25 Alexander PETROV RUS 1 70.74
26 Deniss VASILJEVS LAT 6 58.37

Live Results
http://www.isuresults.com/results/jgpest2014/SEG002.HTM

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
ahhhh matyas my love, he is a nutcracker, its like he was gonna explode from all that energy in him :laugh: :laugh:

LRK

Record Breaker
Thank you for the reminder, I'm getting so mixed up with the times between Tallin and Nebelhorn...why do the men's free skates have to overlap? :scowl: And why is this stream quality so much better than Nebelhorn? :confused:

Well, we can watch this for an hour and then... then one can decide what to do... I don't want to miss Petrov though!

But I agree, it's a bit... stressy all this going on at once! But yay for arm chair travelling, yes? ;)

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, poor boy! So many falls! It's especially hard to see someone fall to "Plushy's music"...

Country
Russia
Samoilov - what a good skating!

Yes, he popped SP. But ... even Mao did it at Olympics.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Hm, i quite liked obreykov's program. shame about some of the jumps.
agree about samoilov, solid skate!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Vasiljevs got fourth! Wow for Latvia!

I don't think I've ever seen a more flip-floppy standings from SP to FS.

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, I just came to wonder.... Does this mean Petrov has qualified for the JGPF? I know he was second in his first event, but, is this likely to be enough?

s_parks

Record Breaker
Oh, I just came to wonder.... Does this mean Petrov has qualified for the JGPF? I know he was second in his first event, but, is this likely to be enough?

Yep, the win here pretty much sealed the deal. And his scores this season(so far) are only behind two skaters, Jin and Uno.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yep, the win here pretty much sealed the deal. And his scores this season(so far) are only behind two skaters, Jin and Uno.
I would love to take Petrov out of all these juniors. Uno is fluid and great but I feel like watching a mini Dai and it's kinda...unpleasant as a big fan of Dai. Jin is...no I don't want to think about his presentation and his PCS :disapp:.

But nevertheless, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPPY THAT ANOTHER MISHIN BOY HAS FOUND HIS WAY TO JGPF!!! HURA!:biggrin:

s_parks

Record Breaker
I would love to take Petrov out of all these juniors. Uno is fluid and great but I feel like watching a mini Dai and it's kinda...unpleasant as a big fan of Dai. Jin is...no I don't want to think about his presentation and his PCS :disapp:.

But nevertheless, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPPY THAT ANOTHER MISHIN BOY HAS FOUND HIS WAY TO JGPF!!! HURA!:biggrin:

I agree, I think Petrov is the most well rounded of the juniors right now. Would love to see him win the jgpf this time. jin is getting the points with his quads but he has got to work on his pcs.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Just got caught up with the juniors. Good for Petrov! I just wish Deniss could have gotten a bronze at least. :eek:hwell: I adore that kid too...although they're completely different.

I'm not totally sold on Shoma yet either. I like him alright, but he needs to develop his own style.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Just got caught up with the juniors. Good for Petrov! I just wish Deniss could have gotten a bronze at least. :eek:hwell: I adore that kid too...although they're completely different.
I'm not totally sold on Shoma yet either. I like him alright, but he needs to develop his own style.
ITA, I like Shoma alight. And I think his PCS should be 10 points apart from Jin. But it's true that I feel like watching a mini Dai and I don't think that it's a good path to follow in the long run, not to mention his axel is not good comparing to other juniors. But anyways, it's not like I am his coach so who am I to judge.

About Petrov, the thing I like about him is he is very decisive in all his movement, not as much confident as Plushy when young but still convincing. Yes, that's the way I feel about Petrov. His skate is convincing and quite stable IMO. I can see a little bit of both Yagudin and Plushy in him. :)

LRK

Record Breaker
ITA, I like Shoma alight. And I think his PCS should be 10 points apart from Jin. But it's true that I feel like watching a mini Dai and I don't think that it's a good path to follow in the long run, not to mention his axel is not good comparing to other juniors. But anyways, it's not like I am his coach so who am I to judge.

About Petrov, the thing I like about him is he is very decisive in all his movement, not as much confident as Plushy when young but still convincing. Yes, that's the way I feel about Petrov. His skate is convincing and quite stable IMO. I can see a little bit of both Yagudin and Plushy in him. :)

So can I! :) And still, with that, he is his own person. You can feel his own personality coming through in his performances.

ETA - I also like what you say about his being "decisive" - there's a sense of authority about him, is how I put it to myself.