2014 JGP Courchevel Junior Ladies FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 JGP Courchevel Junior Ladies FS

YLFan

Match Penalty
It was funny in the medal ceremony, the kid gave Medvedeva her medal and then when the presenter came to her she was surprised she already had her medal on.

doug_log

On the Ice
I think she did 2T+2T before, so her 2T on 3S s invalid.

Thanks Elif. I thought that the zayak rule only applied to triples, though. Am I wrong? I remember the ISU limited the number of permissible 2As to TWO, when there previously had been no limit. Was this when they also limited ALL double jumps?

samson

Medalist
I wonder why they made that rule change. Sometimes it feels like they really are trying to paint the skaters into a corner by being so limiting. I suppose it means we'll see more double loops, or maybe the thinking is it will force skaters to go for the triple triples etc... but man idk... this rule seams pretty tough to me.

shine

Record Breaker
Medvedeva seems to have improved her jumps and skating skills since last season - good to see! But I am still kind of meh about her. Although the LP is better than the SP for sure, even with the weird cuts.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Just watched the final flight, I think Medvedava showed much better musicality than JuliaLip and improved from last season. Her jumping technique and spins are not stellar such as full-blade toe pick. but if she can survive puberty, she will have a bright future. I guess it is the choreo that makes people feel meh about her. the LP choreo is untraditional but showed her performance variety and I like it. Amber is clearly determined and want to win here, perhaps put too much pressure on herself. I like her jumping technique a lot. she is fierce, powerful and tried hard to perform, it is just not her day. I hope she can pull this fabulous program off in the future. She also need to work on her footwork.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Just watched the final flight, I think Medvedava showed much better musicality than JuliaLip and improved from last season. Her jumping technique and spins are not stellar such as full-blade toe pick. but if she can survive puberty, she will have a bright future. I guess it is the choreo that makes people feel meh about her. the LP choreo is untraditional but showed her performance variety and I like it. Amber is clearly determined and want to win here, perhaps put too much pressure on herself. I like her jumping technique a lot. she is fierce, powerful and tried hard to perform, it is just not her day. I hope she can pull this fabulous program off in the future. She also need to work on her footwork.

I saw Amber do this program back in June at the Bluebonnet Open. I have to say, since that point she has improved the program quite a bit as far as her arms, extension, and expression go. Obviously there is still a ways to go, but she's showing improvement artistically. Good for her coaching team on hiring Rohene Ward. My sense is similar to yours, that the jumps are there and the nerves just really got the better of her here.

Shani

On the Ice
Thought Amber did great today. Since she tested up to senior in USA and competed in summer competitions she's actually practicing four programs and an exhibition. Some mistakes. It's early in the season and her attitude was great. She's just starting the season and put it in perspective. Thrilled with her medal. She's fourteen and very good. She will improve. Glad she enjoyed it despite her nerves, and congrats on a lovely skate to Medvedava.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
It was a little hard watching Yasmina's SP since it was a surprise for me but when I watched her LP I got to see how much fun she had on the ice. :bow: Going out there doing what she loves and not caring what others think of her; its amazing.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It was a little hard watching Yasmina's SP since it was a surprise for me but when I watched her LP I got to see how much fun she had on the ice. :bow: Going out there doing what she loves and not caring what others think of her; its amazing.

In case Yasmina El Harim's FS video was not posted earlier in this thread:

I hope she has some idea of how uplifting her skating is for all of us. :yay:

Anybody know why icenetwork isn't covering this?

IN did cover JGP Courchevel.
IN has published two articles, one photo gallery, and four installments of Chase Belmontes' blog.

The ISU provided free live streaming with no geoblocking.
It would have been redundant for IN to do the same.