Karen Chen | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Karen Chen

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Congrats Karen! Mission accomplished, well done!!!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
So proud of Karen, I believed in her even with all the doubts circulating during 4CC. I never doubted her! :cheer:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I've already been called out twice in the FS thread, so I just wanted to stop by and say :bow::bow::bow: All hail our saviour Karen Chen. This Doubting Thomas is very happy to have been wrong :cheer:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Lovely tweet share via Jackie Wong! (Want to keep a copy here)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8RaD4fXUAEdAF8.jpg

Congratulations on you very 1st national title Karen!!! hopefully there will be many more to come! :yahoo::hap93::hap57::cheer:

and here is an incredibly adorable picture of Karen, it looks like she was photoshopped there :laugh2:

just read this post, lol... uber cute. The trophy is 1/3rd size of her... truly an American size trophy vs tiny little ones ISU gives out.

Who'd have thought she'd also get a pewter one at a world championship one day.

Last edited:

frida80

Record Breaker
I would've loved to see her exhibition again! It's so beautiful. She'll probably do it on tour this summer.

mintx

On the Ice
It looks like the Ex was top 3 plus a few invited skaters. Jason brought down the house and got two big standing ovations so I think that's why he got the invite.

That said, Karen would have been lovely. She did an amazing job this week. She will get higher funding next year too.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Darn I really like Karen's EX but she's not invited :( that's crazy she placed so high

Yeah a big pity... i find her gala program always the most interesting and reveals so much about her skating.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Karen! :love: Given her technical and artistic talent (she really is the full package imo), I had a feeling she would be rewarded w a good placement in international competition if she skated close to her abilities, and I'm over the moon that she exceeded all expectations. What a gutsy young lady she is, to be able to pull off two clutch performances under intense pressure in her first time on such a big stage. I'm especially proud of her for the great strides she made in learning how to handle the mental aspect in the short time since 4cc. If she keeps it up, and stays injury (and boot problem) free, the sky's the limit for her next season. Bravo! :clap:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I'm so, so proud of Karen! Three spots were looking unlikely...and then she. Threw. Down.

Never count out a headcase, y'all. ;)

To celebrate Karen's awesome performances, I did what one naturally does when one is excited about a skater: I made a video. :biggrin: You can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCUIPCI1ZhA

sarama

Medalist
I was very skeptical of Karen going into this season, BUT she totally delivered and I couldn't be happier. I fell like she was a tad overscored, but who cares (I mean it's not like she was the only one to be overscored).