The Lutz jump | Page 3 | Golden Skate

The Lutz jump

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who had the best Lutz jump for 2014-15 in ladies and men's?

lyverbird1

Final Flight
I think Ito and Harding had the best height and flow out, although Yuna's air position and consistency are better. My favorite lutz of lesser known skaters is Malanina's.
Totally agree about Malanina. I'm always delighted to see her mentioned as she is too often overlooked. Wonderful jumper.

JayW

Final Flight
One technical question: For a fully rotated Lutz, should the take-off foot and landing foot have parallel blades?

I saw some skaters, their landing blades are not parallel with their take-off blades. (I am not talking about the underrotation).

begin

Medalist
One technical question: For a fully rotated Lutz, should the take-off foot and landing foot have parallel blades?

I saw some skaters, their landing blades are not parallel with their take-off blades. (I am not talking about the underrotation).

As with all jumps, the takeoff starts a curve and the landing completes the curve. I'm not sure if "parallel" makes sense in this context.

HYBobo

Spectator
Han Yan’s 3lz obviously the true lutz! His knee and the deep out-edge into 3LZ are so beautiful !
And Yuna’s 3LZ are amazing to enjoy~powerful!

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
The best lutzes:

Men:
Adam Rippon
Han Yan
Evgeni Plushenko
Jin Boyang
Brian Boitano
Evan Lysacek

Ladies:
Maria Butyrskaya
Sarah Meier
Yuna Kim
Anna Pogorilaya
Midori Ito
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Bonus:

Julia Sebestyen
Anna Rechnio

Both had huge lutzes when they were on but sometimes after that jump the landings were heavy, there was also consistency problem here.

Last edited:

skatefancanada

Spectator
Don Jackson - first and best forever! Surprised that it was 12 years after Don before one was landed at US nationals.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who do you think showed the best technique in both the men's and ladies' discipline for the triple Lutz this season?

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not current but Yu Na Kim for the ladies. Current--Liza Tuk. Current for the men-Nathan Chen and Boyang Jin.

NymphyNymphy

On the Ice
Yuna and Gracie? No way. Not even close. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva has the truest, biggest and cleanest Lutz among the ladies. I can't wait til she starts hitting it consistently again.

Why do you hate Yuna so much? So what if some people think Yuna has a good lutz? Liza has a gorgeous lutz but some also like Yuna's lutz. "No Way"?

NymphyNymphy

On the Ice
Ladies:

Double Lutz: Alena Vrzáňová (CZE) 1949 World Championships
Triple Lutz: Denise Biellman (SUI) 1978 Europeans
Quad Lutz: Alexandra Trusova (RUS) 2018 JGP Armenia Cup

Trusova's lutz looks very different from Alena and Denise's lutz.

enzet

On the Ice
Tomoe Kawabata

Her Lutz is such a beauty! I actually prefer it even to Tuktamysheva's or any other of the current senior ladies.
If only she could be more consistent with her jumps in general...:pray: