Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 797

Thread: Brian Joubert

  1. #121
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    335

    0 Not allowed!
    I just saw this video facebook and I was unprepared for Brian tears at around 1:30ish and now my soul has died. Someone please tell me what he was talking about?

  2. #122
    Bona Fide Member LRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,489

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GermaricanMix View Post
    I just saw this video facebook and I was unprepared for Brian tears at around 1:30ish and now my soul has died. Someone please tell me what he was talking about?
    Thanks for posting that, GermaricanMix - I'm in the middle of watching it, and I've arrived at the place where Brian tears up. My French is all but non-existent, but... I think he's talking about his father? That his father would have much preferred him to play football (soccer) - I think he said that his father had never attended any of his competitions? I'm really not sure about that, and i'd hate to be one to run around starting false rumours! So, please, someone who actually knows French.... maybe bartlebooth will be an angel and help us out yet again? Anyway, my thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

  3. #123
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    335

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Thanks for posting that, GermaricanMix - I'm in the middle of watching it, and I've arrived at the place where Brian tears up. My French is all but non-existent, but... I think he's talking about his father? That his father would have much preferred him to play football (soccer) - I think he said that his father had never attended any of his competitions? I'm really not sure about that, and i'd hate to be one to run around starting false rumours! So, please, someone who actually knows French.... maybe bartlebooth will be an angel and help us out yet again? Anyway, my thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
    Brian tears are so very upsetting and I wasn't prepared. On a happier note, I really like that dance he did and the judges seem to have responded well to it. His partner is also really winning me over with those intense puppy dog eyes she has.

  4. #124
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,816

    0 Not allowed!
    There you are:

    Brian:
    00:37 I am now in Paris to live this adventure of DWTS, and I'm happy to be here.

    Even if I've been skating for 25 years, it doesn't mean that I'm going out there on the dance floor and master everything easily... conversely, I think that it's going to be very difficult.

    I'm a bit worried about working in harness with somebody, I think I'll feel awkward, because I'm not a great talker, I tend to keep to myself, I'm reserved.

    I always felt closer to my mother than to my father. As a boy, the fact that he never attended my training or competitions disappointed me, because I felt that he wasn't interested at all in what I was doing. I think that he would definitely have preferred me to do football (soccer). I'm sure that he'll watch DWTS on TV... I don't necessarily want him to be proud of me. I'd only like that when he sees me – I hope he'll feel like moving [the word is bouger. I think he means something like “dancing along”]. I'm not saying a word more about that.

    2:21 Basically, I'm a very reserved person, and for this kind of dance I need to convey my emotions, with a partner that I don't know well, it's distressful

    3:05 Katrina: ...Disappointment, rage, sadness... Can you find anything in your personal experience that may help you to express this?
    Brian: Well, when you say this, I think of my relationship with my father: there's always been a difference, a wall between us two. I felt sad, disappointed, angry, all these feelings...
    Katrina: I want you to think of your personal experience in order to convey real emotions.
    Brian: [something I don't understand] I mustn't retire into my shell. Come what may.




    I'm not very fond of DWTS, but Brian did fairly well and I wish him all the best.

  5. #125
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    335

    0 Not allowed!
    Thank you for translating! Ugh, that's so sad, poor Brian. It's obviously very difficult for him to talk about. Could I also trouble you for the gist of what the judges said?

  6. #126
    Bona Fide Member LRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,489

    0 Not allowed!
    @bartlebooth - You're wonderful! Thank you so much!

    And yes, that is so sad about Brian...

    I thought the dance was good, and he did well - but contemporary isn't quite my cup of tea. I thought the judges giving him straight 8's though was great this early on! I hope he does well, and continues to improve! I wonder what the next dance will be?

  7. #127
    Bona Fide Member silverfoxes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    9,422

    0 Not allowed!
    Yes, thank you bartlebooth!

    I didn't know Brian's dad was like that. It's hard to imagine not supporting your son who just happens to be one of the very best skaters in the world...poor Brian.

    I'm not a huge fan of contemporary either, but he looked good. I want to see tango, rumba, etc. Anyone know how the other dancers scored? Though I assume it's like our DWTS, where the scores don't mean much and it's all about the viewer votes anyway...

    Katrina seems cool...I wasn't sure what to expect the first time I saw her, but I like her as a partner.

  8. #128
    Match Penalty
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    13,134

    0 Not allowed!
    Brian First his Federation, second his dad. How sad.

    But I'm glad he seems to be content right now. I hope he all the best.

  9. #129
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    294

    0 Not allowed!
    I share your emotions here. It's so sad that his father hasn't been very supportive. It must be a bit hard for every boy to be a figure skater, because the other boys often make fun of you cause they think it's a girly sport. But that your own father thinks like that, must be even harder. Brian has talked about this issue before and it's awful that it still bothers him. But I don't think he is really that reserved person because he can talk about it on TV!

    I was actually surprised how well he danced. I hope he will go far! The next dance should be the walz if I understood correctly: http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/V...-piste-2060462

  10. #130
    Bona Fide Member plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,798
    Country: Hungary

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bartlebooth View Post
    There you are:

    Brian:
    00:37 I am now in Paris to live this adventure of DWTS, and I'm happy to be here.

    Even if I've been skating for 25 years, it doesn't mean that I'm going out there on the dance floor and master everything easily... conversely, I think that it's going to be very difficult.

    I'm a bit worried about working in harness with somebody, I think I'll feel awkward, because I'm not a great talker, I tend to keep to myself, I'm reserved.

    I always felt closer to my mother than to my father. As a boy, the fact that he never attended my training or competitions disappointed me, because I felt that he wasn't interested at all in what I was doing. I think that he would definitely have preferred me to do football (soccer). I'm sure that he'll watch DWTS on TV... I don't necessarily want him to be proud of me. I'd only like that when he sees me – I hope he'll feel like moving [the word is bouger. I think he means something like “dancing along”]. I'm not saying a word more about that.

    2:21 Basically, I'm a very reserved person, and for this kind of dance I need to convey my emotions, with a partner that I don't know well, it's distressful

    3:05 Katrina: ...Disappointment, rage, sadness... Can you find anything in your personal experience that may help you to express this?
    Brian: Well, when you say this, I think of my relationship with my father: there's always been a difference, a wall between us two. I felt sad, disappointed, angry, all these feelings...
    Katrina: I want you to think of your personal experience in order to convey real emotions.
    Brian: [something I don't understand] I mustn't retire into my shell. Come what may.




    I'm not very fond of DWTS, but Brian did fairly well and I wish him all the best.

  11. #131
    Bona Fide Member ioanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,572
    Country: Romania

    0 Not allowed!
    Friends On Ice number with Brian, Evan and Daisuke
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM79LMeSwP8

  12. #132
    Bona Fide Member LRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,489

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    I share your emotions here. It's so sad that his father hasn't been very supportive. It must be a bit hard for every boy to be a figure skater, because the other boys often make fun of you cause they think it's a girly sport. But that your own father thinks like that, must be even harder. Brian has talked about this issue before and it's awful that it still bothers him. But I don't think he is really that reserved person because he can talk about it on TV!

    I was actually surprised how well he danced. I hope he will go far! The next dance should be the walz if I understood correctly: http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/V...-piste-2060462
    Yes! I was hoping for something like that! It will be really fun to see - it will be nice to see him dressed up; it was almost funny how, when I first saw what he was wearing this time, I was so disappointed! I didn't know they were going to dance contemporary (I've never seen them do that in any Strictly Come Dancing/Dancing with the Stars I've ever seen - but then, those were some time ago; I'm sure they keep changing up things), so I was like "What is he wearing? Why is he dressed like that?" It was like expecting someone to be in formal evening wear - and then find them in their PJs!

  13. #133
    Bona Fide Member LRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,489

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanap View Post
    Friends On Ice number with Brian, Evan and Daisuke
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM79LMeSwP8
    Thank you! That's so fun - I love numbers like that.

  14. #134
    Bona Fide Member LRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,489

    0 Not allowed!
    Danse Avec Les Stars@DALS_TF1 · 3 tim för 3 timmar sedan

    #DALSRépèt
    Vous donnez un coup d'accélérateur à @BrianJoubert avec un #RT ? http://videos.tf1.fr/danse-avec-les-...n-8492866.html … #DALS


  15. #135
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    335

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Danse Avec Les Stars@DALS_TF1 · 3 tim för 3 timmar sedan

    #DALSRépèt
    Vous donnez un coup d'accélérateur à @BrianJoubert avec un #RT ? http://videos.tf1.fr/danse-avec-les-...n-8492866.html … #DALS

    I can't get that video to play but I think the vimeo channel might have it up? It seems to have been updated with a behind the scenes video and two rehearsal videos that I haven't seen yet. http://vimeo.com/user29366736

  16. #136
    Bona Fide Member deedee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,982

    0 Not allowed!
    Agreed. It's so sad to read about the relationship btwn Brian and his father;;;;;

    I DO have wonderful memories watching Brian live at World Team Trophies in the past, where he always had fabulous performances in front of Japanese audience. Do you hear all those crazy screams incl mine during his performances? Oh how I wish his father could have been there with me at either one of WTTs. I simply want Papa Joubert to witness how much his son is admired by skating fans in the world, not only his athleticism, skating talent but also his sweet personality! And most of all, how Brian SHINES on the ice.

    Brian at WTT 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_4yZef4y9k
    Brian at WTT 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHe-CILTcJ8 Priceless moment at 4:57!
    (sorry, can't find any vids of his at WTT 3 in 2013)

  17. #137
    Bona Fide Member LRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,489

    0 Not allowed!
    Thank you for sharing, deedee! What you say warms my heart. And yes, that's a lovely moment.

  18. #138
    Bona Fide Member silverfoxes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    9,422

    0 Not allowed!
    I just saw on Twitter that Brian is doing a tango this week!

  19. #139
    Match Penalty
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    13,134

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gallavich View Post
    I just saw on Twitter that Brian is doing a tango this week!
    Looking towards the costume.

  20. #140
    Bona Fide Member LRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,489

    0 Not allowed!
    Tango is good - looking forward to it.

Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •