2014 Pokal der Blauen Schwerter JGP Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Pokal der Blauen Schwerter JGP Ladies SP

s_parks

Record Breaker
Protocols out... Proklova got < on the flip in addition to the < on the lutz she fell on. Guess that's why her score seemed low.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Maybe judges are hesitant to hand out PCS to her because she is so young? Well, she'll only improve from now on I hope. Judges reward consistency.

Maybe they are, I felt she was doing awesome especially if you consider her age.

The full result is as follows,

1 Wakaba HIGUCHI JPN 58.99
2 Elizabet TURZYNBAEVA KAZ 55.31
3 Alexandra PROKLOVA RUS 52.89
4 Lutricia BOCK GER 52.34
5 Elizaveta IUSHENKO RUS 51.67
6 Selena ZHAO CAN 51.11
7 Leah KEISER USA 49.66
8 Mariko KIHARA JPN 44.42
9 Michaela DU TOIT RSA 43.53
10 Lea Johanna DASTICH GER 43.48
11 Kyueun KIM KOR 41.39
12 Giada RUSSO ITA 38.50
13 Alissa SCHEIDT GER 38.38
14 Aleksandra GOLOVKINA LTU 38.24
15 Kim DEGUISE LEVEILLEE CAN 37.68
16 Laure NICODET SUI 37.67
17 Lara ROTH AUT 37.03
18 Maeva GALLARDA ROSSELL ESP 33.10
19 Jana COUFALOVA CZE 32.49
20 Loena HENDRICKX BEL 32.36
21 Karline Monika POLE LAT 31.34
22 Cecilie Kongsbak DREIER DEN 28.94
23 Regina Andrea RODRIGUEZ LEAL MEX 28.59
24 Niki WORIES NED 26.97
25 Agnieszka REJMENT POL 26.51
26 Priscilla June CHAU HKG 25.58
27 Chloe VILLEDEY LUX 19.58
28 Maciko Audrey CHAN INA 13.97

For details please visit

http://www.isuresults.com/results/jgpger2014/SEG003.HTM
http://www.isuresults.com/results/jgpger2014/jgpger2014_JuniorLadies_SP_Scores.pdf

Alex D

Record Breaker
Protocols out... Proklova got < on the flip in addition to the < on the lutz she fell on. Guess that's why her score seemed low.

Performance and interpretation should be high or better said, a 5.x just doesn't do her justice if you ask me. She is a pretty good actor on the ice.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wakaba got an edge call otherwise she would have broke 60.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Jumps aside, I am surprised to see Wakaba got higher PCS than Sasha; she is much more polished than Wakaba. Wakaba has nice speed and raw energy, and she does NOT remind me of Akiko:confused: The only thing in common I can notice is neither of them can do good spin positions.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Jumps aside, I am surprised to see Wakaba got higher PCS than Sasha; she is much more polished than Wakaba. Wakaba has nice speed and raw energy, and she does NOT remind me of Akiko:confused: The only thing in common I can notice is neither of them can do good spin positions.

I'm sure Alex still trying to ease in with her flexibility. Just wait til junior worlds! :laugh:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Proklova skates much better than the rest of the pack. She was overcautious because as I guess she has not fully recovered from the injury. And she fell. Otherwise she would win with ease. Hope she finds her form and win the event with the clean FS.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Ladies SP short Summary Top 3

1. Wakaba Higuchi 58.99 SB

This young lady here does skate like an American, always heads up - checking with the crowd while being on the ice for every single person in the venue.

The skater who resides at Tokyo started off with a lovely double Axel and a huge distance that she traveled. What also traveled was her lovely smile, always looking for recognition once an element worked out well. Her Flip - Toe while wrong edged was clean, so was her triple Lutz.

Wakaba came already second at the JGP in the Czech republic and she has a shot for the podium here as well if nothing dramatic happens tomorrow in her LP.

What impressed me most was her style on the ice, her arm movements and the proud presentation of herself throughout the program. It gave me the feeling like did she wanted to say "here I am, and this is my skate for all of you".
While receiving level 4s for her spins, that little sunshine who is coached by Koji Okajima was very mature and a very happy fellow on the ice.

2. Elizabet Turzynbaeva 55.31

Elizabet has lit Dresden on fire, just 14 years old - yet she had every person at the ice rink behind her. Turzynbaeva who is currently coached by Brian Orser in Toronto / Canada managed to land all her jump elements as for example the triple Lutz and her triple Loop / Toe combination - latter sadly under rotated.

The originally in Russian born skater performed to Memories of a Geisha and looked like said one from head to toe - a great outfit. All her spins and the step sequence which she anticipated greatly during the music and tempo change, received a level 4.

