Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1086 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
And that‘s exactly why I was hesitant about Zhenya working with him. I love his choreographic work but comments like this are just unnecessary and don‘t help anybody. :disapp:

50%? Yeah, sure, that would totally work. Let’s just take as many students as possible then, and as soon as they leave... there you go, easy way to make money. :laugh2:
Silence is gold sometimes.... LOL
I feel like journalists keep on asking to interview him because they know that he likes to talk lol. Hope the program he gives Zhenya is at least beautiful........ she deserves it at this point with how much he talks about her...

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Silence is gold sometimes.... LOL
I feel like journalists keep on asking to interview him because they know that he likes to talk lol. Hope the program he gives Zhenya is at least beautiful........ she deserves it at this point with how much he talks about her...

If the program does not work, she'll go back to Tosca.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And that‘s exactly why I was hesitant about Zhenya working with him. I love his choreographic work but comments like this are just unnecessary and don‘t help anybody. :disapp:

50%? Yeah, sure, that would totally work. Let’s just take as many students as possible then, and as soon as they leave... there you go, easy way to make money. :laugh2:

And does this mean Orser gets money for Lilibet?

Fluture

Record Breaker
And does this mean Orser gets money for Lilibet?

According to Averbukh‘s logic, he should. I bet he hasn‘t thought that one through, though. I have the feeling he‘s thinking of someone else who should earn money from Zhenya and nobody else. ;)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to Averbukh‘s logic, he should. I bet he hasn‘t thought that one through, though. I have the feeling he‘s thinking of someone else who should earn money from Zhenya and nobody else. ;)

And what about Zhenya's first coach from when she was 3-7. She taught her a lot too.

luanddu

On the Ice

What worries me is that if Zhenya somehow has problems with the program he choreographs for her, he'll start criticizing her straight away. He just can't contain himself.

New topic lol
Zhenya just posted on instagram. She slept for 14 hours :D sounds like a good rest

Zhenya how can you sleep so much :laugh:

Fluture

Record Breaker
What worries me is that if Zhenya somehow has problems with the program he choreographs for her, he'll start criticizing her straight away. He just can't contain himself.

Zhenya how can you sleep so much :laugh:

Exactly. And she really needs someone who‘s supportive of her in the Russian media. I thought Averbukh could be that but he just likes to hear himself talk too much. I just hope everything will be fine, this really has me worried right now.

Well, I‘m not a professional athlete, let alone a figure skater but I have managed that sometimes, too. So, I can say it‘s definitely possible. :laugh:

MissBeeFarm

On the Ice
Why are the people watching so silent? I mean even I know alot of those songs and would have been at least singing them with the music or a clapping ?and I am only 22? These are songs that any adult should have heard and know?

Haha, some of the audience actually looks a bit too old to like 90s music. And the rest is probably too busy filming with their phones (not that I'm complaining as we get the videos). :laugh:

I really like the group number. Very fun. :dance3:

melgirl25

Medalist
Exactly. And she really needs someone who‘s supportive of her in the Russian media. I thought Averbukh could be that but he just likes to hear himself talk too much. I just hope everything will be fine, this really has me worried right now.

Well, I‘m not a professional athlete, let alone a figure skater but I have managed that sometimes, too. So, I can say it‘s definitely possible. :laugh:

This man. He is like a ticking time bomb. It seems like he wants credit right? Didn't he say a while ago in an interview that the programs that made Zhenya iconic, W.E. and River Flows In you were made by him, therefore he is partly responsible for her success. Okay I will give him that. Doesn't the fact that Zhenya has chosen to work with him again - after experiencing some North American choreographers - say something? He should be proud of that because it says something about him.

If he were smart, he would make a great program and be supportive this season no matter what. He could get more clients at TCC! Misha Ge worked with another TCC skater after Zhenya. It could be because Misha made such a good impression to Brian and the team and other skaters and coaches wanted to work with him. Do this Ilia.

DeeDee18

On the Ice
:rofl:

Seriously though, Brian does not even get anything from Evgenia’s show and ad money. Evgenia’s agent said so himself in an interview.

Yeah, like Aver didn't even think this through
1. Orser refused to take % winnings and doesn't make anything off Zhenya because...
2. She pays for her lessons HERSELF (Not Russian Fed, where in Russia coaches are paid by the fed and students pay nothing)
3. So is team eteri /any other coach gonna pay 50% to all coaches that prepped their students before transferring to eteri / any other coach?

Like I don't understand whose side he's on half the time. I guess it depends on the weather

Wheelz

On the Ice
This man. He is like a ticking time bomb. It seems like he wants credit right? Didn't he say a while ago in an interview that the programs that made Zhenya iconic, W.E. and River Flows In you were made by him, therefore he is partly responsible for her success. Okay I will give him that. Doesn't the fact that Zhenya has chosen to work with him again - after experiencing some North American choreographers - say something? He should be proud of that because it says something about him.

If he were smart, he would make a great program and be supportive this season no matter what. He could get more clients at TCC! Misha Ge worked with another TCC skater after Zhenya. It could be because Misha made such a good impression to Brian and the team and other skaters and coaches wanted to work with him. Do this Ilia.

I think we should respect Zhenya’s decision for right now. I’m more worried that she’s going to be starting her 2019-2020 preparation late again.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Who? Ilya? From what has happened in Evgenias career she does not seem to be phased by much if anything. She just focuses and does her work and enjoys her career and life. I'm sure Mr. Averbuhk is thrilled to be working with Zhenya again. For me there is nothing to worry about. Zhenya has been adulting for years.

melgirl25

Medalist
I think we should respect Zhenya’s decision for right now. I’m more worried that she’s going to be starting her 2019-2020 preparation late again.

I have always thought it would be good to work with him again. Glad it’s happening so soon tbh.

Yeah it’s interesting that she is starting so late. Hopefully she can practice her short program at the shows in Japan.