Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1195 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Fluture

Record Breaker
Looks like there will be a livestream with Zhenya tomorrow (It says Monday). 20:00 Moscow time, I‘m guessing. Fans can ask questions and as far as I understood the translation, she will answer them and person who asked the question she likes best will get a prize/present? That’s awesome. We could ask her about her layout/plans/costumes and see whether she answers. :biggrin:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B135OeuIYqp/?igshid=jsa0p29qlwqz

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Looks like there will be a livestream with Zhenya tomorrow (It says Monday). 20:00 Moscow time, I‘m guessing. Fans can ask questions and as far as I understood the translation, she will answer them and person who asked the question she likes best will get a prize/present? That’s awesome. We could ask her about her layout/plans/costumes and see whether she answers. :biggrin:

Not just anybody will host this live stream, but the lovely Emma Gadzhiyeva. Emma in my opinion has done nothing but very nice, insightful yet respectful interview with figure skaters, and has her own games to play by her guests. Wonder how Yevgeniya will respond to Emma's and our questions :)

Here you can leave your questions for Zhenya: https://vk.com/wall-134705837_57283

Fluture

Record Breaker
Hi. I know this is off-topic and I'm risking to get a warning about it but if anyone has some experience with seats and tickets at ISU championships and which ones are the best to buy (where the view is best), please be so kind and send me a PM. :thank: I'm kind of lost right now, trying to get the best tickets and not knowing the best way to go about it. I've never been to a really big ISU competition myself, only smaller JGP. Since Zhenya might be competing at Euros... please be kind enough and consider it on topic, at least until I get an answer. :biggrin:

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Hi. I know this is off-topic and I'm risking to get a warning about it but if anyone has some experience with seats and tickets at ISU championships and which ones are the best to buy (where the view is best), please be so kind and send me a PM. :thank: I'm kind of lost right now, trying to get the best tickets and not knowing the best way to go about it. I've never been to a really big ISU competition myself, only smaller JGP. Since Zhenya might be competing at Euros... please be kind enough and consider it on topic, at least until I get an answer. :biggrin:

:eek:topic:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Good luck! :biggrin:

melgirl25

Medalist
I also am excited to know what other tracks from memoirs of a geisha she will use so I can add them to my play list

Oh and seeing the JVN posts related to Zhenya.

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist

One thing I learned about watching live competitions is not getting the first/second row seats unless you enjoy seeing yourself in all the uploaded videos later (with your unfiltered reaction/facial expressions, no less :laugh:)

Fluture

Record Breaker
One thing I learned about watching live competitions is not getting the first/second row seats unless you enjoy seeing yourself in all the uploaded videos later (with your unfiltered reaction/facial expressions, no less :laugh:)

Oh god, no I would not enjoy that. My reactions while watching skating are almost comical, especially if my favourites are on. :laugh: Good thing then that I took seats in row 6 on the side of the judges... that's okay, I guess? I just decided to go with it because I was scared I wouldn't get any tickets at all if I didn't buy them now. So, only thing to pray for now is that Zhenya will fight her way to Euros somehow! Nationals are going to be even more stressful this year. I'm even more excited right now, can't wait for the season to start. :hap10:

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany

Oh no, I got myself a second row seat for Euros. It'll be my first competition and I thought I might be hidden a bit by the person in front of me. :laugh:

Fluture

Record Breaker
Oh no, I got myself a second row seat for Euros. It'll be my first competition and I thought I might be hidden a bit by the person in front of me. :laugh:

Well, I sat in the first few rows (second or third, I think?) during the JGP Linz and I think I could only spot myself once on the official broadcast. Of course, it's a JGP and hardly comparable to a competition like Euros but still... if you're small, the person in front of you might actually hide you. (but then again, I have no experience with this) Or just buy some flags of the skaters' country and wave them in front of your face whenever you feel the camera is on you. :laugh:

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
Oh god, no I would not enjoy that. My reactions while watching skating are almost comical, especially if my favourites are on. :laugh: Good thing then that I took seats in row 6 on the side of the judges... that's okay, I guess? I just decided to went with it because I was scared I wouldn't get any tickets at all if I didn't buy them now. So, only thing to pray for now is that Zhenya will fight her way to Euros somehow! Nationals are going to be even more stressful this year. I'm even more excited right now, can't wait for the season to start. :hap10:

I bet she will! :hap10:

:laugh:

One advantage is you feel so close to the skaters - last year in SCI, it felt like if I just stretched my arm a little, I could tap Zhenya on her shoulder when she skated in front of me.

