Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 595 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Greyswan

Rinkside
Hi everyone!

here is the link from RusFed website regarding test skates.

- Tests skates will be in Moscow at 9 of September.
- Only Free Program.
- Zhenay is on the list of the participants.

I can not wait to see new FP. it's a shame there would be no SP.
The best of luck to our Tsarina!

What a pity... I wonder why the Test Skates won't include the new SP? :( Still very excited tho!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Don't worry, junior skates were closed and we still got 4 videos. So I'm sure Zhenya will be recorded by someone.

pandatours

On the Ice
She’ll probably get a dress fitting in while she’s there? Anyways so excited :D

I would love to see her FS dress in an oxblood color or a richer red like her AK program dress. It was such a good color on her. Also for her tango dress I would love to see an interesting back detail. Most of all I am just so impatient for the new season!!!

MedoLove

On the Ice
Yay !!!! I had doubts about whether Zhenya would go or not. There's only one month left, what excitement! I hope Brian accompanies her.

Umh, I don't know if she will wear a dress, she has always done the tests with her training clothes.

Go, Zhenya:hap10:

pandatours

On the Ice
Hmm not sure. It will depend on whether she continues to use Olga or one of Wilson’s contacts in Canada.

Yuna’s costumes were designed by Dennis Pizzacelli in LA and then Josiane Lamond at Elite Xpression in Montreal. Mathieu Caron who did Tessa and Scott’s costumes when they came back is also based in Montreal. Olga makes very pretty costumes but it would be interesting to see what a new dressmaker would bring

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yay !!!! I had doubts about whether Zhenya would go or not. There's only one month left, what excitement! I hope Brian accompanies her.

Umh, I don't know if she will wear a dress, she has always done the tests with her training clothes.

Go, Zhenya:hap10:

I hope that Brian not only accompanies her, but also wears his Sambo jacket. :biggrin:

TGee

Record Breaker
Hmm not sure. It will depend on whether she continues to use Olga or one of Wilson’s contacts in Canada.
There are designers in Toronto, but many Canadian and other skaters go to designer Josiane Lamond the couture side of Elite Xpression in Montreal.

This ISU feature on costuming mentions Lamond:

https://www.isu.org/inside-single-p...the-beauty-of-figure-skating?templateParam=15

And here is a feature in a major Canadian paper:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/olym...a-wardrobe-malfunction-is-key-to-success.html

General site:

https://elitexpression.com/en/custom-made

nervosa

On the Ice
Just one more month... I'm so excited (o´▽`o)

And, I have one question. Since this competition is a Russian test skate, that means besides Grand Prix circuit, Nationals, Europeans, and Worlds, Zhenya will be at one other international event this season, with Jason?

DeeDee18

On the Ice
Well based on Olga’s Instagram, zhenya and her are fairly close. But she might try a different designer this year cause it might be easier. Who knows!

TGee

Record Breaker
Well based on Olga’s Instagram, zhenya and her are fairly close. But she might try a different designer this year cause it might be easier. Who knows!
Uhm, costuming is usually a collaboration of the coach, choreographer, skater, and designer.

The question was put regarding who Wilson (and Orser) have gone to...

Lamond would be the answer...

And Zhenya seems to be into being for this season.

I expect to see something that can balance those rose gold blades..

pandatours

On the Ice

And, I have one question. Since this competition is a Russian test skate, that means besides Grand Prix circuit, Nationals, Europeans, and Worlds, Zhenya will be at one other international event this season, with Jason?

I’m not entirely sure what you mean but Jason won’t be at the Russian test skate with Zhenya, it’s only for Russian skaters and is not an international event. Jason will be attending US Champs Camp which is August 18-23 in Colorado Springs.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

I’m not entirely sure what you mean but Jason won’t be at the Russian test skate with Zhenya, it’s only for Russian skaters and is not an international event. Jason will be attending US Champs Camp which is August 18-23 in Colorado Springs.

I think what they question is whether she'll be at an international event with Jason, and yes, that is the case. We don't know which one yet. They'll be at the same GPs as well and it will remain to be seen whether they'll also be at GPF and Worlds together as well.

LucyH

On the Ice
So excited to see Evgenia's new programs, new look, new costumes! And of course Brian carrying Luna :p

KiraraChin

Medalist
Did you guys see her latest Instastory? She made friends with a ladybug :laugh:
Love her nails!

- - - Updated - - -

So excited to see Evgenia's new programs, new look, new costumes! And of course Brian carrying Luna :p

...while wearing a Sambo jacket :biggrin:

Watch

Final Flight
Seeing the Russian Junior test skates brings the Senior ones so much closer in my mind! I'm sure we're going to see reports and videos of her SP as well, even though it's technically closed to the public. Judging by the juniors, people can still come in and watch.

But it's still a month away... I wish Zhenya posted even the tiniest preview. A three seconds video would already make me happy!