3. Aleksandra Proklova 52.89

The Russian is in her second Grand Prix season and suffered from a leg injury in the past few days and maybe those issues were the reason for her faulted Lutz and the under rotated Flip in combination with her triple toe.

Those two things aside, her performance was very naughty and gorgeous. I love how she pulls her leg pretty much behind her head while gliding on the bade of the other and how confident she keeps the eye to eye contact with you - she isn't afraid or anything, that's lovely. There are skaters who are in their twens and cant look you into the eyes, so ya that's a great quality by Sasha.

That said she is really tiny and I hope she gets through puberty safe and that the Russian Fed doesn't try to build up another Julia now and leaves her alone. She has so much talent especially the acting potential is great.

What I also like is how she already knows how to move her different body parts like her hips, eye browns or lips - she is being naughty while "flirting" with you and as I said there is nothing stopping her from that, except when the clock runs down and the music is over.

She played her role greatly on the ice where she received two level 4s for her spins like the wonderful layback at the end. Off ice however she is a totally normal girl with totally normal problems like having a hard time opening the door on the way to the shuttle bus - guess that's why the organizing committee put someone there now, too many skaters were stuck due the lack of arm power. ;)

I can highly recommend this one tomorrow in the LP.

jace93

On the Ice
Proklova skates much better than the rest of the pack. She was overcautious because as I guess she has not fully recovered from the injury. And she fell. Otherwise she would win with ease. Hope she finds her form and win the event with the clean FS.

not so sure she would win with ease... Wakaba has the second highest tech score on this year circuit... and her pcs are rising thanks to her good result

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Proklova had already 190+ score last season. Wakaba is way too far from that yet. She needs to add some personal touch to her skating. So far she just moves fast and jumps well - at least that what I saw on the monitor.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The only thing I have to be critical of Wakaba is her spins. They look so labored and awkward to me. I don't see how she gets +2's on them. It doesn't seem like they are anything more than average spins worthy of such GOE.

Here is the criteria for awarding spin GOE. It is suggested that 4 bullets are achieved to recieve +2

1) good speed or acceleration during spin
2) ability to center a spin quickly
3) balanced rotations in all positions
4) clearly more than required number of revolutions
5) good position(s) (including height and air position in flying spins)
6) creativity and originality
7) good control throughout all phases
8) element matched to the musical structure

She is a good skater though and while I don't find her exciting to watch she is a solid jumper with a smooth flow throughout.

jace93

On the Ice
Proklova had already 190+ score last season. Wakaba is way too far from that yet. She needs to add some personal touch to her skating. So far she just moves fast and jumps well - at least that what I saw on the monitor.

Proklova PB is 181,18...

in the sp she has quite the advantage

total SP 63,43
tech 36,91
pcs 26,91

against Higuchi's:
total SP 58,99
tech 33,30
pcs 25,69

but in the free they are on par:

Sasha:
total 117,75
tes 63,18
pcs 54, 57

against Higuchi

total 116,93
tes 67,29
pcs 49, 64

(and seeing as her pcs raised here if she skate cleanish enough she should arrive around 53...)

So yes if she was healthy I would bet on Proklova, but I wouldn't be 100 % sure on her win...

Nena

Rinkside
And Proklova was already having UR problems even before she was injured. I'm worried about her surviving puberty. Her jumps have never been as good as some of the other Russian girls.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Russian Nationals isn't an ISU judged event and all Nationals are always inflated. Especially in an Olympic year. Anyways they don't count toward PB.

How about that, in the nationals she beat Pogo who then became #4 in the senior Worlds? As for inflation, in this particular case I am not sure - Yulia's score was lower than in the Worlds where she fell and of course, much lower than in the team Olympics. Sorry, just checked - Yulia's score at Nationals was higher than at the Worlds but lower than at team Olympics. Anyway, what I wanted to say is that I am sure that Sasha can do much better than today. And that Wakaba is quite solid when she skates clean. As she had already 2 clean skates in a roll one can safely say that she is consistent which together with speed and jumps makes her a serious competitor with Russian girls who could not boast consistency during the last GP events.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Agreed. Personally I prefer Sasha with a fall rather than Wakaba with a clean skate.

The only thing I have to be critical of Wakaba is her spins. They look so labored and awkward to me. I don't see how she gets +2's on them. It doesn't seem like they are anything more than average spins worthy of such GOE.

Here is the criteria for awarding spin GOE. It is suggested that 4 bullets are achieved to recieve +2

She is a good skater though and while I don't find her exciting to watch she is a solid jumper with a smoth flow throughout.