Favourite tape for the off season? | Golden Skate

Favourite tape for the off season?

floskate

On the Ice
Well the off season is here and I just wondered what everyone will be watching this sumer to starve away those withdrawal symptoms till September.

Will you be wallowing in your favourite skaters greatest triumphs with your compilation tapes?

Will you be furiously tape trading to find new unseen programs?

Will you be watching Worlds for the gazillionth time wuzrobbing over your faves position and screaming at the TV after half a bottle of chardonnay? ;)

Or will you switch to other interests and try and forget the stress of being a skating fan?

I guess I will try and get my life back but just know that the vids will come out and I'll be doing all of the above!!!!

:laugh:

icenut84

Final Flight
"Will you be wallowing in your favourite skaters greatest triumphs with your compilation tapes?"

But of course :love:

"Will you be furiously tape trading to find new unseen programs?"

Already underway :laugh:

"Will you be watching Worlds for the gazillionth time wuzrobbing over your faves position and screaming at the TV after half a bottle of chardonnay? ;) "

Probably! :) Have already rewatched certain performances several times. (Most watched so far - Plushenko LP, Lambiel LP :D )

"Or will you switch to other interests and try and forget the stress of being a skating fan?"

HA! Forget being a skating fan? Too much fun. I guess you haven't visited FSU in the off-season. :p

Hermione_Granger

On the Ice
I'll probably watch some old tapes now and then,
but most of the time I'll be doing other things. :)
Most likely you'll find me burried in a book somewhere. :laugh:

Or will you switch to other interests and try and
forget the stress of being a skating fan?

I also like to watch gymnastics, but unfortunately there's
no gymnastics on TV until June.

--Hermione

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I have just discovered soulseek and I'm trying to download as much as I can while I have free high speed internet at college!!!

Kateri

On the Ice
you guys are on soulseek?

I searched for f/s on there a while ago - nada.

anyone care to drop me the names of a few good sources on there?
I'm on as Kateri, sharing whatever I've got off somebodyelseslife.com, but that's all the f/s vids I have - would like to expand my collection!

is there a f/s chatroom on there? (there should be!)

kat.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
check the room listing for "iceroom" usually about 60 members on with a pretty diverse collection of files

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm going to go back to finish converting my old beta tapes to VHS.
I'm going to watch T&D at the 1984 Olympics through the 1988 Olympics.

At some point I am going to get connected to rinkside. I downloaded the program and I show up as logged on, but when I try to get the filelist, nothing transfers. I am on Comcast high speed cable via a router so that I can use my laptop upstairs as well as down. I probably will be completely stymied by this, and if anyone has an idea of what I'm doing wrong, I will be very thankful.

dpp

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Will you be wallowing in your favourite skaters greatest triumphs with your compilation tapes?

mmmmmmmm maybe?

Will you be furiously tape trading to find new unseen programs?

unless I get a job with lots of extra $$ no

Will you be watching Worlds for the gazillionth time wuzrobbing over your faves position and screaming at the TV after half a bottle of chardonnay?

I don't normally do that when it first happens... so I'll leave that to the message boards! :laugh:

Or will you switch to other interests and try and forget the stress of being a skating fan?

definately not

my favorite tape, though, to watch during this time is the SOI compilation a friend made for me! :)

Last edited:

floskate

On the Ice
Dorispulaski make sure on Rinkside that you have a passive setting otherwise you wo'nt be able to download peoples files. It's easier to click on the little magnifying glass and search there to be honest.

kappa_1

On the Ice
I'll be studying for my A' Level exams. After those I'll be busying myself over summer working, watching tennis, and watching plenty skating vids

mariana

On the Ice
Hermione_Granger said:
I'll probably watch some old tapes now and then,
but most of the time I'll be doing other things. :)
Most likely you'll find me burried in a book somewhere. :laugh:

--Hermione
Will you be wallowing in your favourite skaters greatest triumphs with your compilation tapes?"

Sure

"Will you be furiously tape trading to find new unseen programs?"

No, I live in South America, so its to much $ to me

"Will you be watching Worlds for the gazillionth time wuzrobbing over your faves position and screaming at the TV after half a bottle of chardonnay? "

Probably! Have already rewatched certain performances several times. (Most watched so far - D&S Free skate)

"Or will you switch to other interests and try and forget the stress of being a skating fan?"

HA! Forget being a skating fan? Too much fun. I guess you haven't visited FSU in the off-season. But I'll also be glue to the TV during the Summer Olympics. Go Argentina!

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
So it's NOT just me!

Funny this thread should come up this weekend. I dug up some very old videotape the other night and found...Carmen on Ice!
Talk about a cheesefest!
I'm going back for more shortly. I think I've found The Battle of the Brians!
Rave