Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1101 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Flerdelis

Spectator
Genuinely curious, how does calling Alina his "muse" hurt Evgenia in any way? He has always choreographed for Alina while he has never choreographed for Evgenia. Also, he said they picked the music before the holidays, meaning it was not intentional.

He put Eugenia Sailor Moon and Anna Karenina.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I would love an Exo program. They were so sweet to her at the Olympics.

I would love that too.

I miss her old Lutz entry. It was so much better back then. I had hoped that with Brian she could maybe learn to get back to that odl technique

It actually didn‘t look like a real flutz here, more like a flat to slightly inside edge. That’s what most girls at Worlds 2019 in the top ten had. If she could somehow get back to that old technique while keeping the flow in and out of the jump she has now, she could actually include two lutzes in her programs. Should we talk about layouts or is it too early? I need a distraction from all the drama. She could put the 3F+2T+2T in the second half of the program, it will increase BV a bit. And if she can, she could do a 2Lo on the end. But only if it‘s stable, or otherwise the low GOE might not make it worth it. Of course, if she added the 4S, it would be worth it even with a fall and UR. She could be doing three combos then. Something like this:

3Lz
3S+3Lo
2A
FCSp4
ChSq1
3Lo
2A+3Tx
3F+2T+2Lox
3Fx
FCCoSp4
StSq4
CCoSp4

If the Salchow doesn‘t work out. BV: 63.61

4S<
2A+3Lo
3F+Eu+3S
FCSp4
ChSq1
3Lz
2A+3Tx
3Fx
3Lox
FCCoSp4
StSq4
CCoSp4

With the Salchow. I included an UR on the quad because it‘s likely she won‘t land it the first few attempts. BV: 67.55

So, the difference here is obvious. A quad can do a lot, because it allows you to attempt three 3-3 combinations. I think Zhenya could do a beautiful +Eu+3S combination. I chose the flip because it seemed like the easiest jump for her to put that combo on. I don‘t think we‘ll see a layout like that any time soon. It will likely take some time to develop the quad first, then the Euler combo. But I was just thinking about what might be possible in the lead up to Beijing. If she stays healthy of course.

https://skatingscores.com/bv/

I used this to work out the BV. I‘m sorry if I did something wrongly, Maths isn‘t my strength.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Daniil has been involved in a lot of her programs, some of which people already mentioned. The Madonna EX as his too, and I'm sure since he's the choreographer of the group, no matter how involved Eteri is, he was involved a lot in her programs too. Especially all the EXs.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
While I don't think it was the best way to react to the news, what bothers me is seeing the same people who defended Eteri for that interview when Zhenya left last year using the same argument of "she's old enough" for Zhenya too now. Yet it was the "wrong" argument when people were defending Zhenya.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
While I don't think it was the best way to react to the news, what bothers me is seeing the same people who defended Eteri for that interview when Zhenya left last year using the same argument of "she's old enough" for Zhenya too now. Yet it was the "wrong" argument when people were defending Zhenya.
Don't even try to post that cause they won't understand what you mean or just say oh that was a year ago or soemthing like that. You see it in the russian ladies thread, most are harping on about zhenyas reaction and how could she do that on someone's birthday,

May03

Spectator
As Zhenya fans we should be the bigger person in this situation. Who knows if it was a coincidence choosing this exact music or not. It is what it is, and while it is upsetting, we shall move on. Hate comments towards anyone are never justified and do no good. If this happens, you know the drill, report and block.

Watch

Final Flight
I've been away for the weekend and looks like I've missed a lot, huh? :shocked: Trying to understand what the drama's about.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I've been away for the weekend and looks like I've missed a lot, huh? :shocked: Trying to understand what the drama's about.

Basically Zhenya has been gushing about Billie Eilish‘s music for some time now, even publishing an interview declaring her as her favourite singer and saying Bad Guy (a song by Billie) is her favourite. Today Daniil and Alina announced this as Alina‘s new exhibition song. Alina has never shown any interest whatsoever in Billie and her music. That’s what leads people to think it was an intentional choice by Alina/Daniil to throw shade at Zhenya and provoke her.

Upon finding out the news Zhenya posted a cheeky image of one of Eilish‘s other songs “copycats“ on her story and liked comments that said things like “copying is the most flattering sign of admiration“ (roughly translated) or “when you sleep twelve hours and wake up to find out your new exhibition music was taken.“ Now people think she‘s immature and petty towards poor Daniil who certainly never saw the said Zhenya interview that was all over the news and keeps popping up in youtube and insta, even if you don‘t follow her. ;)

Watch

Final Flight
Basically Zhenya has been gushing about Billie Eilish‘s music for some time now, even publishing an interview declaring her as her favourite singer and saying Bad Guy (a song by Billie) is her favourite. Today Daniil and Alina announced this as Alina‘s new exhibition song. Alina has never shown any interest whatsoever in Billie and her music. That’s what leads people to think it was an intentional choice by Alina/Daniil to throw shade at Zhenya and provoke her.

Upon finding out the news Zhenya posted a cheeky image of one of Eilish‘s other songs “copycats“ on her story and liked comments that said things like “copying is the most flattering sign of admiration“ (roughly translated) or “when you sleep twelve hours and wake up to find out your new exhibition music was taken.“ Now people think she‘s immature and petty towards poor Daniil who certainly never saw the said Zhenya interview that was all over the news and keeps popping up in youtube and insta, even if you don‘t follow her. ;)

Thanks for the write up!

And oh boy

skatingfan200

Medalist

+ According to fso, Misha Ge liked a comment about Zhenya and Billie and posted a instastory about Billie what suggest that Zhenya wanted to skate to Billie in Japan.
http://fso.forum.cool/viewtopic.php?id=1684&p=33