Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1352 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

ecr1221

Rinkside
If she's 5th in Grand Prix points this season how did she not make the Grand Prix final since there are six spots for the final?

She got 2nd and 5th at her events. The method of deter.ining who goes is points. Since she got 2nd (13) and 5th (7) points, she has only 20 points, unlike skaters who got only 1st, 2nd, 3rd (or a combination of the above). Skaters who got 2nd and 4th (Bradie Tennel for one), also have more points than here.
The next tie breaker is highest placing. While she would tie for the top 6 spots with this, she is already ranked at a highest of 10th overall, because she only has 20 points.
The 435 points refers to her combined scores at both of the grand prixs. This is used as the next tie breaker, but she is already ranked down at 10th, and therefore cannot be in the top 6, since points is the first thing to rank.

Rexarcadia

On the Ice
While it's sad not having Zhenya at GPF, I have to admit it's better for my stress levels lol. I'm just glad she's healthy and happy. That's the most important thing.

Scott512

Record Breaker
She got 2nd and 5th at her events. The method of deter.ining who goes is points. Since she got 2nd (13) and 5th (7) points, she has only 20 points, unlike skaters who got only 1st, 2nd, 3rd (or a combination of the above). Skaters who got 2nd and 4th (Bradie Tennel for one), also have more points than here.
The next tie breaker is highest placing. While she would tie for the top 6 spots with this, she is already ranked at a highest of 10th overall, because she only has 20 points.
The 435 points refers to her combined scores at both of the grand prixs. This is used as the next tie breaker, but she is already ranked down at 10th, and therefore cannot be in the top 6, since points is the first thing to rank.

Thanks. I guess it makes sense. ;)

Sherkane

Rinkside
It is actually a blessing that Zhenia couldn’t get to the Grand Prix final this year. The results of the GPF won’t define her as they may Rika and Alina, who were crushed by the news queens of figure skating. I particularly feel sorry for Alina. She is living the nightmare that Zhenia anticipated when she left Eteri’s team.

I am glad that Zhenia can train in a sheltered, non stress-inducing environment where she can calmly work on upgrading her technical content.

Maia96

On the Ice
It is actually a blessing that Zhenia couldn’t get to the Grand Prix final this year. The results of the GPF won’t define her as they may Rika and Alina, who were crushed by the news queens of figure skating. I particularly feel sorry for Alina. She is living the nightmare that Zhenia anticipated when she left Eteri’s team.

I am glad that Zhenia can train in a sheltered, non stress-inducing environment where she can calmly work on upgrading her technical content.

I totally agree with you!

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
I felt that Medvedeva has stronger skates than Zagitova this season. Zagitova benefitted from her events much more so than Medvedeva. I don’t necessarily feel sad or pity for either. Medvedeva knew what was coming and she made a touch decision to benefit herself. Zagitova trains daily with the youngsters and she, herself, had a similar rise just 2 short years ago. She should have seen this coming.

I’m looking forward to Russian Nationals.

Fluture

Record Breaker

skatingfan200

Medalist

Okay upgrading her technical content is an argument. But still, ofc it would be better if she qualified for GPF. We have to be realistic, it willl not become easier in the coming season.

What I mean is that I wouldn't like that she was being badly criticized by stay between 4th or 6th.

Why should she be "badly criticized"? A clean or almost clean skate would be good. Do not fear the h*aters.