Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1248 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope Evgenia had a great day off. The last two and a half weeks have been crazy for her.
So, I hope she slept late and did something fun today. :)

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
I hope Evgenia had a great day off. The last two and a half weeks have been crazy for her.
So, I hope she slept late and did something fun today. :)

True! The past three weeks were such a whirlwind.

So after watching Zhenya’s FS a few more time (ok, many, many times because I love it), I decided my favorite part is the choreo sequence! It’s so bright and sparkly. I love, love, love it!

(Team Orser has a video of just the choreo sequence: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2buZG9HVb_/?hl=en)

What’s your favorite part?

Placebo11

On the Ice

So after watching Zhenya’s FS a few more time (ok, many, many times because I Love it), I decided my favorite part is the choreo sequence! It’s so bright and sparkly, if that even makes sense. I love, love, love it!

(Team Orser has a video of just the choreo sequence: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2buZG9HVb_/?hl=en)

That's also my favorite part!

Shedi0806

On the Ice

So after watching Zhenya’s FS a few more time (ok, many, many times because I Love it), I decided my favorite part is the choreo sequence! It’s so bright and sparkly, if that even makes sense. I love, love, love it!

My fav is gonna be the step sequence. Once she does more runthroughs she will own it more and I think it will be stunning. The ending is so powerful as well.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

The ending. She does a few intricate steps. It's a dramatic ending. :thumbsup:

Fluture

Record Breaker
I turned away from this forum the last few days but I‘m back now. (Yes, after the competition has ended because I‘m a coward :laugh: ) Just a few thoughts:

I love her programs. Obviously she was tired so everything wasn‘t perfect yet but she “competed“ at Test skates just a few days before... soo... who cares. And all I wanted was to see the programs with clean jumps and it happened so early, just a few tight landings. I‘ve been watching them over and over again for the past days. I think there‘s lots of things to add, her step sequence will look faster and sharper when she‘s not as tired. The choreo sequence is bright and beautiful. I also love the transition out of the second 3Lz, even if it got < and e...

For the costumes... It‘s kind of funny how Zhenya‘s splitting the FS community. (Again. Lol) Some either absolutely hate them (especially the SP) and others love them. Can I say that I do both? Like, they‘re amazing but they‘re also... not? Somehow? I fell in love with the FS dress the instant I saw it. It looks so intricate and I had envisioned something really different, with lots of pink and white. But I‘m not a fan of those dresses anyway, so I‘m happy. I knew the dress would be very complicated, with lots going on, that‘s just how the designer‘s dresses all are. I‘m not in love with the sleeves, they look kind of heavy and I wish we could see those amazing, detailed hand gestures she does better. The gloves hide them a bit. The SP bodysuit shows her lines and fits the song. I‘m not sure if I like the way it looks and it‘s so different from what I imagined that I guess, I‘ll just have to get used to it. But she‘s happy and that‘s the most important. Remember last year, when Tracy had to cut the stones from the SP dress last minute before the program? What a difference a year can make! :laugh:

Now that Zhenya‘s first competition is over, I feel like I can finally relax. Until Shanghai Trophy. But I‘m glad she‘s competing a lot this year. The entry list for Shanghai Trophy is out, it seems? Looks like Eunsoo, Elizabet, Zhenya and two other ladies will compete? (Liang Yi and Hongyi Chen? - sorry if the spelling is off, I read them from an instagram story) No sixth entry?

And here‘s a Tracy and Zhenya meme just because I found it funny:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2c7xPcpK2-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Maia96

On the Ice
After watched Zhenya's programs infinitely I can say that I really love them and I think they have a lot of potential. Unfortunately we have seen these days that if you don't have A3 or quads it's impossible to win. That's why I wish that Zhenya can achieve that 4S and who knows something else later. I would be sorry if her season was summed up to 2 GP and the Nationals. But if that happens I wouldn't mind if she used both programs next season because I love them and I want to see them many times.
Anyway, I think that even without 4S both programs have a lot to improve and she can get more points just by improving them. I even seemed to see some part of the choreography that she showed in the tests skate didn't show in ACI. But I'm not sure and I don't want to see the tests again.

I'm glad that she was able to skate both programs cleanly. In her situation, after the tests skate and the avalanche of ruthless criticism and the joy of the junk press and fans of a certain coach, you couldn't ask for more. Leaving her country on sunday like that must be psychologically terrible. So offering two performances like the ones she offered at ACI three days later is a great achievement. She really felt tired at the end of her FP and as she said she trained only one day for that competition.

Regarding the costumes, at first didn't convince me. But after seeing it several times I can say that I really like it.
I never imagined a bodysuit. Not anyone can use it but she can. It really seems like she was floating on the ice in that program. Her skating has become so soft ... and I love it.
Regarding Kimono, after looking at it in detail, it's really gorgeous. I love it and it's so different from what we have seen in her. Perhaps the only thing that doesn't convince me are the black gloves because it doesn't allow to clearly see the sleeves and the movements of their hands.

And the most important, she said she feels as comfortable as 2,3,4 years ago. And when I saw her sitting in the Kiss and Cry and waiting for her score, I could really see that face from 2,3,4 ago. Of course, she's calmer than before, but she looked happy and that's what matters.

Watch

Final Flight
I turned away from this forum the last few days but I‘m back now. (Yes, after the competition has ended because I‘m a coward :laugh: ) Just a few thoughts:

Welcome back! I get the impulse 😂 personally, I've just mostly evacuated from the Russian Ladies thread and called it a day.