Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1085 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Watch

Final Flight
Has anyone managed to translate it?
Or know what they are saying?

There isn't that much of substance to translate, they're mostly just having some lighthearted fun. Like the first picture Zhenya's poimting at (at 00:11), she says "That's what I look like when I fall on jumps".
In the interview she says she's staying in Moscow only for a week and has a lot to do and also wants to see all her friends in between. Says she loves walking around Moscow's city center.

When asked if there're times when she wants to drop the sport and live a normal life, she says that no, even when she feels especially frustrated, she reminds herself how much she was able to experience thanks to figure skating, how much she traveled, how fortunate she is to be able to do all of that etc.

Then she's asked about her dreams and she says that she sees a difference between "dreams" and "goals" - dreams in her understanding are things that are out of one's reach, and so she tries not to have dreams, but to set herself goals. Her dreams would be things like her parents living forever or her being able to work without ever getting tired and never having to deal with injuries.

And that's about it. Also, she looks so good in the video. This hairdo suits her so well!

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
She also did a jump in the “Pump up the 90s” group number ending the first act, though I was sitting far away and didn’t quite catch which it was.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I wish we could see Orange Coloured Sky again in a show... I think it would fit well in here... :( but she skated so many different exhibition programs last off-season, maybe we‘ll see it one day.

Anyway, glad to see Zhenya jump again. Her 3S looked great and she seems to be having a lot of fun. Good for her. :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwwgNovnYnj/?igshid=1ngjm8dktb7a7

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwxVtXXBYXm/?igshid=u5vsed3cw4ch

May03

Spectator
There isn't that much of substance to translate, they're mostly just having some lighthearted fun. Like the first picture Zhenya's poimting at (at 00:11), she says "That's what I look like when I fall on jumps".
In the interview she says she's staying in Moscow only for a week and has a lot to do and also wants to see all her friends in between. Says she loves walking around Moscow's city center.

When asked if there're times when she wants to drop the sport and live a normal life, she says that no, even when she feels especially frustrated, she reminds herself how much she was able to experience thanks to figure skating, how much she traveled, how fortunate she is to be able to do all of that etc.

Then she's asked about her dreams and she says that she sees a difference between "dreams" and "goals" - dreams in her understanding are things that are out of one's reach, and so she tries not to have dreams, but to set herself goals. Her dreams would be things like her parents living forever or her being able to work without ever getting tired and never having to deal with injuries.

Thank you for this! I just had no clue what the video was about and I was curious.

Maju

On the Ice
So I think we will see a 4s in the 20/21 season. Mabye sooner cause we know how zhenya likes to surprise.
I hope she can include it this season. Just like Alena Ko I don’t want her to be left off the podium because she doesn’t have a quad jump.
I know Zhenya is looking towards 2022 though and her coaching team have her best interests at heart.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker

Fluture

Record Breaker
Is he serious???? ..... ehhhhm

And that‘s exactly why I was hesitant about Zhenya working with him. I love his choreographic work but comments like this are just unnecessary and don‘t help anybody. :disapp:

50%? Yeah, sure, that would totally work. Let’s just take as many students as possible then, and as soon as they leave... there you go, easy way to make money. :laugh2: