Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 89 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
My reaction was :biggrin: then :laugh2: then :rofl:

Well done Tsarina, well done. She is wonderful. Now go on that vacation, you so earned it!

atsumiri

Record Breaker
I was waiting for it too :rofl:
you know what? haha
She improved all of her jumps in this season.
Right now she can jump 3lo 3s 3t 3lz - with rippon. In any combination.
3f 3lz 3t 2a 3lo - tano

in WC she did 3f(tano)-3t(rippon). and then 3f(tano)-3f(tano) and 3s(rippon)-3t
here she did 3s(rippon)-3t(rippon).
and we saw at Ex. 3f(rippon)-3t(rippon). and 3lo(rippon)-3t(rippon)

so she can jump with any arm positions. and her crazy combos from WC's practice? WOOW

Last edited:

carmina

On the Ice
you know what? haha
She improved all of her jumps in this season.
Right now she can jump 3lo 3s 3t 3lz - with rippon. In any combination.
3f 3lz 3t 2a 3lo - tano

in WC she did 3f(tano)-3t(rippon). and then 3f(tano)-3f(tano) and 3s(rippon)-3t
here she did 3s(rippon)-3t(rippon).
and we saw at Ex. 3f(rippon)-3t(rippon). and 3lo(rippon)-3t(rippon)

so she can jump with any arm positions. and her crazy combos from WC's practice? WOOW

I hope she will do combos end with Lo next season.

and cross my fingers for quad...

na1129

On the Ice
Not to dampen the mood, but am I the only one who didn't see a huge difference between her WTT and world's performance? Perhaps components wise she deserved an extra two points because of her consistency, but technically wise I think she was pretty much the same, but got 4 points more for GOE?

I know that everyone was overscored compared to worlds, but Evgenia is such a consistent skater, I don't think her TES changed drastically since worlds. So I don't really think that WTT scores should really count towards a PB and WR, mainly because other skaters from other countries don't have the opportunity to have their scores 'boosted'. Again, not to hate, as she definitely deserved to win, but I just don't think that her score should count towards a WR.

(Also, did anyone see her slight change of edge on the lutz? It wasn't as bad as it used to be since she's changed her entrance, but I've noticed she rarely gets an ! or an e on her lutz, compared to some other skaters who also change edges. Again not to hate, as other skaters get unclear edges overlooked (e.g Kaetlyn), but I think the tech panel should do edge calls anyways, even if it doesn't really impact the scores greatly)

Today's Zhenya was great as always, but I think WTT gives too much score to everyone too...
Wakaba and Mai got 15 points higher than their previous FS PB :eeking:
ISU should not accept WTT score as an official record! :(

However, I'm very glad that she finished her 1617 season neatly.
Also I wish she correct her Lutz and bring better Program next season :agree:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Tsarina sounds even better that queen.

Doesn't it just? :biggrin: For she is an Empress! And a proper Russian one too! I've been calling her that for a while.

For next season, she will probably need the -3Lo.
I hope she does try seriously working on the 4S, it'll be good for her. But in any case, she's going into the Olympics season in the best way possible and first, definitely a rest. She has so earned it.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
(Also, did anyone see her slight change of edge on the lutz? It wasn't as bad as it used to be since she's changed her entrance, but I've noticed she rarely gets an ! or an e on her lutz, compared to some other skaters who also change edges. Again not to hate, as other skaters get unclear edges overlooked (e.g Kaetlyn), but I think the tech panel should do edge calls anyways, even if it doesn't really impact the scores greatly)
As far as I've seen, the edge doesn't look like an inside edge when she taps. SO NOT flutz at all!
Evgenia's lutz normally takes off from a flat (not the same as a flutz). I typically don't mind the ! as it's fair. Her WC lutz looks good to me. And today's too. And she does just one lutz... not two as Kaitlyn...................
I think she improved her lutz already. much better now. And everyone just continuous howling about her Lutz just for old times' sake......

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker

Zhenya isn't the one who decides whether the scores count or not, so moot point.

She used to Flutz. She's worked on it though and now her Lutz is a ! She gets called on that, Skate Canada, TdF, and GPF and Europeans both had the ! call. I am kind of tired on people overlooking this due to worlds that had quite a few problems overall.

SC protocols
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/gpcan2016/gpcan2016_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf
TdF protocols
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/gpfra2016/gpfra2016_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf
GPF protocols
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/gpf1617/gpf1617_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf
Europeans protocols
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/ec2017/ec2017_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

She's probably never going to have a proper Lutz but that's fine, she's still all right with this.
The calls are not always good but she's not the first, nor the last to not get a call during a competition.

Last edited:

Tulipstar

Medalist
Was great to see her skate her FP for the final time.
Will miss it, but can't wait for what she comes up with next:hap10:

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Not to dampen the mood, but am I the only one who didn't see a huge difference between her WTT and world's performance? Perhaps components wise she deserved an extra two points because of her consistency, but technically wise I think she was pretty much the same, but got 4 points more for GOE?

I know that everyone was overscored compared to worlds, but Evgenia is such a consistent skater, I don't think her TES changed drastically since worlds. So I don't really think that WTT scores should really count towards a PB and WR, mainly because other skaters from other countries don't have the opportunity to have their scores 'boosted'. Again, not to hate, as she definitely deserved to win, but I just don't think that her score should count towards a WR.

1. First of all it's WTT. Overscoring is its manual I guess. Japanese ladies also received generous scores not to mention Yuzu's positive GOE on 1A.

2. The fairness of counting WTT scores as official was discussed many times. To be fair the only skater who didn't participate but had chance to benefit is Javier Fernandez as JHC isn't in seniors yet. Actually WTT gathers the strongest federations with the strongest skaters.

3. Her Lutz is better. She no longer uses her inside edge since she changed her entrance. It's a little bit flat but it's no longer a flutz