvedeva was outstanding. :)