2014 JGP Ljubljana Cup Junior Ladies SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 JGP Ljubljana Cup Junior Ladies SP

stryke

On the Ice
I think Radionova holds all three records. 66.90+127.39=194.29 at last Junior Worlds.
If it wasn't for the deduction, Serafima would've broken the record for the sp.

It's crazy for me just to think of that. This is the first time I'm able to watch live FS shows.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well, Anna did not do all her triples Tano and did not do all her jumps in second half of the program. So that's already where she lost points in comparison with Serafima. then it would also be a good idea to compare Serafima's and Anna's level on her spins and step sequence and I think that will explain it.
I think Serafima is wonderful. But still junior-ish. I am glad that she got high score. But on the other hand, Anna looks very mature on ice. What a pity they gave her low PCS. Just thinking...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Serafima beat Anna at Russian nationals so its not really that surprisingly even that out of place. So far all of Eteri's girls are just cleaning up on pts by jumping all jumps in the second half and only doing a spin and StSeq in the first. Are any other coaches doing this?

hanca

Record Breaker
Anna was also not very polished or mature when she medaled at JW

It think that's a very mild way to say it. In fact, I think all 4 current junior Russian youngsters (Sakhanovich, Medvedeva, Sotskova, Proklova) are way more polished than Anna was during her junior season. They are also better technically.

TMC

Record Breaker
Okay, just looked that up also!

Looks like Joshua Farris still has that record from 2013 Jr. Worlds as well (75.84).

And yes I looked at all the score sheets. I need to find a scraper to make this information automatic.

I knew I could always count on you, dear Mrs P. :bow:

zamboni step

Final Flight
Sakhanovich was incredible, love the choreo and doing tano on both parts of her 3-3 is crazy, her jumps have cleaned up quite a bit, particularly the back position on the landing. Her spins were great up until she went for the uber-flexiblity positions, I question her doing a biellmann or that final position in the flying camel, both grinded her spins down in terms of speed, and there was a lot of speed before that. Her SS are the strongest of all the Russians from what I've seen so far.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish she could skate for 5 minutes and get a time bonus :)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I saw a BIG improvement in Serafima's skating: better lines, better spins, better SS and better jumps landing and 2A technique, even if they still need a lot of work... (for maybe the 100th time) :clap: to Tutberidze/Dudakov and their team! And I'm also happy that, unlike Medvedeva in courchevel, her tano jumps received the credit they deserve: even if her 3-3 landings weren't perfect, she received +1.10 (just think about what she could receive with better landings!!), and that's how it should be!
I was really sad for Keiser, since she performs a stunning SP at Glacier Falls and then she bombs the combo like she did! :cry: (I saw her falling in the combo in the warm-up, too, so maybe she has some problems with it) The rest of the program was fantastic, though, I hope she'll be able to pull up at least for a bronze medal.
Big :no: to Kaiumova's presentation and spins, but with this kind of jumps she could easily earn a medal, too, if she basically stands on her feet in the FS, because Rajicova's layout isn't as difficult as hers; Nicole is basically a Senior skating among Juniors, like Cesario a couple of years ago, but I have to say that I really enjoyed her performance and :thumbsup: for the good technique in jumps

Meoima

Match Penalty
These young girls improve so fast. :) But it's true that 2A need more polish. Still, just 14 year of age! :yes: Awesome!

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Just watched Serafima and I think her jumping technique has improved, by pulling back her free leg more to alleviate the knee bend/downward landing. She is fast, but I don't think her skating is very smooth: her turns and twists on the ice are more pushed, relaying on the inertia generated by the speed, rather than a full control of her body and skates. since she does not have a stick figure as other Russian girls, she is more likely to be affected by growth of height/weight later. She is still 152cm and I don't think she has done growing.

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
66.58 :O Higher than Pogo's at worlds...

Serafima's program was fantastic. I've loved that music since I first watched Sasha at the 2002 Olympics but forgot about it until a few months ago. Her jumps were very good and the flow of the program was also way closer to that of the top seniors than those of other juniors. She won by 8 points and with a 1 point time deduction no less.

Sackie

Medalist
Not as many edge calls as last week's event. So you can't really compare scores if the callers are calling things differently from event to event.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
She really did improve, but I still really don't like Seafimas jump landings. There's always a short moment of fear she's going to fall or stumble because she's landing so low. Everything else is at least good (though I don't really like the program that much...), but I really can't get over the landings. I don't even like the tano, because all I can think is "keep your hands down and land the jump right instead" :slink:
Her dress is gorgeous though :)

Yuka Nagai was really a nice surprise! Hopefully she can keep it up in the LP:)

Meoima

Match Penalty
How do I say it... I think Evgenia Medvedeva looks more elegant and I find her program more distinctive. I think Serafima skated wonderfully, but I like Evgenia more.

andyjo24

Medalist
She really did improve, but I still really don't like Seafimas jump landings. There's always a short moment of fear she's going to fall or stumble because she's landing so low. Everything else is at least good (though I don't really like the program that much...), but I really can't get over the landings. I don't even like the tano, because all I can think is "keep your hands down and land the jump right instead" :slink:
Her dress is gorgeous though :)

Yuka Nagai was really a nice surprise! Hopefully she can keep it up in the LP:)

Yeah, I agree that Serafima's landings aren't too smooth although she did do the tanos. The judges gave her way too much GOE for that. IMO, she should have gotten around a 35 for TES and 26 for PCS for a total of 61 in the short. 66.58 seems too inflated..

vexlak

Rinkside
Yeah, I agree that Serafima's landings aren't too smooth although she did do the tanos. The judges gave her way too much GOE for that. IMO, she should have gotten around a 35 for TES and 26 for PCS for a total of 61 in the short. 66.58 seems too inflated..

could not agree more