Which reminds me - Zhenya is so mesmerizing in person. She just commands your attention - it is impossible to look at anybody else. So be ready for that :love:

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
I bet she will! :hap10:

One advantage is you feel so close to the skaters - last year in SCI, it felt like if I just stretched my arm a little, I could tap Zhenya on her shoulder when she skated in front of me.

Which reminds me - Zhenya is so mesmerizing in person. She just commands your attention - it is impossible to look at anybody else. So be ready for that :love:

I LOVE this! that's exactly how I felt during the JGP Worlds practice. I could feel the breeze of them skating by! So I definitely don't mind being shown in the video :laugh:

Lachinka

Spectator

Speaking from my previous experience, seats further away from the rink are actually preferable. You can see every movement of the skater when you sit on an upper level. I was at Euros 16' and we got tickets to the middle somewhere over row 20-25 and it was just perfect. You dont lose the connection with the skater and overall it's a much more complex experience.

Of course, if you want to tickle her or look her in the eyes, first rows are the way to go! :laugh:

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Well, I sat in the first few rows (second or third, I think?) during the JGP Linz and I think I could only spot myself once on the official broadcast. Of course, it's a JGP and hardly comparable to a competition like Euros but still... if you're small, the person in front of you might actually hide you. (but then again, I have no experience with this) Or just buy some flags of the skaters' country and wave them in front of your face whenever you feel the camera is on you. :laugh:

Good idea with the flags! :laugh:

Sounds great, I'm so excited already! :eek::

Lachinka

Spectator
Is anyone actually looking forward to Rusnats more than Euros? I know Euros have the prestige and medals and rating, but Rusnats its actually the best of Europe and no one can doubt that. I wish Russia had like 12 spots for euros. The fact its still not sure whether we can see Zhenya there drives me bananas. I know the is GP for this purpose, but still... sigh...

Lachinka

Spectator
Do you call yourself somehow special for being a Zhenya fan? I heard there are some Medvebots around or something like this, but for me, it sounds a bit fanatic, and thats certainly an impression I do not wish to make :laugh:

Do we have anything less "brainwashed" (pardon me the word, but the suffix -bot is kind of... empty mind indicator for me)
So any decent ideas?

Placebo11

On the Ice
Is anyone actually looking forward to Rusnats more than Euros? I know Euros have the prestige and medals and rating, but Rusnats its actually the best of Europe and no one can doubt that. I wish Russia had like 12 spots for euros. The fact its still not sure whether we can see Zhenya there drives me bananas. I know the is GP for this purpose, but still... sigh...

The competition at the Russian Nationals is the toughest in the world. Can't say I'm looking forward, I'm scared. I hope all my pessimism will prove me wrong. :)

Lachinka

Spectator

Translation confirmed :) Emma is gonna pick the best questions and the one Zhenya likes the most gets a present :)

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Do you call yourself somehow special for being a Zhenya fan? I heard there are some Medvebots around or something like this, but for me, it sounds a bit fanatic, and thats certainly an impression I do not wish to make :laugh:

Do we have anything less "brainwashed" (pardon me the word, but the suffix -bot is kind of... empty mind indicator for me)
So any decent ideas?

I've only heard Medvebot in a negative context so far but I don't think there is a regularly used name for her fanbase actually. I'm not very creative when it comes to things like that so I can't provide an idea right now. :D

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Fluture

You mailbox is full.. :dbana: