Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1475 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Fluture

Record Breaker
Competing in GP Russia with all the girls who jump quads and 3A I don't think it's a good idea.

Well, but this is what we‘re looking at for this season anyway. And I disagree that, at this point in time, she should try to get back to Canada for a GP.

Obviously, it‘s madness to compete in CoR vs. SCI, sure. But this is ONE GP event, without chances to earn WR points and nobody even knows about prize money or SB yet. She would have to quarantine two weeks for it and then two weeks again once she gets back to Russia for Nationals. That’s a significant disadvantage compared to the other girls. And what about the GPF? If it even goes ahead, the quarantine time would collide right with Russian Nationals, or at least disrupt the training of the girls who qualified. Who would even want to take part in a GPF like that, if it came with so much lost training process?

Besides, she will have to compete at the Cup of Russia stages this season to qualify for Russian Nationals. And realistically, it‘s going to be a National event that will qualify girls for the Olympics next year. So, instead of hoping for a relatively easy GP that might not even happen, she should compete until her feet hurt in Russia to get a favorable position with the fed and prove that she‘s stable and reliable, even if she might not outright win due to BV. It’s always good to have a experienced veteran as a sort of “security net“ on the team, especially with so many girls competing risky elements. She has to show them that she‘s the best and only one who‘d qualify for that spot. And realistically, NOW‘s the ONE and likely ONLY chance she gets to prove that. It‘s not going to be easy because she‘s already out of favor with RusFed but that‘s exactly why she has to do it in the first place if she wants as much as a chance. Sitting in Canada with Brian and Tracy and competing at SCI might be easier but it‘s - strategically - not the right thing to do. Competing in Russia with Buyanova at the boards, however... IMO at least.

pandatours

On the Ice
Well another option would be to take a test when coming into the country and when its negative you wouldnt need the 14 days quarantine. I dont know how its done in other cou tries but for example in germany the people coming from their vacation can take a free test to avoid the 14 days if the test is negative

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Unfortunately due to the way covid behaves a negative test upon arrival doesn’t really mean much. Also, it’s up to Canada to decide how to proceed.

Even though I am quite anxious, Brian is right in that the focus for now should be on test skates. I’m excited for crop top season again

Fluture

Record Breaker
Btw, there were some rumours about Zhenya changing to Plushenko. Someone asked her in the comments this was her answer:

прекратите вакханалию я нашла своё место в жизни и своих людей мне не нужно ничего менять и вы займитесь свлими делами

In Russian, if anyone who’s native in the language wants to translate. This is what my translation app says:

Stop the ?? (that word was untranslatable somehow lol). I found my place in life and my people and I don‘t need to change anything. And you‘re gonna do your thing. (Edit: you should mind your own business)

So, unless the translation is totally messed up, I think we‘re save to say Zhenya‘s gonna stay right where she is. :)

Edit: Haha later, when the user who asked about the rumors thanked for her answer, Zhenya replied the following:

The answer is not only for you, but also those who hinted at sensationalism.

That should make it pretty clear. :agree:

Another edit: a fan account Champion_bear on instagram just posted the real translation and it looks like I was pretty close. :laugh:

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Evgenia Medvedeva will conduct morning exercises at the Russian Ministry of Sports.

As part of the implementation of the federal project "Sport is the norm of life" of the national project "Demography", on August 6 at 10:30 Moscow time,

the Ministry of Sports of the Russian Federation will hold morning exercises, which will be conducted by the Honored Master of Sports of Russia, two-time Olympic medalist, two-time world champion in figure skating Evgenia Medvedeva. More than 100 people, representatives of all ages, will take part in the exercise.

After the event, the Minister of Sports of the Russian Federation, Oleg Matytsin, will meet with Medvedeva, during which the Minister will launch the "Sport is the norm of life" program. Medvedeva will become the first ambassador of the federal project "Sport is the Norm of Life" of the national project "Demography".

The goal of the "Sport is the norm of life" project is to bring the number of people regularly involved in sports up to 70% of the total population of the country by 2030. To achieve this goal, comprehensive work is being carried out to improve the sports infrastructure and develop mass sports in the country. As part of the project, many mass competitions are held in Russia.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDgcE0OJvtl/?igshid=1lk55mnqf7svf

Fluture

Record Breaker
That‘s kind of cool that she’s become an ambassador for this project and I‘m sure she‘ll do more than fine. The only thing that concerns me is the “More than 100 people will take part“. Let‘s just hope they‘ll all wear masks, I guess?

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
That‘s kind of cool that she’s become an ambassador for this project and I‘m sure she‘ll do more than fine. The only thing that concerns me is the “More than 100 people will take part“. Let‘s just hope they‘ll all wear masks, I guess?

The exercise will be on a football field

Fluture

Record Breaker
A World Champion in Roller skating skated Zhenya‘s Tosca Step Sequence! :clap:

https://instagram.com/stories/_paups/2369128899899616485?igshid=l7bg28mz4ljp

And Zhenya‘s got a sponsored travel post, similar to the one she did last year about Japan. She says she had planned to travel to Italy with her friends after the end of this season but it obviously didn‘t work out. She still shows some of Italy‘s most beautiful places and hopes she‘ll able to visit them once these difficult times end.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDg16uaKCim/?igshid=cjnb1vlczsw5

Honestly, I like these travel posts. They‘re obviously sponsored (and good for her, really, after all the summer shows were canceled) but they‘ve got a personal touch, too.

pandatours

On the Ice
I'm absolutely in love with the style of drawing she did for Mariah. The details in her dress are spectacular!

It's also very frustrating that she has to continuously address false rumors. In this case, I never believed them but I know they were started by a "journalist" who mistakenly believed that due to the situation Zhenya moved back to Russia permanently to train. Honestly just let her (and the other girls) live!

Scott512

Record Breaker
Apparently GP series isn't canceled and begins in October. Only athletes from the host country or those who train there will perform there, the rest will do virtually.

https://mobile.twitter.com/InTheLoPodcast/status/1290459581932548096

Very unfair to skaters who have been unable to reach their training bases due to the closure of borders and who probably have to compete having trained for months away from them and their coaches.

Agreed. This is an unfortunate situation. But we have to see how it plays out. Evgenia will have to be ready for test skates with Brian
thousands of miles away. Again this is unfortunate but it is what it is and Zhenya will roll with the punches.