12 Audrey CROTEAU-VILLENEUVE / Jeff HOUGH CAN

Warm-Up Group 4

13 Sarah Marine ROUFFANCHE / Geoffrey BRISSAUD FRA
14 Anna YANOVSKAYA / Sergey MOZGOV RUS
15 Mackenzie BENT / Garrett MACKEEN CAN
16 Katerina KONICKOVA / Matej LANG CZE

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Wow, just looked at the results. Not what I was expecting! Will be curious to watch when I have a chance later in the day.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Did Y/M missed an element? Why their TES are so low? I don't get it.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Oh, I see. Protocols are up. They lost 5 points on both step seqs from their base value for lvl4. Well, I hope their execution of technical elements in FD will be better.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
They were just terrific with their tango - absolutely different level from anybody else.

Is 92 some sort of a record for FD in juniors? if not, it must be close. Stunning program. If only she would wear less complicated dresses - something more simple with not so much happening in the neck area would add to the program, IMO.
I also liked the Canadians in second and the young and extremely talented Americans

Snow63

Record Breaker
Is 92 some sort of a record for FD in juniors? if not, it must be close. Stunning program. If only she would wear less complicated dresses - something more simple with not so much happening in the neck area would add to the program, IMO.
I also liked the Canadians in second and the young and extremely talented Americans

I don't know. But it was definitely their PB.
Amazing performance, very beautiful and passionate free dance. :)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Christina Carreira and Anthony Ponomarenko are really young - he's only 13 - and teamed up in April. For them to be doing so well against older and more experienced competitors is pretty impressive (even taking into account who his parents are ;)).

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Christina Carreira and Anthony Ponomarenko are really young - he's only 13 - and teamed up in April. For them to be doing so well against older and more experienced competitors is pretty impressive (even taking into account who his parents are ;)).

April?? They look like they are skating together since they were in diapers.
The potential there is ridiculous :eek:

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
April?? They look like they are skating together since they were in diapers.
The potential there is ridiculous :eek:

No, previously he skated with a young woman named Sarah Feng. If you search YouTube there are a bunch of videos from that together from the time they were pipsqueaks up through last year. Sarah quit dance to pursue singles skating exclusively, but she and Anthony were wonderful together. Luckily it seems like he's found a good option for a new partner.

meteorlight8

Rinkside
No, previously he skated with a young woman named Sarah Feng. If you search YouTube there are a bunch of videos from that together from the time they were pipsqueaks up through last year. Sarah quit dance to pursue singles skating exclusively, but she and Anthony were wonderful together. Luckily it seems like he's found a good option for a new partner.

I really think Anthony has made massive strides this summer under Igor though - I don't remember him being this amazing before (I really liked Feng/Ponomarenko too). In any case, love love this new young pair - incredible potential, and they're only just getting started. It kind of sucks they got a couple of really tough jgp assignments (the ice dance field this round is insane!) - I think they would've medaled with their scores at a couple of other ones.

Loved Y/M's FD as well (tbh probably more than the medalists at Nebelhorn). The program looks super intricate/difficult (to my non-technical eye) and will be absolutely exquisite with more polish (I think their loss of training time showed a bit here). Hopefully his injury gets better - seems like he was still hurt at the end there.

Edit: also really really enjoyed the Ukrainians. Wonderful bounce back for them!

mom2cavs

Rinkside
If things continue like they have so far christina and anthony are going to be a team everyone is talking about. Of course he has wonderful skating DNA but her mother is also a coach. She skated for canada with the same partner for six years until he was injured right before Placid 2013. Igor has a great crop of Junior skaters at Novi right now. There are a lot of young potential skaters like the Beckers and Eliana and Ian who did very well at Novice. Can't wait for the competition to begin.

I agree! Y/M's FD was simply superb. And I think that Christina Carreira and Anthony Ponomarenko are really talented - I am so looking forward to see them in the coming years.